Australian Election 2004 Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:18:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australian Election 2004 Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Election 2004 Results Thread  (Read 13906 times)
Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« on: October 08, 2004, 05:30:56 PM »

I know there was another thread, but it was already really long and now that election day is upon us I thought a new one was needed for seat by seat results and such.

Voting is already underway in the eastern states.

The ACNielsen poll has the coalition leading Labor 54 per cent to 46 per cent on a two-party preferred basis. The poll shows the coalition's primary vote at 49 per cent, compared with Labor's 37 per cent, while The Greens - which is directing most of its preferences to Labor - won 7 per cent of support.

But the Newspoll, published in The Weekend Australian newspaper, shows Labor and the coalition split 50-50 on a two-party preferred basis.
Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 07:19:31 PM »

also of note is that the Newspoll shows a 15% undecided vote, which is truly amazing. (Baggy-I won't bag you in this hread, promise Wink did you see the great Melburnian in action in india? 150 ain't bad from leftist Victorian scum Cheesy)

I still can't get over how many undecideds there are. We'll see how it all turns out though.

Yeah, we are beating India pretty bad. They have really gone downhill since the last World Cup.

I don't think leftists or Victorians are scum. I am, after all, a member of the ALP, and from Victoria.

Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 08:40:57 AM »

Great election! The ALP did worse than most expected. Even though my seat wasn't even close to being up for grabs, it was still an interesting race around here. I like Latham, so I kind of feel bad for the guy, especially since he was so far ahead in the polling earlier this year. I'm still happy with the Liberal win.
Baggy Green
Spin Doctor
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 08:35:21 AM »

Hughento, what happened to your beloved Democrats? They had a rather bad meltdown, eh?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies