To me it seems pretty silly that Obama thinks he can ACTUALLY get North Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:37:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  To me it seems pretty silly that Obama thinks he can ACTUALLY get North Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To me it seems pretty silly that Obama thinks he can ACTUALLY get North Carolina  (Read 12250 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: December 11, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »

It really worries me that Obama's advisors actually think that he can win North Carolina...

That is scary. Who are these incompetent people?

Better than Hillary's advisors, that's for sure.

At least Hillary's advisors realize that the swing states are Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and West Virginia, unlike Obama's advisors, who think that the swing states are Virginia and North Carolina.

They probably even think that Obama won those states. What lunatics.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »

I see that the myth that McCain would've won if not for the financial crisis is starting to take hold; ignoring all polls that were taken preconventions.

That's ok, though. In 2012 Republicans can say "if only the economy had stayed horribly awful, Obama would've lost" and use that to convince themselves we are still a "center right" country (whatever that means).

The economy was already crappy anyways. If Wall Street had waited a couple of months to blow up, it's probably the same map except that McCain wins all 5 NE electors, NC, and probably IN.  Anyone assuming that McCain would have won Iowa (Obama won by 9.53%) or any safer state for Obama is a total hack. Those states give Obama 269, where he wins in the House. Colorado (8.95% margin) avoids the House.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies