GA: Landmark: Nunn +7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:14:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  GA: Landmark: Nunn +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA: Landmark: Nunn +7  (Read 2405 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 23, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »

Julio thinks Dems around here don't disregard polls more frequently than Republicans? Bwahaha.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »

An example: saying "Sarkozy will win reelection" and "I think/hope Sarkozy will win this" is not the same thing, and neither is "Bronwback may/is very likely to win" and "No way Brownback loses" Wink.

Oh, really? Thanks for the English lesson!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, I love my haters. They need the love. But I must say that the mocking over that prediction (which really wasn't far off especially when you consider how badly Sarkozy was down early on) is just silly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 12:44:58 PM »

An example: saying "Sarkozy will win reelection" and "I think/hope Sarkozy will win this" is not the same thing, and neither is "Bronwback may/is very likely to win" and "No way Brownback loses" Wink.

Oh, really? Thanks for the English lesson!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, I love my haters. They need the love. But I must say that the mocking over that prediction (which really wasn't far off especially when you consider how badly Sarkozy was down early on) is just silly.

You said he'd win, and he lost. I'll give you another English lesson: if you had said "I think Sarkozy can win" or "the race will be close, so don't write Sarko off" nobody would be mocking your prediction now.

And thinking I hate you is just silly.

Oh wow! I said someone would win and they lost? Oh no. Bet that has never happened to anyone else here!

The point is that we don't make fun of people for getting predictions wrong because literally every person here makes several wrong predictions each year. You make fun of really bad predictions and given how close that race turned out, it makes no sense to mock my Sarkozy victory prediction.

By the way, saying "I think Sarkozy will win" isn't a prediction. "Don't write him off" isn't a prediction. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »

Ok, so I'm parodied when I'm wrong...but not when they're just incorrect predictions? Yeah...got it...

(I've made several other incorrect predictions without the "arrogance" of my Sarkozy prediction and they've been mocked. And you might think they're justifiably mocked but spare me the "You aren't mocked for making bad predictions" nonsense.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:02:55 AM »

Ok, so I'm parodied when I'm wrong...but not when they're just incorrect predictions? Yeah...got it...

(I've made several other incorrect predictions without the "arrogance" of my Sarkozy prediction and they've been mocked. And you might think they're justifiably mocked but spare me the "You aren't mocked for making bad predictions" nonsense.)

I only see your predictions about Sarko and Santorum mocked, and everyone here would mock a democrat saying that Blanche Lincoln was closing the gap in 2010, so the Santorum one is not because we have anything against you, it's just because it was hilarious, the same way the PA State House special election was, but you don't have to take it too seriously (I also thought my party would win in my town in 2011 and we got 19% of the vote -and I don't get angry when people make me remind my absurd prediction back then, but I understand it can get annoying sometimes-). The Sarko one was definitely because you looked a bit arrogant, yes.

Talking about this poll, was it taken before or after Zell Miller endorsed Nunn? Not that I think that'd change the votes of so many people that suddenly the seat leans dem. now, but maybe it shifted the momentum towards the Nunn campaign again...

Julio, I really don't care if a bunch of people from the Internets have something against me. It's just annoying that the wrong predictions are constantly harped on.  It derails conversation...just like it did here. Discuss the merits of what I say, not "HEY PHIL SANTORUM WON RITE?!?"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies