Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:29:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 153189 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: November 08, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »

Jeff, in the future, if you are without anything to do at work, double-check your work and then ask your supervisor if there's anything else you can help with. If not, what better way to actually practice AutoCAD than at work where you're actually getting paid to? Or make sure you're up to speed on whatever other applications they use (you mentioned Visio earlier, for example). NO MORE THUMB-TWIDDLING.

I did ask if there was anything else I could work on to bide my time, but he was too busy getting cubicles and desks ready for the contractors who will start next week and the week after.  He said it wasn't worth it to start something at 1545 on a Friday evening, 75 minutes before I would normally leave, so that's how he decided to let me go home early.  There is stuff to do, but it would be better to start it when I'm fresh at 0800 on Monday instead of at 1545/1600 on Friday.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1126 on: November 08, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »

We've been through the voluntary time off story arc.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1127 on: November 08, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »

Don't you agree, though, that it is better to start a major project at 0800 on Monday as opposed to 1600 on Friday?  To me, it provides a much smoother approach then having just getting a groove going and then having to take the next 63 hours off until Monday begins and potentially having to relearn the project.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1128 on: November 08, 2014, 05:38:58 PM »

Jeff, there is always something that needs to be done.

Hell, on one slow afternoon I reorganized the room where we store all our office supplies because it was so insanely disorganized and messy and no one had time to do it up to that point. Not directly related to my usual job but it was helpful and beneficial to me and everyone else.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1129 on: November 08, 2014, 06:22:14 PM »

bushie being asked to leave early has happened many times at other jobs.

not a good sign.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1130 on: November 08, 2014, 07:18:08 PM »

bushie being asked to leave early has happened many times at other jobs.

not a good sign.

It's that friggin pedo-stache.  I'm telling you. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1131 on: November 08, 2014, 07:28:20 PM »

Don't you agree, though, that it is better to start a major project at 0800 on Monday as opposed to 1600 on Friday?  To me, it provides a much smoother approach then having just getting a groove going and then having to take the next 63 hours off until Monday begins and potentially having to relearn the project.

There is Always something to do.  It's a bad omen.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1132 on: November 08, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »

He's not salaried... but being hourly and sending him home, probably suggests it's not worth paying the extra to keep him around.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1133 on: November 08, 2014, 09:56:44 PM »

I don't think it's a big deal for this one time.  Now, if it turns into a trend, then it will be something to be concerned about.  I just believe what they tell me when here very shortly I will be screaming for slow days and early releases, but to no avail.  Next week may potentially be another slow week, but maybe a little busier.  We will just be getting more new contractors started.  All of the changes should start rolling in sometime the next 2 weeks.  We should be pretty busy by Thanksgiving and be under the stress of deadline after deadline after deadline by Christmas and New Year's.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1134 on: November 08, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »

I've never been sent home early for a job.  Even at a new job when the boss training me has run out of things to do or time to train me, they would just have me hang out.

Not. A. Good. Sign.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1135 on: November 08, 2014, 10:27:11 PM »

I can't imagine it being good he was sent home either. Even during my summer jobs, I'd always be given something to do until I was due to go home, or asked to hang out if I was needed for any reason.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1136 on: November 08, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »

I once worked a summer job where I could technically 'leave early.' I was required to clock 8 hours on my shift, but if I came in 15 minutes early, they were generally fine with my leaving at 4:45. Granted, I was actually working doing computer programming during that chunk of time and would work from home to get projects done or stay overtime, things which Bushie doesn't do. Nor was I there for less than 8 hours of my day.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1137 on: November 08, 2014, 10:58:57 PM »

You guys are hilarious.  There is nothing to be concerned with.  You weren't in the office with me, so you can't accurately predict doom and gloom.  You all are so pessimistic about any good thing to happen to me that you take one insignificant thing and blow it totally out of proportion and mock me for attempting to calm things down.  Maybe dead0man is right, it's like you all WANT me to fail.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1138 on: November 08, 2014, 11:01:30 PM »

You guys are hilarious.  There is nothing to be concerned with.  You weren't in the office with me, so you can't accurately predict doom and gloom.  You all are so pessimistic about any good thing to happen to me that you take one insignificant thing and blow it totally out of proportion and mock me for attempting to calm things down.  Maybe dead0man is right, it's like you all WANT me to fail.

lmao no

this has happened at many jobs you've been fired at

we really want you to succeed, bushie, but you need to understand that this is a bad sign, and you need to work harder.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1139 on: November 08, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »

Flo is right. We aren't wsnting you to fail but we are worried. You're usually the last to know you're in trouble anyway, so telling us we aren't there to know isn't a good argument.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1140 on: November 08, 2014, 11:12:19 PM »

Would you just give it a chance and not take one little bity thing and blow it totally out of proportion?  You cannot accurately predict failure based on this.  If it becomes a trend, then maybe, but not off one incident.  You have to trust me here.  I know more about this job than you do and I know my boss better than you do.  So, just shut up and let me work.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1141 on: November 08, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »

Would you just give it a chance and not take one little bity thing and blow it totally out of proportion?  You cannot accurately predict failure based on this.  If it becomes a trend, then maybe, but not off one incident.  You have to trust me here.  I know more about this job than you do and I know my boss better than you do.  So, just shut up and let me work.

You have the tendency to understate. That's why we have to take hints "out of proportion" because it's usually right.

Remember, your reports were glowing of how wonderful your last job was with your boss "laughing at your mistakes" until reality set in and your boss blew up at you and gave you a negative performance review.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1142 on: November 09, 2014, 09:14:27 AM »

This is why people accuse you of understating.  Originally posted, this was just "oh, we were done early so off I go!".  Now you are phrasing it as "an incident". 

Tell us, Bushie.  Was anyone else let go early on Friday? 
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1143 on: November 09, 2014, 01:52:29 PM »

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the HR office of any business that has ever employed Jeff...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1144 on: November 09, 2014, 02:17:53 PM »

I don't even understand why Bushie is having incidents already?! He's barely done any work?! How can they already be souring on him? Huh
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1145 on: November 09, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »

I don't even understand why Bushie is having incidents already?! He's barely done any work?! How can they already be souring on him? Huh

Does anyone take seriously my theories about the mustache and possibly having some very irritating mannerisms?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1146 on: November 09, 2014, 02:46:44 PM »

Does anyone take seriously my theories about the mustache and possibly having some very irritating mannerisms?

Wasn't there an issue at his last job with listening to the radio at his desk or something?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1147 on: November 09, 2014, 03:07:23 PM »

Wasn't there an issue at his last job with listening to the radio at his desk or something?

Lol, no.  We were just comparing him to Milton from Office Space.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1148 on: November 09, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »

Come on, guys, I have said before that it wasn't worth it starting a new project at 1545 on a Friday evening.  No one can seriously deny the lack of worth.  Do not take stuff I say out of context.  There is nothing wrong here.  Nothing to see.  What you guys are doing is trying to plant seeds of doubt into my brain by continuously acting super worried about nothing and cause me to fail.  That's how you want me to fail.  Then, you get mad at me or try to pry information out of me when I try to stay silent.  I seriously don't understand how you guys can say you're so concerned about me when you actively do things that are detrimental to the process.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1149 on: November 09, 2014, 05:18:11 PM »

We have plenty of work to do, like I said, it just wasn't worth starting a brand new project so late on a Friday.  It's better to start a new project at the beginning of the week whenever time permits.  He said it wasn't fair to me to make me twiddle my thumbs for 75 minutes when I could be enjoying an extra hour of my weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies