Morning Consult national poll: Sanders 42% Trump 36%; Generic Dem 44% Trump 35% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:44:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Morning Consult national poll: Sanders 42% Trump 36%; Generic Dem 44% Trump 35% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Morning Consult national poll: Sanders 42% Trump 36%; Generic Dem 44% Trump 35%  (Read 2043 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 02, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »

I guess that depends on if you think the GOP is going to stop being the party of white grievance any time soon. I have my guess as to the answer of that question.

Trump got a smaller percentage of the white vote than Mitt Romney did and the same percentage of whites as Bush 2004 did (while sh**tting the bed with growing minority groups).

The GOP will probably go nuclear for a bit with their racially charged politics but they’ll self correct by the 2030’s. The southern-evangelical Christian Strategy is toxic to every single growing demographic in the country: Millennials, Latinos, Asians, college educated, irreligious, etc. If nothing else, demopgraphics + climate change pushing Florida and Texas out of their column will force them to adapt or die.

I think a real evangelical strategy (Russell Moore rather than Jerry Falwell, Jr.) would be effective with Asian and Hispanic voters. That strategy of minority appeal was a huge part of Bush's 2004 win (and close CA loss.)

But unfortunately, I agree with the overall conclusion. We should look to the Conservatives/urban Republicans for a general PR template.

But Asian voters are for the most part irreligious or not Christian, but of some other religion. Latinos are still for the most part Catholic (although there is apparently a notable, yet growing share of Hispanic Evangelicals).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies