SENATE RESOLUTION: EMERGENCY CR (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:20:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE RESOLUTION: EMERGENCY CR (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE RESOLUTION: EMERGENCY CR (Passed)  (Read 756 times)
Attorney General & Senator Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: February 24, 2019, 04:00:27 AM »

While I do not intend to urge Senators to oppose this, I do not think it reflects positively upon the body that it must adopt yet another CR. The nation was told in December, when the last CR was adopted, that the Feb. 28 date was a preventive measure and that we could very well have passed a budget long before it. Instead, we find ourselves reaching the Feb. 28 deadline without even a document on the house floor being debated. I would encourage those crafting the budget to quit caring about whether numbers are exactly-on-point or not and instead focus on producing a document as quickly as possible, even if that means making sacrifices in terms of "accuracy", which does not even really matter for a fake country like this.

All that being said, I would still urge passage of this CR, given the incompetency of the outgoing administration. However, the Senate should pass it with an understanding that this will be the last CR, and if we cannot meet the new deadline set by this CR, then we truly do deserve to have a government shutdown at that time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies