Homophobic tweets from CNN's Kaitlan Collins' college years resurface (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:12:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Homophobic tweets from CNN's Kaitlan Collins' college years resurface (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Homophobic tweets from CNN's Kaitlan Collins' college years resurface  (Read 2318 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 08, 2018, 12:03:43 AM »

Speaking as someone who is LGBT, I don't like these comments obviously but I'm not sure it's worth firing her over. Lots of people say offensive and/or stupid things when they are young, and usually wise up as they age. I've known people who said anti-gay things that irked me but I got past it as I saw they matured. In HS and (less so in) college, I've seen people say and do terrible things in trying to fit in too, but many of those people tended to either be good people in general who messed up or evolved into better people, so again, I prefer a little caution when stuff like this happens.

In this case it's not really that easy to know if she has actually changed though, and that tweet doesn't really make it clear if she has or hasn't, so I dunno.

I agree with the first part wholeheartedly, Virginia, but I'm not sure I see how her apology tweet is somehow insufficient. It is a short statement, but that is typical for the medium. I'm not sure what level of sackcloth and Ashes is expected to demonstrate that she has grown up.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:15:35 AM »

Speaking as someone who is LGBT, I don't like these comments obviously but I'm not sure it's worth firing her over. Lots of people say offensive and/or stupid things when they are young, and usually wise up as they age. I've known people who said anti-gay things that irked me but I got past it as I saw they matured. In HS and (less so in) college, I've seen people say and do terrible things in trying to fit in too, but many of those people tended to either be good people in general who messed up or evolved into better people, so again, I prefer a little caution when stuff like this happens.

In this case it's not really that easy to know if she has actually changed though, and that tweet doesn't really make it clear if she has or hasn't, so I dunno.

I agree with the first part wholeheartedly, Virginia, but I'm not sure I see how her apology tweet is somehow insufficient. It is a short statement, but that is typical for the medium. I'm not sure what level of sackcloth and Ashes is expected to demonstrate that she has grown up.

Oh, well, I only meant it like, how can I really tell from just one short statement? The same could be said for any number of people who apologize in a similar way. I can give her the benefit of the doubt though, which is kind of what I was leaning towards in my first paragraph (sad that I have to refer to my posts by PARAGRAPH)

I'm not really bent out of shape though. People do stupid things and many of these people grow up and change. She could be one of them.

When you have to refer to your posts by Page, or volume, then you know what you have a problem.

You can then join the support group fuzzy bear and I have formed. Grin
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 08:47:41 PM »

not a 59 year old dude who bragged that he could grab any woman he wants to for being famous. The conservative doublestandard is ridiculous.
I hate Trump as much as most people, but he clearly did not say what you think he said.   He was talking about a type of woman, not ALL women.  Yes, most of us would prefer such women didn't exist, but they do.

It literally makes no difference. Of course he meant women he finds attractive.
It makes all the difference in the world and no, he didn't mean women he finds attractive either.  It's weird how much you're not getting this.

I'm sure you and Trump make very fine distinctions about exactly what so-called type of woman you are referring to. At least an actual practice.

Seriously dead man. You are a good poster  bordering on an atlas Institution. But Stop embarrassing yourself here
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies