The Official 3rd Presidential Debate Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:25:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official 3rd Presidential Debate Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official 3rd Presidential Debate Thread  (Read 11733 times)
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« on: October 22, 2012, 09:14:14 PM »

What do you expect from a liberal echo chamber (still waiting for that Biden bounce)

but hey, at least you guys have "intrade" or whatever the hell that is to hold on to

for the love of god, look at this objectively, this is at best for Obama...a tie.

I wonder where Intrade was when the exit polls from Florida in 2004 was 60-40 Kerry

No objectivity here. Only memes.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »

I really didn't notice an Obama victory in this debate, not even a narrow one like in the 2nd...I think it was a tie at best, and honestly a narrow Romney victory. But, again, I've been a rather poor judge of what others will think of these debates.

It was impossible to miss how out of his element Obama was tonight and how he seemed to have very little knowledge of and specific policy for, foreign policy, unless you are a hack or exist in a vegetative state.

Insert meme here.

Absolutely. A pure and simple tie.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »

Obama won on points.  It will not stop the momentum.  Romney looked reasonable.

If it just military, I'd probably vote for Obama.

I understand you are a partisan, but look at the facts on the ground here.  He won the CBS poll by a bigger margin that Romney did back on October 3rd.  When Romney won that big, it was a game changer.

Look at why it was a game changer: it significantly altered people's previously held views of Romney (which were largely a product of negative ads). now if tonight showed a fundamentally different side of either candidate that we haven't seen before, then it would be a "game changer". But as both performed relative to people's expectations (almost everyone would expect a sitting prez to be more knowledgable on fp) there is no game changing moment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies