Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:21:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144261 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: November 29, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »

I can confidently predict that Doug Jones will lose if the electorate is 75% white on December 12th.

I will also predict he will lose if 3% of voters are age 18-34 and 52% are 65 or older.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1201 on: November 29, 2017, 01:09:05 PM »

The new conventional wisdom that Moore recovered because Democrats didn't push Al Franken out of senate (propagated even by ostensibly serious people like Matt Yglesias) is the stupidest thing I heard last month.
It reminds me of the Morning Joe panel being certain that Northam would lose because Donna Brazile's book would depress Democratic turnout.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1202 on: November 29, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »

Moore is definitely going to get a bounce in the polls from Trump.

Called it.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1203 on: November 29, 2017, 01:49:26 PM »

Moore by 6. Calling it. I have faith in the people of Alabama to do what is in their nature.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #1204 on: November 29, 2017, 01:50:34 PM »

Moore by 6. Calling it. I have faith in the people of Alabama to do what is in their nature.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1205 on: November 29, 2017, 01:50:41 PM »

6 teens?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1206 on: November 29, 2017, 01:51:31 PM »

The new conventional wisdom that Moore recovered because Democrats didn't push Al Franken out of senate (propagated even by ostensibly serious people like Matt Yglesias) is the stupidest thing I heard last month.
It reminds me of the Morning Joe panel being certain that Northam would lose because Donna Brazile's book would depress Democratic turnout.

If anything, it was Trump that gave potential wavering Alabungans "permission" to vote for Moore. I doubt Franken and Conyers had any major impact. Of course, he still would've won even without Trump's re-endorsement, but it certainly helped seal the deal.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1207 on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:30 PM »

You forgot the part were they yell Roll Tide after they're done.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1208 on: November 29, 2017, 01:55:44 PM »

Nevermind expelling a senator.  How do you expel a state?

The fact that Jones prosecuted, rather than aid, the KKK in their bombing was a liability for him in this state.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1209 on: November 29, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »

Nevermind expelling a senator.  How do you expel a state?

The fact that Jones prosecuted, rather than aid, the KKK in their bombing was a liability for him in this state.

Abraham Lincoln was wrong.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1210 on: November 29, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »

The denial is still strong with some, but seems like most are finally coming to terms with this race. People deluded themselves because of Vitter/Edwards, but Alabama cannot really be compared with Louisiana. A Democrat was never going to win there.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1211 on: November 29, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »

The denial is still strong with some, but seems like most are finally coming to terms with this race. People deluded themselves because of Vitter/Edwards, but Alabama cannot really be compared with Louisiana. A Democrat was never going to win there.
I always knew Moore was going to win. Texas, Louisiana, and South Carolina are far more winnable for Democrats than Alabama.
kyc0705

« Reply #1212 on: November 29, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »

The outcome of this race has always pointed in Moore's direction. That being said, I don't think today is December 12. And the tone of this thread is perpetually toxic "on many sides." The Oscar predictions forum I post on is less catty than this, and awards prognosticators are already roundly insane.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1213 on: November 29, 2017, 03:05:10 PM »

The outcome of this race has always pointed in Moore's direction. That being said, I don't think today is December 12. And the tone of this thread is perpetually toxic "on many sides." The Oscar predictions forum I post on is less catty than this, and awards prognosticators are already roundly insane.

Are you a member of OscarGuy's forum?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1214 on: November 29, 2017, 03:08:51 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2017, 03:10:41 PM by L.D. Smith, Aggie! It's Real Expenses Again »

To be fair with Vitter/Edwards, there was doubt for Edwards (including from yours truly) too...didn't help that Matt Bevin won just weeks before in Kentucky, which was technically more Democratic at the time.

Though it is true that Moore's campaign is eerily similar to Trump AND Matt Bevin.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1215 on: November 29, 2017, 03:12:35 PM »

To be fair with Vitter/Edwards, there was doubt for Edwards (including from yours truly) too...didn't help that Matt Bevin won just weeks before in Kentucky, which was technically more Democratic at the time.

Though it is true that Moore's campaign is eerily similar to Trump AND Matt Bevin.

FWIW, I thought Vitter would win, but that it was a toss up. I've never seen this race as anything other than safe R even for a second.
kyc0705

« Reply #1216 on: November 29, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »

Are you a member of OscarGuy's forum?

No, I was referring to Gold Derby's forums. That place is almost completely un-modded, has basically no rules, and somehow feels more endurable than this board. And you should see the throwdowns on there about whether The Post or Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is the Best Picture frontrunner Wink
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1217 on: November 29, 2017, 03:37:11 PM »

You know what y’all can do with your moral judgements of Moore voters. I just want to scream whatabouts.  I don’t have to lay them out.  Before you go into your neighbors house to insist he clean up his mess, clean up your own first.  You just cannot grasp that concept.

I expect the Senate will investigate whether Moore was lying to the voters of Alabama.  The yearbook will be the center of attention.  The question will then be whether Gloria tried to pull a fast one for publicity. If the yearbook notation is fradulant, Moore is safe.  If it is legit, he is toast.  If it is 1/2 & 1/2, it is anyone’s guess.

Thank Gloria for the current situation.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1218 on: November 29, 2017, 03:38:44 PM »

You guys still have two weeks of this, pace yourselves at least.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1219 on: November 29, 2017, 03:39:21 PM »

I still remember the sh**tstorm that happened here with the Gillespie polls. Good lord.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1220 on: November 29, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2017, 03:54:59 PM by Kamala Claus »

You know what y’all can do with your moral judgements of Moore voters. I just want to scream whatabouts.  I don’t have to lay them out.  Before you go into your neighbors house to insist he clean up his mess, clean up your own first.  You just cannot grasp that concept.

I expect the Senate will investigate whether Moore was lying to the voters of Alabama.  The yearbook will be the center of attention.  The question will then be whether Gloria tried to pull a fast one for publicity. If the yearbook notation is fradulant, Moore is safe.  If it is legit, he is toast.  If it is 1/2 & 1/2, it is anyone’s guess.

Thank Gloria for the current situation.

What does this even mean? This is a mess of a post, once again.

"Cleaning up our own mess" – what? If you're referring to Franken, nearly every D-avatar on this forum has called for his resignation, and a decent amount of Democrats did too. As for Conyers, I also believe he should resign.

Just because there are sexual harassers in the Democratic Party does not give the Republican Party or Alabama voters carte blanche to elect a pedophile.

When you yell "both sides" you don't actually make anything better. You end up justifying the status quo. Guess who loses? The women (and men) who are abused and exploited by these people in power who keep getting reelected.

Stop trying to blame a lawyer for your own hackish beliefs. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1221 on: November 29, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #1222 on: November 29, 2017, 03:45:34 PM »

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1223 on: November 29, 2017, 04:05:53 PM »

Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1224 on: November 29, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »

PC action like this

https://pjmedia.com/faith/archdiocese-washington-sues-transit-authority-rejection-christmas-ad/

cause white Christians to feel under attack and that they are a minority.  They then vote like a minority.  Huge majorities of the minority vote for the same party.  Which now means they vote for the GOP.

That is what is happening in Alabama. As blacks vote Democrat, white Christians are voting GOP
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies