Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:25:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote Purple State/Marokai Blue in June!  (Read 30055 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:59:20 PM »

Can I just say that Kalwejt's DWTL impersonation is hilarious and confusing. For a second I thought the PS/MB ticket rolled DWTL out of his grave and back into the game. Tongue

When I saw that, I almost died...then I saw it was just Kal Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »

I'm in! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »

I must say, I am extremely impressed by this campaign so far.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »

You have my endorsement. afleitch has been embarrassingly inactive, and Smid, too (I expected Smid to be, though). I trust that you two can bring the necessarily clash and policy debate that will energize this dead and, well, boring game.

Thanks Hammie.
Unless he's undergoing a personality crisis, I can't see Hamilton ever supporting a PurpleState/MarokaiBlue ticket...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:39:41 AM »

On that note, I will not have a policy proposal for this week. My mind has been numbed by my finals and my time will continue to be limited until Saturday or Sunday night. Many thanks to my running mate for pulling double duty.

I have small additions to each of the above policies:

On defending employment, the goal is to create a system in which the government helps provide a floor under falling employment to curb sharp decreases. By keeping people in work we will be actively avoiding a significant drop in private spending, which would otherwise produce further losses of revenue and a deeper recession. Such a policy will be multi-faceted, targeting both large employers and small businesses to keep our engine of innovation churning.

On question time, I think the biggest missing element is a distinct rival to rebut the President and provide an alternative view. The opportunity should be more of a debate, rather than a Q&A. I would like to find a way to change that, possibly by inviting citizen nominations for each month's "questioner" to promote greater engagement.

Perhaps each party in congress without a President or VP (pop and RPP) can select one of their own to be the "leader of the opposition".
Smid is in the RPP, unless something happened that I  don't know about. So it would be the Pop and the JCP.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »

The Senate didn't act on this, so now I make it a pledge to introduce it if elected. Tongue

I have a proposition for the Senate... an annual day of National Celebration on the anniversary of Phil ceasing to be President. It could be called 'Keystone Shill' day.

If the Senate doesn't take up this task I shall make it a campaign pledge.
What will this do for Atlasia, besides make some people bitter and angry? I think this could set an extremely bad predecent, if passed.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »

Come now, it's all in good fun. Besides, it's not like Phil did much or was that much of an accomplished figure. He did absolutely nothing. Plus, I passed a bill to fix something titled the "Xahar Complains Too Much Act" and that was harmless. Tongue
At least that bill had a usefull meaning. It had something to do with your introduction thread, didn't it?

This bill would really serve no purpose. While it could all be in fun, it could get people thinking "Hey, I think I'll introduce a silly bill poking fun at another member too!"

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »

Oh. My. Heavens.
*Runs to the bathroom and vomits*

Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star