State Department
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:07:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State Department
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: State Department  (Read 15747 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2005, 01:48:28 PM »

I know the letter U is far away, but will sanctions be put on the United States?  Tensions have been high since their bigot President falsely proclaimed that all of our land belonged to them...
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2005, 03:21:03 PM »

State Department of Atlasia[/b]

Foreign Policy Review [/u]

East Timor - Ethiopia

East Timor, Republic of – See Timor.

Ecuador, Republic of – Full military restrictions are to put in place, but no trade restrictions. Assistance in the removal of corruption should be provided, if the Ecuadorian so requests. 

Egypt, Arab Republic of – Full military and trade restrictions shall be placed on Egypt until there is a liberalization and democratization of Egypt.

El Salvador, Republic of – Some military restrictions, but no trade restrictions are in place. It is hoped that increased civil liberties and political rights will increase in El Salvador.

Equatorial Guinea, Republic of - Full trade and military restrictions are to be in place against Equatorial Guinea.

Eritrea, State of – Full trade and military restrictions are to be in place against Eritrea.

Estonia, Republic of – No economic or military restrictions are to placed on Estonia.

Ethiopia, Federal Democratic Republic of – Full military and most economic restrictions are to be placed on Ethiopia.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2005, 09:11:10 PM »

Cambodia

Cambodia, Kingdom of - Full military and trade restrictions are in place against Cambodia.

Actually, I had advised not enacting trade restrictions against Cambodia, but of course the Secretary has the final word. Wink

East Timor - Ethiopia

Ecuador, Republic of – Full military restrictions are to put in place, but no trade restrictions. Assistance in the removal of corruption should be provided, if the Ecuadorian so requests.

Ecudaor is a democracy (Political Rights 3, Civil Liberties 3) and an ally of Atlasia. Might I gently ask for an explanation of this? Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While Egypt is every bit as bad as you indicate, they are also an ally of Atlasia, perhaps a stronger one than Brunei. Wink Might I gingerly inquire as for the reason behind the discrepancy?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While Ethiopia is a rather 'rough republic', they have cooperated with Atlasia on the war on terrorism/radical Islamism. Perhaps the economic restrictions could be lifted?

The Secretary is doing a fine job in issuing this overdue diplomatic review and should be commended for it. Grin

-Thy Servant, Senator WMS
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2005, 03:57:24 PM »

Denmark - Dominican Republic

Djibouti, Republic of – The strong presence of France and the weakness of local government and the lack of social and civic rights is disturbing, especially the lack of political protest. Full economic and military restrictions are in place against Djibouti. French actions in Djibouti should be noted as a blemish on their own record.

Dominica, Commonwealth of – No trade or military restrictions are to be placed on Dominica.

Dominican Republic – No trade or military restrictions are to be placed on the Dominican Republic.

You forgot Denmark.  I'm sure that's because you are trying to come up with some punishment that matches their horrible crimes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2005, 05:43:54 PM »

Eritrea, State of – Full trade and military restrictions are to be in place against Eritrea.
I would like to remind the Secretary that this would be a change in Atlasian policy, as Defense Secretary Ford provided some military assistance in exchange for their part in Atlasia’s Sudan policy at the time.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »

Eritrea, State of – Full trade restrictions are to be in place against Eritrea.

You have just upseted many Chrisitian aide groups who have been trying to help Eritrea for years...

I am against the Secretary's ruling on Eritrea.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2005, 05:32:53 PM »

Denmark, Kingdom of – No trade or military restrictions are in place on Denmark.

Eritrea, State of - No economic restrictions are in place, but partial military restrictions, only personal ordanance is advised.

Ethiopia, Republic of - Full military restrictions are in place, but not economic.

Side note, it is my personal policy that Atlasia should not align itself with non-democratic governments, i.e. Egypt.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2005, 05:35:27 PM »

F

Fiji Islands, Republic of the – No trade or economic restrictions are in place.

Finland, Republic of – No trade or economic restrictions are in place.

France, Republic of – It is advised that partial economic and partial military restrictions are put in France. The denial of certain religious freedoms and poor treatment in ‘Colonial Africa’ is a stain on France’s record and must be in some way punished. Select tariffs are suggested.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2005, 05:45:51 PM »

I've decided since it usually takes me way too long to complete a letter, and that G, L, M, N, and S are really long, that I'll do them in integrals of 3-5. It should speed things along and make editing quicker.

Siege
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2005, 06:22:57 PM »

France, Republic of – It is advised that partial economic and partial military restrictions are put in France. The denial of certain religious freedoms and poor treatment in ‘Colonial Africa’ is a stain on France’s record and must be in some way punished. Select tariffs are suggested.

Nice.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2005, 12:06:37 AM »

Denmark, Kingdom of – No trade or military restrictions are in place on Denmark.

Eritrea, State of - No economic restrictions are in place, but partial military restrictions, only personal ordanance is advised.

Ethiopia, Republic of - Full military restrictions are in place, but not economic.

Side note, it is my personal policy that Atlasia should not align itself with non-democratic governments, i.e. Egypt.

No change on Ecuador? Sad
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2005, 03:34:16 PM »

Sorry Senator, if you want to introduce a resolution into the Senate I'll be forced to change tactics.

Siege
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2005, 05:17:56 PM »

Sorry Senator, if you want to introduce a resolution into the Senate I'll be forced to change tactics.

Siege

So I see, Mr. Secretary. Thanks for your consideration in responding, though. Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2005, 01:23:47 PM »

Gabon - Georgia

Gabon, Republic of – Full military and partial economic restrictions are to be placed on Gabon. End of the one party state is desired, as is the opening of civil liberties.

Gambia, Republic of the – Partial economic and full military restrictions are to be placed on the Gambia.

Georgia – It is the position of the Atlasian government to not sell arms to the Georgian government given the instability of the nation, and the corrupt nature of it and past regimes. Any efforts to bring democracy and more transparent government are, in theory supported by the Atlasian government. On the issue of Abkazia, the Atlasian State Department supports the creation of a democratic republic for the region that has been fighting for independence for the last 20 years.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2005, 05:29:57 PM »

Clark Kent, Daily Planet.

Any new developements regarding French response to possible US trade sanctions?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2005, 03:35:04 AM »

Georgia – It is the position of the Atlasian government to not sell arms to the Georgian government given the instability of the nation, and the corrupt nature of it and past regimes. Any efforts to bring democracy and more transparent government are, in theory supported by the Atlasian government. On the issue of Abkazia, the Atlasian State Department supports the creation of a democratic republic for the region that has been fighting for independence for the last 20 years.

WHAT! The current government in Georgia is the most democratic and least corrupt Georgia has had in its entire history! They're staunch allies of Atlasia, and gave assistance to the democratic revolutions in Ukraine, Moldova, and Kyrgyzstan. Not to mention their vital role in providing an outlet to Central Asian oil that isn't subject to Russian control (the Baku-Ceyhan pipeline). And the Abkazians engaged in ethnic cleansing of Georgians during their war of 'independence' and are little more than a repressive Russian puppet state.

Mr. Secretary, I must protest this action.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2005, 01:33:59 PM »

Clark Kent, Daily Planet.

Any new developements regarding French response to possible US trade sanctions?

They're free to do as they please, that doesn't mean they're free to run around in Africa continuing practices long hoped and believed dead.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2005, 06:03:14 PM »

Georgia – It is the position of the Atlasian government to not sell arms to the Georgian government. Any efforts to bring increased democracy and more transparent government are, in theory supported by the Atlasian government. On the issue of Abkazia, the Atlasian State Department supports neither, and shall remain neutral. No economic restrictions are to be put in place.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2005, 06:12:18 PM »

Germany - Guyana

Germany, Federal Republic of – No economic or military restrictions shall be placed on Germany.

Ghana, Republic of – Partial military restriction but no economic restrictions are to be placed on Ghana.

Greece, Republic of – No economic or trade restrictions are to be placed on Greece.

Grenada, Republic of – No economic or trade restrictions are to be placed on Grenada.

Guatemala, Republic of – Partial military and partial economic restrictions are to be placed on Guatemala. The decay of its civil government and the formation of death squads alarm the State Department.

Guinea, Republic of – Full economic and trade restrictions are to be placed on Guinea.

Guinea-Bissau, Republic of – Full military and partial economic restrictions are to be placed on Guinea-Bissau.

Guyana, Republic of – No economic or military restrictions are to be placed on Guyana.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2005, 06:20:53 PM »

Senate Recommendation #3

The Nuclear Restriction Act

Section 1 - The government of Atlasia will neither sell technology in the process to generate nuclear weapons, or operational nuclear weapons to foreign powers.

Section 2 - In the Foreign Policy, all instances referring to ‘No military Restrictions,’ excludes nuclear weapons and nuclear weapon technology.

Secretary of State Siege40
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2005, 10:01:07 PM »

Georgia – It is the position of the Atlasian government to not sell arms to the Georgian government. Any efforts to bring increased democracy and more transparent government are, in theory supported by the Atlasian government. On the issue of Abkazia, the Atlasian State Department supports neither, and shall remain neutral. No economic restrictions are to be put in place.

A slight improvement, Mr. Secretary, although I would still prefer to support the Georgian government, given their aid in Ukraine, Moldova, and Kyrgyzstan. But I suspect your answer is the same as with Ecuador, correct? Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2005, 03:36:49 AM »

Cheesy
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2005, 09:32:32 AM »

A slight improvement, Mr. Secretary, although I would still prefer to support the Georgian government, given their aid in Ukraine, Moldova, and Kyrgyzstan. But I suspect your answer is the same as with Ecuador, correct? Wink

I acknowledge the positive work Georgia has done Senator, but sadly, in the end it is the treatment of their own people that I judge on finally.

Siege
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2005, 01:45:20 PM »

I acknowledge the positive work Georgia has done Senator, but sadly, in the end it is the treatment of their own people that I judge on finally.

Siege

They have gone quite some way forward since the Rose Revolution...certainly further than Brunei. Tongue
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2005, 09:50:36 PM »

Mr. Secretary, what is your response to the recent poll about the next addition to the Axis of Evil (see my sig)?  Will you follow through with the will of the people? Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies