SENATE BILL: End to Imperialism Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:27:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: End to Imperialism Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: End to Imperialism Act (Law'd)  (Read 14751 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 08:19:23 PM »

Well, I am supportive of the compromise... but I believed Shua was getting the raw end of the deal and we were letting outdated and rigid senate rules get in the way of his rights as a senator.

I am glad we found a way to resume debate.

I will PM Shua about his input.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2011, 10:07:42 PM by Snowguy716 »

Shua's concerns, and I'm wont to echo them, is the size of the security force remaining on the ground in Afghanistan after most troops leave.

His concern is that if the force is anything but the absolute minimum we need, it could draw unwanted attention and they could become targets along with the people they are there to protect and train, thus defeating the entire purpose of having a training/security force in place in the first place.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Completely random linguistic sidenote:

The word "wont" comes from middle English "woned", which was the past participle of the verb wonen, which meant "to live".  This is very similar to the German word "wohnen", which means "to live" or "inhabit". 

Leben is the German word to live as in "I am alive" but I could never figure out if wohnen had somehow been in the english language as well.  Well, now we know it has.. and its definition has changed into "being inclined or apt" to do something.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 02:21:08 AM »

Aye
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 12:41:03 AM »

so you're not giving the President authority for a peacekeeping presence? okay.
The senate is authorizing a training force presence in Kabul.  What that training force does is up to the president and the military.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies