Kristi Noem fondly recalls the day she killed her dog
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:01:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem fondly recalls the day she killed her dog
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: Kristi Noem fondly recalls the day she killed her dog  (Read 4426 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2024, 02:06:30 PM »

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2024, 07:23:08 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2024, 07:29:55 PM by Schiff for Senate »

JaRed Moskowitz ("D"-FL) decides to be racist filth. Time to get this pro-tax cheat Republican entryist out.

Moskowitz seems to be one of the few members of Congress with a decent, if out-of-pocket, sense of humor. Quit the virtue signaling; it's just a joke (even if a tongue-in-cheek one) and it's not nearly as big an outrage as you're making it out to be.

There are certainly a bunch who are. We mentioned one on the right and you doubted it. There's a difference between a well-thought out, crass joke and DAE LE ASIAN DOG EATER XD.

Stop pretending to care because we're criticizing a centrist and get over yourself. It's amazing how years after you still haven't learned not to be condescending to people when you don't have the high ground.

I'm not the one that cares about this comment; you're the one that's blowing it way out of proportion. Idk why you're so bent on claiming moral outrage when you, at least, have nothing to be offended over. If it was an actual, idk, Asian person who was offended, and was criticizing these comments, then that would hold far more merit than a white virtue-signaler who's airing his general grievances against a politician he doesn't like.

Like seriously, sure it wasn't in the best taste, and maybe it was just a cheap and overused trope, but it's really not that deep (especially not for someone like yourself who has absolutely nothing to feel so offended about). Bffr. You're saying this should cost him his seat and that he's not a real Democrat? Because of one bad joke? Let's not pretend that this is about the comment at all. It has nothing to do with the comment and everything to do with the fact that you have a phobia for any Democratic politician who is to your right.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2024, 07:26:34 PM »

Especially damning given that Varney is (of course) a pretty conservative guy and usually gives far-rightists a wide berth (e.g. allowing Gohmert to parrot the Soros conspiracy theory on his show). For her to react in this way in what should be a friendly atmosphere goes to show how fragile she is right about now.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2024, 07:38:15 PM »

Two weeks ago, she was arguably the frontrunner for the next Vice President of the United States.

Now, all anyone will remember of her is that she's a dog murderer.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2024, 09:23:19 PM »

Two weeks ago, she was arguably the frontrunner for the next Vice President of the United States.

Watch he still picks her.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2024, 09:36:29 PM »

Noem's VP chances didn't have much more life than her dog
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2024, 09:53:57 PM »

Honestly, you’ve gotta think he’d respect her commitment to quadrupling down in the face of a gaffe.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2024, 09:58:33 PM »

Honestly, you’ve gotta think he’d respect her commitment to quadrupling down in the face of a gaffe.

And he lives in a bubble and isn't the most intelligent guy. She could easily manipulate him into thinking that she's in the same boat of persecution he is, that she adores him, etc, create a sense of comradery. Plus, let's be real, knowing him he probably thinks if she's VP he'll get to bang her at some point.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2024, 11:17:47 PM »

Any dog death should be fondly recalled. Less barking, less poop on the sidewalk, less leg humping, don't see the downside here.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2024, 11:18:53 PM »

Any dog death should be fondly recalled. Less barking, less poop on the sidewalk, less leg humping, don't see the downside here.

HP.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2024, 11:27:02 PM »

HP.

I'm fighting for the freedom to not step in poop or be barked at. Literal FF.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2024, 12:54:27 AM »

LMAO.
Smiley
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2024, 02:21:11 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2024, 12:21:41 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I honestly think she is still in the running until the dog days of summer when he finally reveals his running mate. Trump hates animals more than he hates stairs.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2024, 08:43:59 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2024, 02:38:58 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Here is the interview on Face The Nation with Noem.
Noem is quoted in her book as saying she "met with North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un," and describing him as a "little tyrant."

Yet, in this interview, she says she is glad this "was brought to my intention," and has "made some changes."  What the Hell does that mean?
How can you say and be quoted that you met Kim Jong Un, and then say it needs to be changed in your own book. She was already quoted as saying this.

All very bizarre, but I think she must be a related cousin to George Santos. Telling extravagant, wild stories of meeting powerful world leaders. They are both liars, who will say anything to try to elevate themselves, into something they are not.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2024, 09:38:47 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2024, 09:57:02 AM by Morning in Atlas »

JaRed Moskowitz ("D"-FL) decides to be racist filth. Time to get this pro-tax cheat Republican entryist out.

Moskowitz seems to be one of the few members of Congress with a decent, if out-of-pocket, sense of humor. Quit the virtue signaling; it's just a joke (even if a tongue-in-cheek one) and it's not nearly as big an outrage as you're making it out to be.

There are certainly a bunch who are. We mentioned one on the right and you doubted it. There's a difference between a well-thought out, crass joke and DAE LE ASIAN DOG EATER XD.

Stop pretending to care because we're criticizing a centrist and get over yourself. It's amazing how years after you still haven't learned not to be condescending to people when you don't have the high ground.

I'm not the one that cares about this comment; you're the one that's blowing it way out of proportion. Idk why you're so bent on claiming moral outrage when you, at least, have nothing to be offended over. If it was an actual, idk, Asian person who was offended, and was criticizing these comments, then that would hold far more merit than a white virtue-signaler who's airing his general grievances against a politician he doesn't like.

Like seriously, sure it wasn't in the best taste, and maybe it was just a cheap and overused trope, but it's really not that deep (especially not for someone like yourself who has absolutely nothing to feel so offended about). Bffr. You're saying this should cost him his seat and that he's not a real Democrat? Because of one bad joke? Let's not pretend that this is about the comment at all. It has nothing to do with the comment and everything to do with the fact that you have a phobia for any Democratic politician who is to your right.

>blowing it out of proportion, triggered and "virtue signaling" about how pro-asian you are
>playing it up, using it as bait because he acts like a republican

Pick one. This response (and your failure to address my counter) only proves my point - you are incoherently angry because I dared to criticize someone on your end of the tent. I cannot imagine malding this hard over a Congressman from across the country.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2024, 01:06:57 PM »

Trump: Noem has had ‘a rough couple of days’

Former President Trump said Tuesday that South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) has had “a rough couple of days” after she has been grilled over anecdotes in her new book, including one about killing her dog several years ago.

Trump sat for an interview with Spectrum News 1 Wisconsin on Tuesday ahead of his court appearance in a hush money trial in New York City. The former president was asked about his looming choice of running mate, including Noem.

Trump said he likes Noem “a lot” and she is “somebody that has been supportive of me from the beginning,” but he declined to weigh in further.

“I don’t want to comment on anybody on the list,” Trump said. “But she had a rough couple of days, I will say that.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4648916-donald-trump-kristi-noem-has-had-rough-couple-days
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2024, 01:12:52 PM »

Trump: Noem has had ‘a rough couple of days’

Former President Trump said Tuesday that South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) has had “a rough couple of days” after she has been grilled over anecdotes in her new book, including one about killing her dog several years ago.

Trump sat for an interview with Spectrum News 1 Wisconsin on Tuesday ahead of his court appearance in a hush money trial in New York City. The former president was asked about his looming choice of running mate, including Noem.

Trump said he likes Noem “a lot” and she is “somebody that has been supportive of me from the beginning,” but he declined to weigh in further.

“I don’t want to comment on anybody on the list,” Trump said. “But she had a rough couple of days, I will say that.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4648916-donald-trump-kristi-noem-has-had-rough-couple-days

He sounds kind of sympathetic to her.

God, I hope he picks her!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2024, 01:18:45 PM »

Yeah my take is that he thinks it's something ephemeral that she could get past.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2024, 06:48:40 PM »

>blowing it out of proportion, triggered and "virtue signaling" about how pro-asian you are
>playing it up, using it as bait because he acts like a republican

Pick one. This response (and your failure to address my counter) only proves my point - you are incoherently angry because I dared to criticize someone on your end of the tent. I cannot imagine malding this hard over a Congressman from across the country.

Criticize him on substance, sure. I'm not sure if you read the part where I clarified I'm no strong supporter of him myself (of course, whether you choose to believe that is up to you), and if you were to criticize his stance on, idk, Israel or something, we'd actually be on the same page (and even if we weren't, I'd still at least respect your pov). But you're using this nothingburger as a cheap attack and reaching the conclusion that...he deserves to be kicked out of the party/Congress? Get over yourself. That sort of leap of logic is ridiculous no matter who it's targeted against (even if it's the neoliberals you love to hate).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2024, 09:59:10 AM »

From the internet, for what it is worth:

Before President Trump, President McKinley (who died after an assassination attempt in 1901) was the last president who did not have a dog, although he had other pets.

Some earlier presidents also had other pets (like birds), but not dogs. John Quincy Adams (whose wife raised silkworms) and James K. Polk did not did not have pets.
600 viewsView upvotes
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2024, 10:11:53 AM »

I know McKinley had a parrot, because I portrayed him in our 2nd grade president's parade.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2024, 10:44:02 AM »

If this indeed removes Noem from VP consideration, then I’m relieved (but you can never be certain, I think there still is a non-negligible chance Trump picks my governor to be his running mate.) The potential for a Trump victory return to the White House is horrifying enough. His VP selection doesn’t seem all that important in comparison. Progressives need to focus like a laser on keeping the raging tangerine man out of the White House. Still, I’d prefer Trump’s VP not be too close to home…not sure that even makes sense, she’s physically closer to home as Governor, with more immediate impact on day-to-day life in that position than she’d ever have as Trump’s VP…maybe there’d be perks to having Kristi kicked upstairs…
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2024, 10:55:24 AM »

If this indeed removes Noem from VP consideration, then I’m relieved (but you can never be certain, I think there still is a non-negligible chance Trump picks my governor to be his running mate.) The potential for a Trump victory return to the White House is horrifying enough. His VP selection doesn’t seem all that important in comparison. Progressives need to focus like a laser on keeping the raging tangerine man out of the White House. Still, I’d prefer Trump’s VP not be too close to home…not sure that even makes sense, she’s physically closer to home as Governor, with more immediate impact on day-to-day life in that position than she’d ever have as Trump’s VP…maybe there’d be perks to having Kristi kicked upstairs…

But if Trump is elected, you'll repudiate all attempts to challenge his election.  Right?

While I cannot speak for TDAS04, I feel obligated to point out that Donald Trump is constitutionally ineligible for the office of President of the United States (in ways that he was not when formally taking office in 2017). He is barred by the 14th Amendment, and he cannot take the Presidential Oath of Office in good faith.

If he is elected in a free and fair election in accordance with the laws of the United States, then the Vice-President elect ought to take office in January 2025. Assigning the office of President to Donald Trump would be a fraud, a rejection of the letter and spirit of the Constitution while pretending it remains in force.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2024, 11:01:19 AM »

But if Trump is elected, you'll repudiate all attempts to challenge his election.  Right?

While I cannot speak for TDAS04, I feel obligated to point out that Donald Trump is constitutionally ineligible for the office of President of the United States (in ways that he was not when formally taking office in 2017). He is barred by the 14th Amendment, and he cannot take the Presidential Oath of Office in good faith.

If he is elected in a free and fair election in accordance with the laws of the United States, then the Vice-President elect ought to take office in January 2025. Assigning the office of President to Donald Trump would be a fraud, a rejection of the letter and spirit of the Constitution while pretending it remains in force.

I had deleted that post not wanting to take this thread in this direction.

It's amazing how many people seem to comment on posts that I quickly self-delete after I post them, then have second thoughts.  I don't mind asking the question, but I concluded that, no, I don't want to here the sorry complaints of "derailing" from the usual suspects (even if doing so actually elevated the discussion, given the quality of the thread topic).  I'm not responding to your post one way or the other.  But I find this amazing; I deleted the post about two (2) minutes from posting it.  There is no on on this site whose posting activity merits a message noting that they posted for me to respond to.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2024, 02:07:56 PM »

I had deleted that post not wanting to take this thread in this direction.

It's amazing how many people seem to comment on posts that I quickly self-delete after I post them, then have second thoughts.  I don't mind asking the question, but I concluded that, no, I don't want to here the sorry complaints of "derailing" from the usual suspects (even if doing so actually elevated the discussion, given the quality of the thread topic).  I'm not responding to your post one way or the other.  But I find this amazing; I deleted the post about two (2) minutes from posting it.  There is no on on this site whose posting activity merits a message noting that they posted for me to respond to.

(Bold is mine.)

Thank you once again Fuzzy, for such an exemplary example of a Republican post. Brightened my day right up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies