Act to Address Collapse of Republican Government in the Pacific [...] (PASSED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:46:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Act to Address Collapse of Republican Government in the Pacific [...] (PASSED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Act to Address Collapse of Republican Government in the Pacific [...] (PASSED)  (Read 1562 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: February 04, 2016, 07:17:13 PM »

I support this measure.

I cannot say that I am surprised about this turn of events. It was easily predictable for a variety of reasons, but regardless it is now our priority to see to it that some semblance of order is restored.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 10:47:04 PM »

Empowering someone to administer an election is hardly a takeover.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 02:22:10 AM »

I agree with Dereich on the removal of officeholders, a clause, which I didn't notice before.

As for the fears that the Emergency Commissioner will become a quasi-dictator, I would remind the Senator that he will retain the power to act as chief executive for a week at most, by which point the new governor and council must have been elected.

Suppose they weren't elected in that timeframe, due to the posited malfeasance on the part of the Emergency Commissioner. What happens then?
Then the president dismisses the Emergency Commissioner, as described in clause iii.

And what if the President desires such potential malfeasance?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:44:02 PM »

If such were openly declared, perhaps. But what if the intructions were made in private and we have a situation where the President remains silent, the commissioner continues on and we end up in a situation like we had with bore last summer. I doubt their is enough Trump sized testicular matter in this chamber to threaten impeachment and actually mean it with such a situation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 02:23:39 AM »

AYE FTR
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies