Obama vs DeMint 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:52:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama vs DeMint 2012
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Obama vs DeMint 2012  (Read 4507 times)
the artist formerly known as catmusic
catmusic
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 12:22:16 AM »

that looks right.
DemocratsVictory2008
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »

I think Arizona would have the biggest swing, going from a 9 point McCain win to a 9-14 point Obama win. The home state factor is about 5-7% according to most data and that would have given Obama about 51-52% in Arizona had mccain not been from there. That puts it well in line with the states surrounding it. AZ is the most conservative of CO, NM, NV, AZ but not by that much as seen in 2000,2004.  The demographics there suggest Democratic gains, just look at the congressional elections the past two cycles.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2009, 12:46:55 AM by SayNoToRomney »

Currently I would say Obama wins what he won in 2008 plus AZ, MO and MT.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 09:44:46 AM »

Jew con...

No he wouldn't win today because people are scared to vote against obama for fear of being labelled as raceists.  That's how he won the last one.  But after four yearsw of one fail after another?  We'll be ready for REAL change.

And if Republicans are smart enough to put up a reaganstyle conservatve instead of a liberal or moderate they will COAST to victory

Carter -- Mondale -- Dukaka -- obama   
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 10:09:06 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2009, 10:13:20 AM by MagneticFree »

I think that if government spending and size of government are the main issues, he would do much better than many here expect, perhaps even be victorious.
Seriously? Where do you live at in Colorado anyways? When I was visiting there, Denver and its surroundings seemed like the perfect place to vote against Demint. It was just pretty standard suburbia around the city, and the city itself seems pretty normal as well. Considering that this plus, Pueblo, Boulder and ski country makes Obama have a lock on CO against Deminst.
Since you said that, I'll give my two cents to this comment.

Obama may had a lock on Colorado in 2008, Boulder and the ski county is nice.  But you have to think, there are quite a few hippies in Boulder and they need to take a shower.  It's obvious when I went through there.  You can see them walking around in dirty clothes, not looking for a job and such, pretty typical if you ask me. 

Not all suburbs of Denver are Democrat.  Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Parker, Fredrick and Dacono are a few outer ring suburbs are that nice and are moderately Republican.  I find your statement somewhat biased.  I just think that the closer to the city core, the more liberal they get, that and too many Californians moving in ruin it.

The problem with Denver is they're tying to appeal to the rich and the poor. There is no middle ground for middle class and some parts are beginning to looking like third world country.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

I think that if government spending and size of government are the main issues, he would do much better than many here expect, perhaps even be victorious.
Seriously? Where do you live at in Colorado anyways? When I was visiting there, Denver and its surroundings seemed like the perfect place to vote against Demint. It was just pretty standard suburbia around the city, and the city itself seems pretty normal as well. Considering that this plus, Pueblo, Boulder and ski country makes Obama have a lock on CO against Deminst.

Obama may had a lock on Colorado in 2008, Boulder and the ski county is nice.  But you have to think, there are quite a few hippies in Boulder and they need to take a shower.  It's obvious when I went through there.  You can see them walking around in dirty clothes, not looking for a job and such, pretty typical if you ask me. 

Not all suburbs of Denver are Democrat.  Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, Parker, Fredrick and Dacono are a few outer ring suburbs are that nice and are moderately Republican.  I find your statement somewhat biased.  I just think that the closer to the city core, the more liberal they get, that and too many Californians moving in ruin it.

The problem with Denver is they're tying to appeal to the rich and the poor. There is no middle ground for middle class and some parts are beginning to looking like third world country.

What has changed CO from GOP to Dem, is some of those outer ring suburbs while still being Republican aren't as GOP as they once were and the closer in suburbs especially Jefferson and Araphoe have gone from GOP to Dem.  For the GOP to have any chance in the state they need to get back a hold in these areas and that doesn't have a chance in hell of happening with someone like Demint.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »

I don't see any of this disproving what I said.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »
« Edited: July 03, 2009, 02:36:37 PM by MagneticFree »

What has changed CO from GOP to Dem, is some of those outer ring suburbs while still being Republican aren't as GOP as they once were and the closer in suburbs especially Jefferson and Araphoe have gone from GOP to Dem.  For the GOP to have any chance in the state they need to get back a hold in these areas and that doesn't have a chance in hell of happening with someone like Demint.
And the reason why that's happening is people like you from New York, very liberal state moving to Colorado, along with a majority of Californians, moving here and bringing their politics along with them and messing it up. My apologizes if I'm sounding harsh, but it's true.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »

NO TRANSPLANTS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 03:05:51 PM »

Jew con...

No he wouldn't win today because people are scared to vote against obama (sic!) for fear of being labelled as raceists (sic!).  That's how he won the last one.  But after four years of one fail after another?  We'll be ready for REAL change.

Obama won election in part by showing some of the salient features of Ronald Reagan as a candidate: optimism, decisiveness, and clarity of language. He didn't have the same ideology, but after eight years of continuous failure that adopted the vices of American conservatism without the virtues, we were ready for the candidate most dissimilar to George W. Bush. Barack Obama may be setting up a new America in which people actually have a stake in thrift, deferred gratification, enterprise, and sound money.

Racial guilt? Obama did least well in some places in which white people have most cause to feel guilty about race relations 45 or more years ago. Ed Brooke, Tom Bradley, and Douglas Wilder demonstrate that white people can vote for a black man for high office when race is the least significant of concerns.  

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Eighteen States and the District of Columbia haven't voted for any GOP nominee since GHWB. In 2004 and 2008 such States and DC accounted for 248 electoral votes. Even if those states are likely to lose on the whole eight electoral votes, the GOP faces 90% of a loss before the election begins. Perhaps that is because the GOP, after selling out moderate voters to get maximal support from plutocrats, gun fetishists, and the Religious Right, can't get moderate votes anymore. Moderates, and not the Party bases, decide who wins Presidential  elections.

Ronald Reagan won in 1980 by convincing moderates that a conservative ideology that respects Big Business and traditional values might be a good alternative to stagflation and the decay of norms that seemed under fire. Barack Obama won in 2008 by convincing moderates that Big Government is the only means of recovering what rapacious plutocrats and despotic executives were taking at will. Many liberals thought that Reagan was so far to the right that someone like Walter Mondale would have a sure election in 1984 after people got sick of Ronald Reagan.

Hint: It will take a very strong Republican candidate to defeat a President who exudes the political techniques if not the agenda of Ronald Reagan.

Carter -- Mondale -- Dukaka (sic!!!) -- obama  (sic!)  

I am surprised that you didn't mention George McGovern!

It is far too early to associate any potential GOP nominee with Landon or Goldwater. Your GOP is going to have to pick up moderate voters to elect the next GOP President.
DemocratsVictory2008
Rookie
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 12:46:48 AM »

I think DeMint would be loved by rural southern whites but suburban women out west would be scared just a bit lol.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 01:31:18 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2009, 11:02:01 AM by Aizen »

Bashing Boulder? That's no way to talk about the smartest city in America!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8218390

I thought you were going to move to Texas.

What?
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 09:02:46 AM »
« Edited: July 04, 2009, 09:06:18 AM by MagneticFree »

Bashing Boulder? That's no way to talk about the smartest city in America!

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_8218390

I thought you were going to move to Texas.

quote]The problem with Denver is they're tying to appeal to the rich and the poor. There is no middle ground for middle class and some parts are beginning to looking like third world country.

What?
[/quote]
If they were the smartest city in America, then they would be smart enough to take a simple shower, WITH soap. Still doesn't matter, party affiliation has nothing to do with intelligence.  There are smart people in both parties, you have to look for them.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 10:27:14 AM »

1988 style victory for the Republican except for new england.  what the DemocRAT posters here dont realise is that if obama screws up at even one tenth of the rate he is currently effing things up the country will be in such a mess that voters will FLOCK to the polls to return American to reagan values.

Demint is a truely great american, and a man with a plan.
Jew con...

No he wouldn't win today because people are scared to vote against obama for fear of being labelled as raceists.  That's how he won the last one.  But after four yearsw of one fail after another?  We'll be ready for REAL change.

And if Republicans are smart enough to put up a reaganstyle conservatve instead of a liberal or moderate they will COAST to victory

I am convinced you're on drugs.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 12:00:21 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2009, 12:02:45 PM by Midwest Lt. Governor Vepres »

Lol, we must've went to different Boulders. I live in Boulder county, so I go to Boulder itself a lot. From what I've seen, it's mostly a well educated, nice city. Not to mention pretty recession proof relative to the rest of the country.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 11:55:15 PM »

1988 style victory for the Republican except for new england.  what the DemocRAT posters here dont realise is that if obama screws up at even one tenth of the rate he is currently effing things up the country will be in such a mess that voters will FLOCK to the polls to return American to reagan values.

Jew con...

lol well thats what all the liberals here say because they have no intellegence to back up thier arguements.

But whats more annoying about liberals and the democRATs here is that they think obama is so perfect and indefeatable.  He cant possibly lose...he is the messiah!  He is change!!!!  Please...I saw a great bumper sticker today

I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, MY MONEY AND MY FREEDOM, AND YOU CAN KEEP YOU "CHANGE"

LOLOLOL  totally pwned.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2009, 12:11:42 AM »

Jew con...

lol well thats what all the liberals here say because they have no intellegence to back up thier arguements.

But whats more annoying about liberals and the democRATs here is that they think obama is so perfect and indefeatable.  He cant possibly lose...he is the messiah!  He is change!!!!  Please...I saw a great bumper sticker today

I'LL KEEP MY GUNS, MY MONEY AND MY FREEDOM, AND YOU CAN KEEP YOU "CHANGE"

LOLOLOL  totally pwned.

LOLOLOL
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies