Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Jr./Russian lawyer meeting: Jr. knew info was part of Russian Gov effort  (Read 35627 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:03 AM »

Trump Jr. is the Gob Bluth of politics
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »

This has the feel of an impending statement that goes, “I, Michael Richard Pence, do solemnly swear I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States…”

You and I both know Trump isn't going to go down willingly.

In addition, there's a sizable percentage of the country who just doesn't care. Remember that poll saying that 43% of Americans trust Trump more than CNN/the media? That's going to come into play here.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 12:07:15 PM »

This has the feel of an impending statement that goes, “I, Michael Richard Pence, do solemnly swear I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States…”

In addition, there's a sizable percentage of the country who just doesn't care. Remember that poll saying that 43% of Americans trust Trump more than CNN/the media? That's going to come into play here.

Not enough to win a Presidential election. Pence will be President. The gop knows the math.

It isn't enough to win, but it's enough to make the risk arguably greater than the reward unless bigger shoes drop (which, to be fair, I do expect).
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »

Not enough to win a Presidential election. Pence will be President. The gop knows the math.

It isn't enough to win, but it's enough to make the risk arguably greater than the reward unless bigger shoes drop (which, to be fair, I do expect).

Why would the GOP leadership assume shoes aren't dropping?

Touché, but I'm of the opinion that politicians (like most people) are severely lacking in foresight
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »

ted, the Republican leadership may lack foresight and may focus on 2018 as their job is to do that but at some point, the ship is sinking and the 55-39% approvals are going to ... well, possibly crater more as time goes by.

you get the idea. We'll see how this plays out.

Yeah, the only real way is to wait and see, but I've learned never to underestimate the stupidity of our leaders
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:51:23 PM »

"Watergate but every Congressman is Earl Landgrebe and every time they say 'nothingburger' it gets faster"
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 05:30:12 PM »

Kayleigh McEnany: Forget Don Jr.'s email — it's Hillary Clinton who 'colluded' with Russia

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/341493-opinion-forget-don-jrs-email-its-hillary-clinton-who-colluded-with#.WWU4Udq8U7Q.twitter
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 07:06:50 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2017, 07:08:31 PM by Ted Bessell »

Alt-right twitter (Cernovich, Menk, Paul Joseph Watson) Is now trying to hilariously conjure up a story where Hillary colluded with Ukraine in the election. That is probably the most pathetic attack on Clinton yet.

Who would bother colluding with Ukraine? If you're going to cheat, conspire, etc., you'll pick a country that has the power to make a difference in our election...

The next logical step in this chain is that Russia invaded Ukraine in order to protect the integrity of American elections.  If some RW pundit actually says this, remember that you heard it here first. Smiley

I'm not sure if you're joking, but I unironically think that within the next few months thess types will be promoting some kind of U.S. retaliation against Ukraine
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 09:46:53 PM »

I remember when Don Jr. was on The Apprentice and our whole family called him "Trumpy" because he was such a dork. Those were simpler times.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 12:44:00 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/885109663217352704
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »

If the new narrative is "Hillary colluded with Russia to hurt Trump" I'm going to bust a capillary
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 07:05:53 PM »

Why do I have the feeling more bombshells are coming down the pike?

McCain, yesterday: "There'll be many more shoes that drop."  http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-jr-email-russia-john-mccain-says-more-bombshells-on-trump-and-russia-are-coming-2017-7

Schiff, yesterday: "There's an awful lot more [intelligence] than that's even in the public domain."  http://thehill.com/homenews/house/341417-top-intel-dem-warns-trump-jr-we-have-much-more-intel-than-what-public-knows

John Schindler (IC expert), many times, most recently today: "More and worse is coming, as I've said many times." https://twitter.com/20committee/status/885119452697812993

Etc.

That could be why.

Are those 'shoes' going to be anything to do with the Trump Tower/Alfa Bank server links? Because it  looks like that's fake news as well

https://weaponizedautism.wordpress.com/2017/04/09/trump-dns-logs-fabricated/

With all due respect, I find it hard to take a blog called "weaponized autism" seriously
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 07:14:06 PM »

The fact that Don Jr. may have technically broken campaign finance laws is small potatoes, and the FEC is toothless anyway.

The real significance of these developments is that we've crossed the Rubicon from "no evidence of collusion" to "clear evidence of attempted collusion". Let's see where the evidence leads from here.

Ding ding ding
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 03:59:29 PM »

Don't know if it's been posted here yet, but Cernovich is postulating that Obama arranged this meeting so the lawyer could wiretap Trump Tower while she was there
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 07:04:30 PM »

So this gives rise to the entire Trumps are murderers, jist lije the Clintins conspiracy.

Obviously, Obama and Hillary offed him to provide cover for THE SETUP
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 01:31:36 AM »

lol at these grifters

Friendly reminder that (since if this blows up into actual charges, everyone even remotely connected to the scandal on the Trump Campaign/in the White House is going to need a lawyer) this is an utter assload of money we're talking about.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2017, 10:00:24 AM »

Quote from: Restricted

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/889467610332528641
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies