Germany: several kids born without hands at the same hospital in a few months
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:28:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Germany: several kids born without hands at the same hospital in a few months
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Germany: several kids born without hands at the same hospital in a few months  (Read 570 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2019, 11:47:11 AM »

The hospital said there were no "ethnic, cultural or social similarities" between the affected families that could explain the deformities, and it noted that all lived within the local area.

Liggett-Igelmund told CNN that she learned about the cases in Gelsenkirchen when talking to fellow midwives on online midwifery forums.

She said that while deformities such as these "do occur," they are typically "so rare," and seeing three similar deformities in the space of a few months was "too much."

"To me, it sounded like something much bigger," she said. "One midwife came across one case in her whole career. Three in three months is not normal."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/16/health/hand-deformities-babies-gelsenkirchen-germany-intl-scli-grm/index.html

The same thing happened in France last year, but at a much larger scale.

Not to mention the thousands of cases in Argentina, where Monsanto and others use their Glyphosate pesticides to spray the fields next to pregnant women ...

Big agro and chemical companies are committing crimes against humanity !
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 12:57:02 AM »

"It was only a couple of flipper babies!"
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:25:29 AM »

The hospital said there were no "ethnic, cultural or social similarities" between the affected families that could explain the deformities, and it noted that all lived within the local area.

Liggett-Igelmund told CNN that she learned about the cases in Gelsenkirchen when talking to fellow midwives on online midwifery forums.

She said that while deformities such as these "do occur," they are typically "so rare," and seeing three similar deformities in the space of a few months was "too much."

"To me, it sounded like something much bigger," she said. "One midwife came across one case in her whole career. Three in three months is not normal."

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/16/health/hand-deformities-babies-gelsenkirchen-germany-intl-scli-grm/index.html

The same thing happened in France last year, but at a much larger scale.

Not to mention the thousands of cases in Argentina, where Monsanto and others use their Glyphosate pesticides to spray the fields next to pregnant women ...

Big agro and chemical companies are committing crimes against humanity !
Americans use glyphosate at higher rates and for longer, yet we aren't birthing an odd number of babies without hands.  To be fair, neither you nor the article has really domonstrated that Europe is either.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »

When my late grandma was in the hospital in the late 2008, she meet a woman who gave birth to a child without a head twice. I can't possibly come close to imagine how morbid it was.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 11:16:55 AM »

When my late grandma was in the hospital in the late 2008, she meet a woman who gave birth to a child without a head twice. I can't possibly come close to imagine how morbid it was.
That is rough...luckily the kids didn’t mind.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 12:21:10 PM »

That is rough...luckily the kids didn’t mind.

I'm ashamed at my reaction to this post.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 10:45:11 PM »

can't you just give them robot arms or something?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies