Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition, 6 others killed in Arizona (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:12:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition, 6 others killed in Arizona (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in critical condition, 6 others killed in Arizona  (Read 75832 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 09, 2011, 03:28:19 AM »

I don't even know what to say about this. I just got home from work and found out about it now. Obviously, I wish Rep. Giffords and the families of the victims the best. Other than that... speechless.

Kind of how I reacted though I was reading this at work but couldn't post. I should note I have been hearing stuff about how the guy listed Sarah Palin as someone he admired on a post on Facebook and that the Pima County Sheriff believes he may not have acted alone and that a "white male 50s" is being sought as a "person of interest".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 03:54:32 AM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:06:06 AM »

Comments from the great Alan Grayson:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »

I love the assumption that because he burns flags then therefore he's left-wing.

Anyone that assumes that is wrong...just like anyone that thinks being "anti government" is necessarily only extremely right wing.

The bigger the government, the more left-wing it is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »

I love the assumption that because he burns flags then therefore he's left-wing.

Anyone that assumes that is wrong...just like anyone that thinks being "anti government" is necessarily only extremely right wing.

The bigger the government, the more left-wing it is.

It reminds me of my arguments with a friend of mine when he insists that fascism is far left because it advocates bigger government.

It is an incredibly stupid statement yes. I am just pointing out that many on your side adhere to this type of thinking. It seems your friend would agree that this guy is "right wing" too.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »

No one is saying he was a teabagger brownshirt. What people are saying is that many on the right-wing (arguably the far right-wing) in this country have created an atmosphere where this kind of political violence is normalized and subtly encouraged, to the point that something like this happening eventually isn't very surprising at all.

Exactly. As brittain pointed out, remember Angle talking about "Second Amendment Remedies"
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 11:30:37 PM »

OK well that makes it quite clear he was left wing. After all we know every single person who has ever used marijuana is left wing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »

I just realized Giffords is probably going to have an awful case of survivor's guilt once she recovers and learns the full reality of what happened.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies