Why isn't Hollywood turning against Harvey Weinstein? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why isn't Hollywood turning against Harvey Weinstein? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why isn't Hollywood turning against Harvey Weinstein?  (Read 5026 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: October 07, 2017, 03:17:52 AM »

Why do you say Hollywood hasn't?  He's taken a leave of absence from Weinstein Corporation who are also investigating him (I'm not sure why they need to) and I've read a number of tweets from actresses who say they were harassed/abused by him, and those tweets received positive/sympathetic comments from some other actors and actresses. I don't know what more you want or expect.

The more significant question is how did Weinstein get away with this behavior for so long, and that includes how did the likes of Bill Cosby and Donald Trump get away with it?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »

https://twitter.com/maggieserota/status/916695100704600064
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 05:13:32 AM »

Could somebody please post a link to an article or something that validates the premise of the question in the subject.  And preferably not from some right wing website that is using this incident to claim that either Hollywood or liberals are being hypocrites over this.

From what I've read and seen, a good number of people in Hollywood have spoken out against Harvey Weinstein.  And, as I previously wrote, he's taken a leave of absence from Weinstein Corp and several directors of the company (not film directors) have been removed from the board.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:04:57 AM »

Now that Harvey Weinstein has been fired will the Republicans who commented here call on Donald Trump to resign or be impeached?

With Weinstein, the story broke on Thursday, and by Sunday he was fired.  I'm disappointed that certain outfits like Saturday Night Live apparently wouldn't criticize him, but compare that swift reaction to how long it took, and how much work it took to get the psychopath Bill O'Reilly fired, let alone the continuing defense for Donald Trump from nearly all Republican Congresspeople and voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies