LC 5.7: Lincoln Gun Licensing Act of 2019 (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 05:13:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 5.7: Lincoln Gun Licensing Act of 2019 (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 5.7: Lincoln Gun Licensing Act of 2019 (Passed)  (Read 599 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2019, 11:17:31 AM »
« edited: December 27, 2019, 10:02:48 PM by Speaker OneJ »

Lincoln Gun Licensing Act of 2019

SECTION I:  Reinstating the Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018

1. The Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018 is hereby reinstated with the following provisions:

Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018

Section 1: Gun Licensing

i. A license shall be required to purchase and carry a firearm in the region of Lincoln.
ii. This license shall be required to be renewed every two three years.
iii. There shall be three categories of gun licenses: Class A for handguns, Class B for rifles and shotguns, and Class C for assault rifles or other semi-automatic weapons.
iv. To obtain a Class A license, a citizen must not have committed a violent crime, must have proof of passing a handgun training class and safety exam at a government approved facility, and must be at least 18 years of age.
v. To obtain a Class B license, a citizen must meet Class A requirements as well as have not committed a felony, except for those only regarding finance, have proof of passing a shotgun/rifle training class and safety exam class at a government approved facility, and pass a mental health test issued by a psychologist.
vi. To obtain a Class C license, a citizen must meet Class B requirements as well as having proof of a reasonable cause for having a Class C license, having proof of passing an assault weapon training and safety exam at a government approved facility, and be at least 21 years of age.
vii. The testing materials for the exams in the sections above shall be distributed for free by the government of Lincoln through the internet
viii. The tests for the exams in the sections above shall be conducted at any facility that performs tests for driver's licenses. The government of Lincoln shall not charge any fees for performing this exam

vii. 50% of the cost of licenses is to be covered by the applicant, the remaining 50% is to be covered by the government of Lincoln.

Section 2: Bans
i. Bump stocks and suppressors shall also be considered prohibited to operate, purchase, sell, or possess by private citizens. Magazines with more then 10 rounds of ammunition are also prohibited.
ii. Any individual that possess, uses, sells or purchases any of the above devices may face a fine not exceeding $100,000 and jail sentence not exceeding 3 years for all convictions made at a single point in time.
iii. Any individual who made a specific threat against a specific a specific citizen, business or institution in Lincoln within the last 60 days from the time they attempt to squire a firearm in Lincoln.

Section 3: Firearm Gifting and Sale Liability
i. Any individual residing in Lincoln that gifts or sells a firearm to any individual that uses it to commit a violent crime may be held both civilly and criminally liable if it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that they knew or ought to have known it was illegal for the individual to own or operate the firearm or that it would be used in a crime.

Section 4: Public School Security
i. All visitors as defined as a non-current student or faculty to a public school in Lincoln is must have any bags searched by a staff member situated at the front door before they are allowed to enter the School.

Section 5: Bureau of Firearm Safety and Licensing
i. The Bureau of Firearm Safety and Licensing (BFSL) is to be established.
ii. The BFSL shall have an NPC director that is appointed by the governor. The director is to handle hiring all other personnel. The governor can dissolve and reform the BFSL if deemed necessary.
iii. The BFSL is to oversee all proceedings of obtaining a firearms license and collect fines incurred from violations of gun laws.
iv. Collected fines are to be sent to a fund which is to be used to cover the government costs of licensing.

Section 6: Implementation

i. Sections 1 and 5 shall go into effect on January 1st, 2019.
ii. Sections 2, 3, and 4 shall go into effect immediately upon passage.

SECTION II: Implementation
1. This bill shall go into effect 1 month after passage.
2. Current gun owners shall be given a 2 year transition period where they can be allowed to keep and use their guns without a license.

Sponsor: S019

The debating period for the bill has commenced. Councilors shall have no less than 72 hours of debate time.
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »

I support the passage of the act
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 09:19:05 PM »

I'd support this reinstated version of the original bill.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »

Just a very minor amendment.

SECTION I:  Reinstating the Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018

1. The Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018 is hereby reinstated with the following provisions:

i. A license shall be required to purchase and carry a firearm in the region of Lincoln.
iii. There shall be three categories of gun licenses: Class A for handguns, Class B for rifles and shotguns, and Class C for assault rifles or other semi-automatic weapons.
iv. To obtain a Class A license, a citizen must not have committed a violent crime, must have proof of passing a handgun training class and safety exam at a government approved facility, and must be at least 18 years of age.
v. To obtain a Class B license, a citizen must meet Class A requirements as well as have not committed a felony, except for those only regarding finance, have proof of passing a shotgun/rifle training class and safety exam class at a government approved facility, and pass a mental health test issued by a psychologist.
vi. To obtain a Class C license, a citizen must meet Class B requirements as well as having proof of a reasonable cause for having a Class C license, having proof of passing an assault weapon training and safety exam at a government approved facility, and be at least 21 years of age.
vii. The testing materials for the exams in the sections above shall be distributed for free by the government of Lincoln through the internet
viii. The tests for the exams in the sections above shall be conducted at any facility that performs tests for driver's licenses. The government of Lincoln shall not charge any fees for performing this exam

vii. 50% of the cost of licenses is to be covered by the applicant, the remaining 50% is to be covered by the government of Lincoln.

i. Bump stocks and suppressors shall also be considered prohibited to operate, purchase, sell, or possess by private citizens. Magazines with more then 10 rounds of ammunition are also prohibited.
ii. Any individual that possess, uses, sells or purchases any of the above devices may face a fine not exceeding $100,000 and jail sentence not exceeding 3 years for all convictions made at a single point in time.
iii. Any individual who made a specific threat against a specific a specific citizen, business or institution in Lincoln within the last 60 days from the time they attempt to squire a firearm in Lincoln.

i. Any individual residing in Lincoln that gifts or sells a firearm to any individual that uses it to commit a violent crime may be held both civilly and criminally liable if it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt that they knew or ought to have known it was illegal for the individual to own or operate the firearm or that it would be used in a crime.

i. All visitors as defined as a non-current student or faculty to a public school in Lincoln is must have any bags searched by a staff member situated at the front door before they are allowed to enter the School.

ii. The BFSL shall have an NPC director that is appointed by the governor. The director is to handle hiring all other personnel. The governor can dissolve and reform the BFSL if deemed necessary.
iii. The BFSL is to oversee all proceedings of obtaining a firearms license and collect fines incurred from violations of gun laws.
iv. Collected fines are to be sent to a fund which is to be used to cover the government costs of licensing.

2. Current gun owners shall be given a 2 year transition period where they can be allowed to keep and use their guns without a license.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 11:49:35 PM »

proposing an amendment:

Just a very minor amendment.

SECTION I:  Reinstating the Lincoln Gun Control Act of 2018

2. Current gun owners shall be given a 2 year transition period where they can be allowed to keep and use their guns without a license. free gun.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 11:50:26 PM »

None of the councilors have objected to the last amendment and has therefore passed.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 07:44:26 AM »

I don’t think non Councilors can introduce amendments, and I think that a Councilor would have to sponsor an amendment

In the case that I am wrong, though, I offer the following amendment:

24 hours to object to the amendment
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 07:03:39 AM »

I'm in favor of Suburban's amendment
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 02:40:41 PM »

Motion for a final vote, as the objection period has passed
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 07:37:45 PM »

Councilors have 24 hours to object the motion.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 05:41:42 PM »

The objection period has elapsed and councilmembers now have 48 hours to vote.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 07:50:29 PM »

AYE!!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 11:03:31 AM »

Aye
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 07:54:53 PM »

Aye
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 08:43:56 AM »

The vote has now closed and LC 5.7 has passed.

AYE: 3 (S019, Pragmatist_TNAG, OneJ_)
NAY: 0
Abstain: 0
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 10:05:51 PM »

x. Governor Jimmy7812
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies