What is Gary Johnson's best path to the nominaton? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:40:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What is Gary Johnson's best path to the nominaton? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is Gary Johnson's best path to the nominaton?  (Read 5333 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: December 30, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »

I can't comment about what states would constitute Johnson's best path.  But I think his only shot at serious consideration would be to do the following...

1.  Emphasize his record as Governor of New Mexico.
2.  Present himself as the lone moderate in a field of Christo-Fascists.

Even so, I can't see him winning the nomination or even finishing in the top five.  Former governors long removed from their executive posts tend not to fare well.  Gilmore and Tommy Thompson were utter jokes. Keating read the tea leaves and decided not to even try.  Ditto, Terry Branstad.

I just can't see it. 

Of course, we have to remember that not everyone who runs for a party's nomination is thinking solely about winning.  Lesser candidates can be angling for VP nominations or cabinet posts.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:51:30 PM »

he has no chance. i would vote for him if he did. really, the political climate of the day is saddening.
Yeah, but things could change over the next few years to the point where people start demanding real change after 12 years of BushBama.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Smiley

thank you.

well bush and obama are pretty much the same. what happened to withdrawing the troops? adding more? that isn't change that i believed in (or didn't believe in).

the corporate internationalists have long passed their expiration date, yet they won't go away.

The sad thing is, there are still people who believe there was and is a difference between corporate puppets Bush and Obama.

The sad thing is...I am slowly starting to see your point.  <sigh>   I voted for a liberal.  I got Reagan's 8th term.  So far, anyway...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies