Obama plays the race card again.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:24:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama plays the race card again.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Obama plays the race card again.  (Read 6886 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2008, 07:55:38 PM »

sorry, a well-connected, sh**tty pilot

Here is an ad hoping to gain votes from racist hispanic voters:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZKxWrPQFXc

Hilariously s**tty ad but it is not racist.
It's only racist because he must think all Hispanics are stupid. I, personally, felt intellectually insulted by that ad.

Well if you think he is being racist/ignorant against hispanics then that is your opinion. But I really doubt he is trying to flame up black-latino tensions.

older, poorer, less-educated hispanics seem to have problems voting for a black man. In the primary here, hillary did nearly as well among spanish-speaking Latinos as Obama did among blacks. Obama did noticably better among English-speaking Latinos. For all the talk about the need for a black-brown alliance, it doesn't exist outside of academia.

Oh yeah there is certainly a divide between the two communities, in many cases because they compete for the same jobs and live in similar neighborhoods and have similar problems. Both sides feel the other is getting preferential treatment and it just escalates from there. But when they are choosing between the democrat and the republican, many will choose the democrat more so than 2004 because of the nativist wing of the republican party. Remember back in 2004 Bush was promising amnesty for illegals living here and was promising a comprehensive immigration plan. We all know what happened then........
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »

That's good, I do not think Obama should blame Mccain for the race-baiting that will go on.

A lot of it might NOT have gone on, but for Obama.
exactly. how dare he bring race into the election... by being black...

By inferring McCain said anything about it.

Which he did!

OMG!!! Shocking!!

I mean, come on people. Did you guys actually think sh**t like this was never going to happen? It was inevitable.

I had hopes, early on, that the campaign would transcend this.  That Obama did it is extremely disturbing from someone who claimed to be "inclusive."

You really think McCain is totally innocent in this whole affair? You really think that, don't you? Wow.

I don't care about Obama's message of Change and Inclusiveness, really. I said it before, I support him, frankly, because I agree with him on my key positions more than McCain. It's that simple...

I think Obama has been using the same tactic since SC and has finally been called on it.  This isn't the Obama of IA or NH.

Please, people have been charging Obama for injecting race for some time now. This isn't something new.

Plus, you're avoiding my initial question. (It wasn't rhetorical...although you're making it seem that way, it seems.)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »

sorry, a well-connected, sh**tty pilot

Here is an ad hoping to gain votes from racist hispanic voters:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZKxWrPQFXc

Hilariously s**tty ad but it is not racist.
It's only racist because he must think all Hispanics are stupid. I, personally, felt intellectually insulted by that ad.

Well if you think he is being racist/ignorant against hispanics then that is your opinion. But I really doubt he is trying to flame up black-latino tensions.

older, poorer, less-educated hispanics seem to have problems voting for a black man. In the primary here, hillary did nearly as well among spanish-speaking Latinos as Obama did among blacks. Obama did noticably better among English-speaking Latinos. For all the talk about the need for a black-brown alliance, it doesn't exist outside of academia.

Oh yeah there is certainly a divide between the two communities, in many cases because they compete for the same jobs and live in similar neighborhoods and have similar problems. Both sides feel the other is getting preferential treatment and it just escalates from there. But when they are choosing between the democrat and the republican, many will choose the democrat more so than 2004 because of the nativist wing of the republican party. Remember back in 2004 Bush was promising amnesty for illegals living here and was promising a comprehensive immigration plan. We all know what happened then........

In Gallup's latest aggregate tracking, Obama is leading McCain 68% to 20% among Hispanics (21 - 27 June)

http://www.gallup.com/poll/108040/Candidate-Support-Race.aspx

It's tightened, overall, between Obama and McLowRoadExpress since then however

Dave
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2008, 10:14:33 AM »

That's good, I do not think Obama should blame Mccain for the race-baiting that will go on.

A lot of it might NOT have gone on, but for Obama.
exactly. how dare he bring race into the election... by being black...

By inferring McCain said anything about it.

Which he did!

OMG!!! Shocking!!

I mean, come on people. Did you guys actually think sh**t like this was never going to happen? It was inevitable.

I had hopes, early on, that the campaign would transcend this.  That Obama did it is extremely disturbing from someone who claimed to be "inclusive."

You really think McCain is totally innocent in this whole affair? You really think that, don't you? Wow.

I don't care about Obama's message of Change and Inclusiveness, really. I said it before, I support him, frankly, because I agree with him on my key positions more than McCain. It's that simple...

I think Obama has been using the same tactic since SC and has finally been called on it.  This isn't the Obama of IA or NH.

Please, people have been charging Obama for injecting race for some time now. This isn't something new.

Plus, you're avoiding my initial question. (It wasn't rhetorical...although you're making it seem that way, it seems.)

Until now, no one, that I know of, made that charge that he was, against McCain.  There was a question if he was against the Clintons (primarily Bill).

No, I did not think it was inevitable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies