Dept. of Fed. Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:27:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Dept. of Fed. Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dept. of Fed. Elections  (Read 26663 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 20, 2011, 12:02:14 AM »

If it was an IDS booth, he would be screwed but my instincts tell me that as long as it isn't "campaigning" then Jake is fine.

Basically, click on the thread, vote, confirm it went in once (not twice if the computer jammed or whatever), and the get the hell out of the thread. That is my philosphy regarding voting booths. Or it atleast it was till I had to start tracking voter turnout for the party. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »

I'm really relieved everybody Smiley Looks like I'm never going to post in the same voting booth twice ever again XD

Has Franzl responded on it yet? If not, I wouldn't celebrate, yet. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »

I don't know if this has occurred to anyone yet: we now will need to hold a special election to replace Dallasfan in the Senate.

...the Northeast Senate? You mean I could run again?! Cheesy Oh goodie, I just love campaigning Cheesy

Its for one of the At-Large seats. Such a special election is extremely difficult as you would basically have do the same thing that tmth just did only for a Senate seat instead of the presidency.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »

I don't know if this has occurred to anyone yet: we now will need to hold a special election to replace Dallasfan in the Senate.

...the Northeast Senate? You mean I could run again?! Cheesy Oh goodie, I just love campaigning Cheesy

Its for one of the At-Large seats. Such a special election is extremely difficult as you would basically have do the same thing that tmth just did only for a Senate seat instead of the presidency.

I'm up for it!

You might want to take a look at the October results first... (and this was prior to my being universally hated...)

That was October, now is now. I'm going to campaign rigorously, I'm too determined to give up now.

The JCP has decided who has won all such special elections since late 2008. Look at all of tmth's voters, and ask yourself whether or not you can win all of them, including your best new friend RowanBrandon. Tongue Because if you can't, it will be a massacre. Evil

I appreciate your enthusiasm, it is what keeps this game alive. However the spending of such enthusiasm on such pointless endeavours may lead to a decline of such enthusiasm.

Its your decision. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »

OK, I've caught 3 voters that need to be disqualified because of the 25 minimum. ECR, Barnes and Jedi.

Oh, really. Sad Booo inactivity.

Well its not like you having your vote disqualified is anything new. Tongue

Of course the real travesty is that losing ECR dropped me back to 87% which is such an ugly percentage to look at it, 88% or 86% are far more appealing. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:43:37 AM »

I'm up for it!

You might want to take a look at the October results first... (and this was prior to my being universally hated...)

That was October, now is now. I'm going to campaign rigorously, I'm too determined to give up now.

The JCP has decided who has won all such special elections since late 2008. Look at all of tmth's voters, and ask yourself whether or not you can win all of them, including your best new friend RowanBrandon. Tongue Because if you can't, it will be a massacre. Evil

I appreciate your enthusiasm, it is what keeps this game alive. However the spending of such enthusiasm on such pointless endeavours may lead to a decline of such enthusiasm.

Its your decision. Tongue

I don't think you should be discouraging people from running.  In the current political climate here, anything is possible.

Who the hell is discouraging anyone from running? Its his choice whether to run our not, but I am sick of seeing people mislead into the guantlet with stupid cliches like the one you ended that post with. If someone is to run I would think it an obligation not to sugar coat the reality of the situation, so as to reduce the potential for disappointment and by extention, disinterest in the game.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »

Geez, calm down dude.  Tongue

I do think anything is possible in this special senate election, at least insofar as which party the winner will belong to.  This may have been a slam-dunk for the JCP in the past, but I don't think that is true anymore.  The right wing will have to run somebody, right?  Sorry if you don't like my stupid cliches.

I would say its a strong likelihood considering. Of course, however, anything is possible. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 11:32:56 AM »

Did PS and the boys change that section of the Constitution in the last convention?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »

Did PS and the boys change that section of the Constitution in the last convention?

Nope. I had hoped so, but it looks identical.

You feel like pulling an Andrew Jackson? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »

It will be beyond silly to hold seperate elections.  Do the right thing.

The case dealt with absentee booths, which isn't an issue right now.

Two thirds of the case is about absentee votes, however it's that section about the "Constitution speaking in singular and not plural" that is the problem.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »

It only gets worse when you know two of Supreme Court Justices from then are still on the Bench (I am guessing since Sam Spade joined it in July 2008, and the case references July 17th 2008, that he was already on the bench?).

So no chance for them reversing it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 11:44:24 AM »

Constitutional amendment time. Evil

Won't solve the current problem though.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 11:45:03 AM »

It only gets worse when you know two of Supreme Court Justices from then are still on the Bench (I am guessing since Sam Spade joined it in July 2008, and the case references July 17th 2008, that he was already on the bench?).

So no chance for them reversing it.

I know that Bullmoose and Sam Spade voted in favor of this ruling. I don't think opebo said anything throughout the entire thing. No idea what he or Ebowed would think now.

It says unanimous at the top of the wiki page.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »

Constitutional amendment time. Evil

Won't solve the current problem though.

I do kind of wonder if the Court could be convinced to change its ruling, though. I think there are some arguments that could be made...

You have to decide what you want to do here. If you think you have a good case then go for it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 11:52:10 AM »

The court's ruling was merely that the number of candidates in the special election could not be changed after absentee voting began.  While it ruled that portion of the law unconstitutional, that merely means that special elections do not have to be held in that manner, not that they cannot.

What?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »

The court's ruling was merely that the number of candidates in the special election could not be changed after absentee voting began.  While it ruled that portion of the law unconstitutional, that merely means that special elections do not have to be held in that manner, not that they cannot.

Yeah, that is true indeed. If statute does not clearly specify a manner in which an election can be held, one could assume that it is in the disrection of the Department of Federal Elections.

Only problem with that.....they also explicitly ruled about "single elections" Smiley Don't think that'll work.

That sounds painful. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »

How would the two be distinguished? Are there any really numbering or letters recognized in law for each At-Large seat?

How would the candidates declare for them?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »

How would the two be distinguished? Are there any really numbering or letters recognized in law for each At-Large seat?

How would the candidates declare for them?

If we wind up holding two seperate elections, I would PM each candidate that has currently declared and ask him/her to specify which seat they're running for.

They're not numbered (yet), as far as I know.....but we hold single special elections for vacancies without further specifying.

This is going to get complicated.....I fear.

You don't have to specify with one vacancy, you just hold the election and that guy gets the seat that is vacant. These seats have always looked ridiculous to me. The method by which succession is determined is dumb. First it was order in which you won election or something like that and now its by ideology. There is no real set order of succession or even "defined" seats as individual entities.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »

If ain't Xahar, its Al. If it ain't Al, it's Jas. And if it ain't Jas, it's Lewis. Wink Tongue

Would have been great 2008 era RPP internal propaganda.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »

I wrote the law Franzl was intending to follow...

It was a joke. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This part of Bgwah's bill would solve that problem.

If Snowguy or Kal had bothered to bring it to the floor, we might be better off. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 04:57:49 PM »

So, is Franzl still SoFE and if so will he be back to administer the elections?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 07:08:59 PM »

Shua can appear on the ballot with the RPP endorsement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies