Poll: Queen Elizabeth II hospitalized. Is it time for her to abdicate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:11:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Poll: Queen Elizabeth II hospitalized. Is it time for her to abdicate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Queen Elizabeth II hospitalized.  Is it time for her to abdicate?
Yes

No

Don't know

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 65

Author Topic: Poll: Queen Elizabeth II hospitalized. Is it time for her to abdicate?  (Read 10634 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 02:51:07 AM »

She was chosen by the divine to rule until death, so no.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 02:57:11 AM »

If you abolished the whole thing this wouldn't be an issue.

Again, mods, is there anything we can do about this disgusting sort of discussion polluting the forum?

Exactly. Winfield, you're just jealous and this behavior is ban-worthy.

Just for the fact that you seriously just brought the "you're jealous" argument into a serious political debate, I don't believe I will ever be able to bring myself to respect you ever again.

Be the thread irrelevant or not - the argument can, indeed, be made that it is - the amount of false outrage coming from the false progressives here is utterly shameful.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 10:24:21 AM »

She'll easily outdo Victoria, let's be serious.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »

No.  The thought of King Charles is repulsive.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 10:51:01 AM »

Again, mods, is there anything we can do about this disgusting sort of discussion polluting the forum?

Just for the fact that you seriously just brought the "you're jealous" argument into a serious political debate, I don't believe I will ever be able to bring myself to respect you ever again.

Be the thread irrelevant or not - the argument can, indeed, be made that it is - the amount of false outrage coming from the false progressives here is utterly shameful.

I never say I'm progressive. I'm a Democrat trying to save the party from "progressive" takeover.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »

I never say I'm progressive. I'm a Democrat trying to save the party from "progressive" takeover.

So the party is worth more to you than the ideal. I could go on for hours as to why I think people like you and the Republican party as a whole are the reason we might very well not have a country to change soon, but again, at least you're honest about having all the political depth of a tea tray.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »

She will be Queen until her death.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:52 PM »

She's far healthier than most people 10 years younger. She should stay.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »

Sooooooooooo..... Amercian...

Damn rebels don't know their place Wink
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »

So the party is worth more to you than the ideal. I could go on for hours as to why I think people like you and the Republican party as a whole are the reason we might very well not have a country to change soon, but again, at least you're honest about having all the political depth of a tea tray.

No, I just think that the Democratic Party is built on different values than "progressive" ones. I will fight for those, not for "progressive" ideas because I disagree with them.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 09:11:27 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2013, 09:28:05 PM by LINCOLN REPUBLICAN »

You will have to excuse me, but I was under the impression that the Divine Right of Kings, or queens in this case, died out in the 16th century.

This discussion is really thought provoking.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 09:14:44 PM »

You will have to excuse me, but I was under the impression that the Diving Right of Kings, or queens in this case, died out in the 16th century.

From what I've heard about her, she takes the role and the process of annointing VERY seriously. She believes it's a life task, and she won't stop until she is physically and/or mentally incapable.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 09:20:04 PM »

You will have to excuse me, but I was under the impression that the Diving Right of Kings, or queens in this case, died out in the 16th century.

From what I've heard about her, she takes the role and the process of annointing VERY seriously. She believes it's a life task, and she won't stop until she is physically and/or mentally incapable.

Plus her personal and the institutional memory of what happened last abdication. Desertion is putting it mildly.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 10:02:18 PM »

You will have to excuse me, but I was under the impression that the Divine Right of Kings, or queens in this case, died out in the 16th century.

The Divine Right of Kings as an explicit political theory was developed around the sixteenth century in England. Did you mean seventeenth?
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »

If you're serious, LOL?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 10:38:08 PM »

Yes, it is. She reminds me of Speaker Boehner. Despite the approval from both the House of Lords & House of Commons, she still refused to pass the equal rights bill for gays throughout the Commonwealth. She's just asking for something to happen to her & her incredibly frail husband Prince Philip.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. Welcome to the forum.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 10:48:26 PM »

Yes, it is. She reminds me of Speaker Boehner. Despite the approval from both the House of Lords & House of Commons, she still refused to pass the equal rights bill for gays throughout the Commonwealth. She's just asking for something to happen to her & her incredibly frail husband Prince Philip.

In her commitment speech for the equality bill in the Commonwealth, she didn't even use the words "gays" or "lesbians" which wasn't the bills original intent. Its intent was specifically for the LGBT community and for full protection under Parliament.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »

Um, mods?!?! Pretty sure threatening Her Majesty is a bannable offense.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »

Chill. Philip & Elizabeth have been in and out of the hospital several times over the past few years and their bound to die of health related issues soon since they're in their late 80's & early 90's. If part of the reason she refuses to abdicate is so she can become the longest reigning British monarch, then she has about 4 years to go and she's only wasting her, Prince Charles, and everyone elses time by not abdicating.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 12:21:45 AM »

Threatening? You have got to be flat-out f**king kidding me.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 01:08:19 AM »

Chill. Philip & Elizabeth have been in and out of the hospital several times over the past few years and their bound to die of health related issues soon since they're in their late 80's & early 90's. If part of the reason she refuses to abdicate is so she can become the longest reigning British monarch, then she has about 4 years to go and she's only wasting her, Prince Charles, and everyone elses time by not abdicating.

Well the longer Her Majesty keeps Charles and that whore wife of his away from the throne, the better in my view. Hopefully she outlives him.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 02:32:19 AM »

In her commitment speech for the equality bill in the Commonwealth, she didn't even use the words "gays" or "lesbians" which wasn't the bills original intent. Its intent was specifically for the LGBT community and for full protection under Parliament.

It isn't a bill, and the lgbt stuff was left out of the declaration overtly, but included by interpretation, because half the commonwealth wants to kill gays.

The fact that she signed it very, very publicly even though ill is actually an indicator that she approves of the call for protection and equality.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »

Well the longer Her Majesty keeps Charles and that whore wife of his away from the throne, the better in my view. Hopefully she outlives him.

Agree. Camilla is disgusting.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:15 AM »

Shut up, Lief.
Lief 🗽
Lief