To me it seems pretty silly that Obama thinks he can ACTUALLY get North Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:27:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  To me it seems pretty silly that Obama thinks he can ACTUALLY get North Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To me it seems pretty silly that Obama thinks he can ACTUALLY get North Carolina  (Read 12252 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: May 09, 2008, 01:12:52 AM »

Anything is possible with Him, my friends. North Carolina, Nebraska, North Dakota, Virginia ... there isn't a state that will refuse to fall to him!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 03:04:06 PM »

For all we know this could be the map.

For all we know, this could be the map, too...

But I think Virginia is probably much more winnable than Florida for Obama. I'm not sure why people are even talking about WV. That state will go 60% for McCain for sure. Hillary may have carried it, but its no where near a swing state for Obama.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 03:11:14 AM »

I guess I don't think like that. I think they were perfectly reasonable predictions for May of this past year. Remember, this election was a referendum on what happened September 15th. Before then this race was lean McCain.

No it was not, nor was it ever lean McCain, other than maybe very very slightly lean McCain in late August. It was at best for him a tossup.

And >60% in WV for McCain was never reasonable, nor was it ever backed up by polling.

Actually, if McCain had won the race, WV would've been 60% in his favor if it followed the trends. He got 56% and lost the election by almost 8%. At this point of the race, it was still everyone's ballgame. It's not like you were some genius to predict WV wouldn't go 60% for McCain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies