Obama vs DeMint 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:31:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama vs DeMint 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Obama vs DeMint 2012  (Read 4529 times)
DemocratsVictory2008
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:04:02 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/TOOLS/genusmap.php?year=2008&ev_c=1&pv_p=1&ev_p=1&type=calc&AL=2;9;6&AK=1;3;5&AZ=1;10;5&AR=2;6;5&CA=1;55;6&CO=1;9;5&CT=1;7;6&DE=1;3;6&DC=1;3;9&FL=1;27;5&GA=1;15;5&HI=1;4;7&ID=2;4;6&IL=1;21;6&IN=1;11;4&IA=1;7;5&KS=1;6;5&KY=2;8;5&LA=2;9;5&MD=1;10;6&MA=1;12;6&MI=1;17;6&MN=1;10;6&MS=2;6;5&MO=1;11;5&MT=1;3;5&NV=1;5;6&NH=1;4;6&NJ=1;15;6&NM=1;5;6&NY=1;31;7&NC=1;15;5&ND=1;3;5&OH=1;20;5&OK=2;7;6&OR=1;7;6&PA=1;21;5&RI=1;4;6&SC=2;8;5&SD=1;3;5&TN=2;11;5&TX=2;34;5&UT=2;5;6&VT=1;3;7&VA=1;13;5&WA=1;11;5&WV=2;5;5&WI=1;10;5&WY=2;3;6&ME=1;2;6&ME1=1;1;6&ME2=1;1;6&NE=1;2;5&NE1=2;1;5&NE2=1;1;4&NE3=1;1;6[/img]]

With Sanford out of the running dont rule out a run by this right wing lunatic. The base will love him and his angry white male image may win him a GOP primary. Of course he is cooked in the general but can carry a bunch of southern states. I would say Obama gains Arizona, Montana and other libertarian western states while eeking out a small win in Georgia. Obama gets to 65% in New Hampshire and over 70% in VT and NY.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 01:10:07 AM »

Not sure if Obama would take Nebraska, and if he won another district in Nebraska it would be the 1st, not the 3rd.  Kansas would also be really hard for Obama to pull off.  The rest I could see happening.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 01:10:35 AM »

Kansas, Nebraska, and the Dakotas? You'll fit in well here!
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »

Kansas, Nebraska, and the Dakotas? You'll fit in well here!
DemocratsVictory2008
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 01:17:46 AM »

My point was Obama would win 58--42% or around that. Of course Kansas wouldnt be anywhere near the national average
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 01:19:36 AM »

Jim DeMint, a fire-breathing conservative, runs for the Presidency and captures the heart of America.  Obama's popularity goes down after a hurricane strikes Colorado.  The election is close, however, due to massive voter fraud through ACORN, but Obama is not able to stop DeMint from winning Ohio and the Presidency.

Obama goes down in history as the worst President ever.
DemocratsVictory2008
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 01:21:39 AM »

I would hope that your joking or else you really are an ignorant conservative lol. A hurricane hitting Colorado..wtf!
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 01:44:33 AM »

pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:04 AM »

I'd vote DeMint but would I'd also hide in my house and wait till the nightmarish results are over.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »

His stances on spending and the size of government helps him out west. However, his positions on social issues don't help him win any safe Democratic states.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »

No way anyone from South Carolina wins the nomination in 2012 after Sanford's little debacle.  Outside chance a moderate Republican would consider DeMint for a Palinesque role of shoring up the base and being the attack dog as the VP nominee.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 02:47:44 PM »

Methinks that Demint would crash and burn after a confrontational debate performance convinces America that he is a jackass.
BM36
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »

The thing you have to consider is this: does DeMint have the "wow" factor?  Yeah he's conservative, but what about him makes him jump off the page?  Each Presidential nominee should have a very distinguishing quality and DeMint doesn't have it.  That being said, I'd vote for him but he would lose severely.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »

No way anyone from South Carolina wins the nomination in 2012 after Sanford's little debacle.  Outside chance a moderate Republican would consider DeMint for a Palinesque role of shoring up the base and being the attack dog as the VP nominee.

Even that role could be a disaster. To defeat Obama will require that the GOP team show itself better at the things that Obama does well as a campaigner (partisan ideology of course excluded) -- such as exuding rationality and optimism, and making his case to as many people as possible.

Question: whom will President Obama have neglected?
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »

1988 style victory for the Republican except for new england.  what the DemocRAT posters here dont realise is that if obama screws up at even one tenth of the rate he is currently effing things up the country will be in such a mess that voters will FLOCK to the polls to return American to reagan values.

Demint is a truely great american, and a man with a plan.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »

this country needs demint.

without him, we will continue to have pregnant, unwed women in the classroom educating our children.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 03:00:21 PM »

this country needs demint.

without him, we will continue to have pregnant, unwed women in the classroom educating our children.

They might even be non-Christian... those are not the Reagan values I know.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 03:50:41 PM »

1988 style victory for the Republican except for new england.  what the DemocRAT posters here dont realise is that if obama screws up at even one tenth of the rate he is currently effing things up the country will be in such a mess that voters will FLOCK to the polls to return American to reagan values.

DeMint is awesome, but you honestly think he'd win in a LANDSLIDE?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 04:00:51 PM »

He has as much of a plan as John Kerry did in 2004, so far as I can tell.

The alternative is of course that DeMint's plan is to restore the economic policies of George W. Bush.

In 2012, the image of the 43rd Presidency will be roughly as unflattering as it was in November 2008. Expect the result to be much the same:

Obama 2008 + MO + AZ + MT + NE-01

That's much the same because only the demographics change to recognize that the youngest voters are much more liberal than older voters and because Arizona won't have a favorite son running as President. That's as charitable as I can be toward any right-wing Republican from the South.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 04:29:19 PM »

would demint win wv?
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 08:20:19 PM »

The alternative is of course that DeMint's plan is to restore the economic policies of George W. Bush.

In 2012, the image of the 43rd Presidency will be roughly as unflattering as it was in November 2008. Expect the result to be much the same:

That's much the same because only the demographics change to recognize that the youngest voters are much more liberal than older voters and because Arizona won't have a favorite son running as President. That's as charitable as I can be toward any right-wing Republican from the South.

Your both (Coburn in 2012 and Probower2) stupid hacks. Honeslty.

DeMint would never win. Unfortunately. But it wouldn't be a Obama 50 state landslide. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 10:01:03 PM »

Your both (Coburn in 2012 and Probower2) stupid hacks. Honeslty.

DeMint would never win. Unfortunately. But it wouldn't be a Obama 50 state landslide. 

Did I even suggest a 40-state landslide as a likelihood? Possibility, maybe, but not a likelihood: 400 electoral votes, maybe, but that's only three more states and one Congressional district. I didn't mention Georgia, which borders South Carolina.

Until I see polls showing  the GOP nominee winning states that Clinton won in 1992 or 1996 (other than Missouri, Montana, or Arizona) -- States that Obama lost by huge margins in 2008 -- I will not  figure him likely to win those states.  The Bradley Effect has proved a myth in much of America -- but not yet in the Clinton-but-not-Obama states of the South (WV, KY, TN, AR, LA) or those that voted for neither Clinton nor Obama (TX, OK, MS, AL, SC).

A Southern right-wing Republican (Huckabee, Barbour, DeMint, Jindal) will do badly as a GOP nominee outside the South. "Badly" means having a chance to lose everything outside the South that  didn't vote for Obama by a margin of 10% or more in 2008. Should Obama face such a challenger after a good first term, then he wins in an Eisenhower-like landslide. Charlie Crist, should he run, won't have so big a problem; he's not so right-wing.

Northerners can vote for Southerners -- if the Southerner is a moderate populist (LBJ, Carter to some extent, and of course Clinton). They can vote for a conservative who seems to have no obvious regional association (Eisenhower, Reagan, arguably GHWB, probably McCain if he hadn't had to run from the dreadful record of George W. Bush). They won't vote for a Southern right-winger.  The core south still suggests that it won't vote for a d@mnyankee liberal -- at least not since JFK. But which area would you rather win?

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 10:50:35 PM »

I think that if government spending and size of government are the main issues, he would do much better than many here expect, perhaps even be victorious.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 11:44:39 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2009, 11:55:10 PM by Smash255 »

I think that if government spending and size of government are the main issues, he would do much better than many here expect, perhaps even be victorious.

Demint would get demolished in Colorado.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 11:49:05 PM »

Seriously? Where do you live at in Colorado anyways? When I was visiting there, Denver and its surroundings seemed like the perfect place to vote against Demint. It was just pretty standard suburbia around the city, and the city itself seems pretty normal as well. Considering that this plus, Pueblo, Boulder and ski country makes Obama have a lock on CO against Deminst.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies