State Department
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:40:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State Department
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: State Department  (Read 15750 times)
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2005, 03:16:28 PM »

Mr. Secretary, what is your response to the recent poll about the next addition to the Axis of Evil (see my sig)?  Will you follow through with the will of the people? Wink

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it... or not... Michigan?

Siege
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2005, 03:22:34 PM »

Mr. Secretary, what is your response to the recent poll about the next addition to the Axis of Evil (see my sig)?  Will you follow through with the will of the people? Wink

Siege

What about the rumours that Nym has been put on the terrorist watch list?
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2005, 03:24:33 PM »

Siege

What about the rumours that Nym has been put on the terrorist watch list?

The State Department will not confirm or deny any alegations, it will be the decision of the Defense Department.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2005, 03:25:45 PM »

State Department of Atlasia[/b]

Foreign Policy Review

Haiti-Hungary

Haiti, Republic of – Full military and economic restrictions are to be put on Haiti.

Hellenic Republic – See Greece, Republic of.

Honduras, Republic of – No economic and partial military restrictions shall be placed on Honduras.

Hungary, Republic of – No economic or military restrictions shall be placed on Hungary.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2005, 08:41:38 PM »

Happy birthday Mr. Secretary!
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2005, 09:17:23 PM »

Happy Birthday Seige. Kiki
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2005, 06:27:24 PM »

Thanks guys. I haven't been feeling excellent lately, and I've been monstrously busy.

On Saturday I participated in Ontario Model Parliament. I ran for Leader of the New Democratic Party. I wore an orange tie, which, apparently won me the election. Ya, I know. So, as leader of the NDP I went on to debate the leaders of the PC and Liberal Parties. Happy day. The Liberal came off as arrogant and snooty (surprise), and the conservative at one point was tricked into saying, 'The Conservative Party's position is not to kill gay people.' I came in with the snide remark of this being a remarkable improvement from past policies, and got a laugh.

So, the PCs look like bigots, the Liberals look like dinks and there I am standing nervously in an orange tie. Then the voting starts. Turns out that my party leadership rivals were 'less than impressed by my poor debate preformance.' They decided to to kill the coup... thankfully. At this point the stress is really getting to me, so with the sore throat I've been wrestling for a month I go off to find a drink.

When I return it turns out I missed the vote results. The lunatics voted me in, the bastards. In the Junior House the NDP won 66% of the vote, Majority, well done by me Wink. In the Senior House we're in Minority, which makes my job against the Liberal Opposition damn near impossible.

So with a hostile caucasus, beligerent opposition parties, bitchy staff that run the simulation and all the pressures of school I have some how ended up the 19th Primier of the OMP simulation.

In May we go down to Toronto and sit in the real legislature and sit in the real seats, I'll be sitting in the Primiers spot calling the Conservatives fascists while I dramatically pop ulcer medication.

Good times.

Siege
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2005, 06:32:38 PM »

Foreign Policy Review

Iceland-Iraq

Iceland, Republic of – No military or economic restrictions.

India, Republic of – No military or economic restrictions.

Indonesia, Republic of – Partial military restrictions and partial economic restrictions.

Iran, Islamic Republic of – Full military and economic restrictions.

Iraq, Republic of – No economic or military restrictions.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2005, 07:03:01 PM »

Thanks guys. I haven't been feeling excellent lately, and I've been monstrously busy.

On Saturday I participated in Ontario Model Parliament. I ran for Leader of the New Democratic Party. I wore an orange tie, which, apparently won me the election. Ya, I know. So, as leader of the NDP I went on to debate the leaders of the PC and Liberal Parties. Happy day. The Liberal came off as arrogant and snooty (surprise), and the conservative at one point was tricked into saying, 'The Conservative Party's position is not to kill gay people.' I came in with the snide remark of this being a remarkable improvement from past policies, and got a laugh.

So, the PCs look like bigots, the Liberals look like dinks and there I am standing nervously in an orange tie. Then the voting starts. Turns out that my party leadership rivals were 'less than impressed by my poor debate preformance.' They decided to to kill the coup... thankfully. At this point the stress is really getting to me, so with the sore throat I've been wrestling for a month I go off to find a drink.

When I return it turns out I missed the vote results. The lunatics voted me in, the bastards. In the Junior House the NDP won 66% of the vote, Majority, well done by me Wink. In the Senior House we're in Minority, which makes my job against the Liberal Opposition damn near impossible.

So with a hostile caucasus, beligerent opposition parties, bitchy staff that run the simulation and all the pressures of school I have some how ended up the 19th Primier of the OMP simulation.

In May we go down to Toronto and sit in the real legislature and sit in the real seats, I'll be sitting in the Primiers spot calling the Conservatives fascists while I dramatically pop ulcer medication.

Good times.

Siege

Very cool Siege Cheesy
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2005, 07:53:59 PM »

Good times.

Siege

Very intresting, Siege. Hope you don't get too sick to your stomach. Nice to see you back. 
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2005, 07:58:23 PM »

Hope you feel better, I introduced one of your Senate recommendations as a bill.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2005, 08:01:39 PM »

Welcome back.

Whilst I hate to be a drag, could I get a comment on this thread

Peter
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2005, 11:57:45 AM »

Foreign Policy Review

Ireland - Jordan

Ireland, Republic of – No military or economic restrictions are to be placed on Ireland.

Israel, State of – Partial military or but no economic restrictions are to be placed on Israel.

Italy, Republic of – No military or economic restrictions are to be placed on Italy.

Jamaica, Commonwealth of – No economic or military restrictions are to be placed on Jamaica.

Japan, Empire of – No economic or military restrictions are to be placed on Japan.

Jordan, Hashemite Kingdom of – Full military and economic restrictions are to be placed on Jordan.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2005, 12:45:19 PM »

Terrible decision on Israel Mr. Secretary.  Israel is one of our best armaments costumers and any restrictions on the sale of military equiptment would be a bad decision.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2005, 02:48:47 PM »

Terrible decision on Israel Mr. Secretary.  Israel is one of our best armaments costumers and any restrictions on the sale of military equiptment would be a bad decision.

I know... I know... something bothered me deeply about not restricting Israel in some way though...

Siege
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2005, 03:11:30 PM »

Maybe we can restrict them under cultural transactions Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2005, 03:05:55 PM »

Mr. Secretary, I think partial restrictions on Jordan are fairer than full ones, especially if Brunei has no restrictions at all.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2005, 03:53:56 PM »

I know... I know... something bothered me deeply about not restricting Israel in some way though...

Siege

I have to agree with Jake. Putting any sort of restrictions on a democratic nation that is one of our biggest allies in the Middle East is a horrible decision. I would hope that the State Department rethinks its implementation of partial military sanctions on Israel. The only thing keeping Israel from being destroyed by the nations surrounding it is its large well-armed military and the reason the IDF is well-armed is because of constant trade with the United States and other western allies. Without this trade and supply Israel's position as a military power able to defend itself is severly hampered.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2005, 04:12:02 PM »

In agreement with others here, I oppose any restrictions on Israel and I think restrictions on Jordan should be partial, if any.  Jordan was an excellent ally in the Iraq war.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2005, 04:20:36 PM »

In agreement with others here, I oppose any restrictions on Israel and I think restrictions on Jordan should be partial, if any.  Jordan was an excellent ally in the Iraq war.

I agree completey with the distinguished Senator.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2005, 04:27:18 PM »

Yes, I oppose the restrictions on Israel as well, I was just covering something else and failed to mention that. Smiley
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2005, 05:32:21 PM »

I bow to the will of the people

Foreign Policy Review

Israel, State of – No military or economic restrictions are to be placed on Israel.

Jordan, Hashemite Kingdom of – Partial military and economic restrictions are to be placed on Jordan.

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2005, 06:25:18 PM »

Mr. Secretary, you are doing a great job. However, could be so so kind to compromise a master list of all the nations you have listed?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2005, 06:56:31 PM »

Mr. Secretary, you are doing a great job. However, could be so so kind to compromise a master list of all the nations you have listed?

Can't you just read through the thread?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2005, 08:45:38 PM »

Its good to see that no one at State is panicking over the threats of civil war.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies