2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - the original
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:26:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - the original
« previous next »
Thread note

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 96
Author Topic: 2018 Congressional Generic Ballot and House Polls Megathread - the original  (Read 207068 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: January 31, 2018, 01:37:51 PM »

Even with that Monmouth poll, the RCP average still has the Democrats up by 7.5

"Throw it in the average" is always the best answer for an outlier.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #176 on: January 31, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »

Monmouth

Democrats: 47 (-4)
Republicans: 45 (+9)

Holy hell.

Nancy Pelosi seen bawling her eyes out in the corner.

Yawn....these the same polls that had Hillary winning in a landslide? Rofl
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #177 on: January 31, 2018, 01:39:06 PM »

Clearly Democrats are doomed. LimoLiberal's hot take is all we need to pay attention to.

Have you guys considered banning the moron that's cheerfully sh**tting everywhere?

I can't ban him, and I'm probably in a minority if not alone among the mods who think career trolls like him should be banned.

But if he keeps posting commentary meant to incite arguments then I'll consider moving his posts and threads to a single megathread.

I tend to think that individual moderators should be trusted with the power to ban people instead of being forced to hand trolls off to whatever convoluted deliberation process Dave makes you guys go through, but I guess I'm in the minority.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #178 on: January 31, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »

Monmouth

Democrats: 47 (-4)
Republicans: 45 (+9)

Holy hell.

Nancy Pelosi seen bawling her eyes out in the corner.

Yawn....these the same polls that had Hillary winning in a landslide? Rofl

Bad poll - FAKE NEWS

Good poll - WINNING!!! #MAGA
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:02 PM »

This poll isn't great for Dems, but there is nothing to worry about. Of course they should still look at it and fix their strategy, but there were polls similar like this where the Democrats were beating the GOP in 2010 and then lost. We need to look at the environment and history, both of which heavily favor the Democrats.

* Dem candidates outraising Reps by miles
* Record number of GOP politicians resigning
* Highly unpopular President

His approvals are going up though...fox, cnn, and mounmouth  have all shown upticks. Democrats shouldn’t take their natural advantage this year for granted, especially when the DNC is 200k away from insolvency when the GOP has millions in cash on hand plus the Koch network.
Apples and oranges. The GOP relies on the RNC for funding while dems rely on the DCCC which has seen a fundraising boom
UncleSam

« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »

Did they move to a different screening model? Hard to understand that large a shift otherwise.

That being said, my first paycheck came through under the new tax plan and I greatly appreciate the extra money. My guess is this poll is a response to seeing larger paychecks, but there will be many news cycles between now and the midterms. If history has shown us anything, it is that, while good for the president temporarily, larger paychecks and a stalwart economy will be afterthoughts after another bad tweet or three in the coming months - time has that impact on people.

Still, don't understand the argument that this isn't an R surge (and a predictable one at that) due to the tax cuts. Rs have clearly gained ~5 points on the generic ballot in the last month or so. Dems should probably stop trying to say the tax cuts are a disaster until they actually cause some damage, it's just bad strategy to try to tell people that them making more money is harmful, especially if there's no caveat of reduced employment options to go with it.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »

For concern trolls like Limo...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2010_generic_congressional_vote-2171.html
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2018, 01:53:43 PM »

You'll underperform the Generic Ballot by 3?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2018, 01:55:24 PM »

Lol. They can't accept that the blue wave is crumbling.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »

@Madigan you missed the point.

@LimoLiberal Obviously you didn't click on the link.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2018, 02:01:25 PM »

Yeah, you two missed the point. Go look at the polls in January 2010 and then look at the final result in November 2010.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2018, 02:02:41 PM »

Yeah, you two missed the point. Go look at the polls in January 2010 and then look at the final result in November 2010.

From D+2 to R+9
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2018, 02:04:20 PM »

From D+2 to R+9

For the love of God... The opposition party (GOP) consistently outpolled the Democrats by significant margins. They dipped in the summer and the Dems lead a few polls but the GOP ultimately won big.

Right now the Dems and the GOP have switched places.

You're so daft.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »

From D+2 to R+9

For the love of God... The opposition party (GOP) consistently outpolled the Democrats by significant margins. They dipped in the summer and the Dems lead a few polls but the GOP ultimately won big.

Right now the Dems and the GOP have switched places.

You're so daft.

+6 was big for Rs, but it might not be enough for Dems now with all the gerrymandering.  We'll see.  Tongue
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2018, 02:05:59 PM »

From D+2 to R+9

The point is even when generic ballot polls showed the party in power doing fine. The environment and the President's approval rating were the bigger indicator.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2018, 02:06:14 PM »

Perhaps it'd be better if we just all logged off and came back in November because this sucks.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2018, 02:28:58 PM »

Perhaps it'd be better if we just all logged off and came back in November because this sucks.

Yep. That's what I'm going to do. I'll be back in late February for the Pennsylvania special election. These polls give me so much anxiety because I genuinely think that our country will crumble if Republicans still hold power in 2019. I know all of you think that I'm a secret Republican or that King Lear is my sock or that I post on RRH, but no. I'm a Democrat who believes that the Republicans and Trump will win over voters this year.

Anyways, bye. I'll hope for some good polls in the mean time.

Feel free to celebrate Wink
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2018, 03:11:26 PM »

Yep. That's what I'm going to do. I'll be back in late February for the Pennsylvania special election. These polls give me so much anxiety because I genuinely think that our country will crumble if Republicans still hold power in 2019. I know all of you think that I'm a secret Republican or that King Lear is my sock or that I post on RRH, but no. I'm a Democrat who believes that the Republicans and Trump will win over voters this year.

I think a mental health break away will do you some good because you get seriously wayyyy too worked up about every little poll
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2018, 03:27:34 PM »

We need a T- avatar for the dedicated trolls. Wink
King Lear
Russian Federation

« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2018, 04:32:15 PM »

Please don’t leave, your one of the few voices of reason on this forum, without you here it’s just going to be me trying to convince my fellow Democrats not to be overwhelmed with hubris again.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2018, 05:10:16 PM »

Good
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2018, 05:46:32 PM »

Please don’t leave, your one of the few voices of reason on this forum, without you here it’s just going to be me trying to convince my fellow Democrats not to be overwhelmed with hubris again.

It's entirely possible to acknowledge that the Dems might not take either chamber of congress without declaring that they're doomed in every single post.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »

Decided to come back just because of this mean comment.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2018, 06:45:53 PM »

RCL shows the collapse of the Democratic margin in several polls from December to January:

CNN  +18 to +5
Monmouth +15 to +2
Reuters/Ipsos +12 to +6
Economist/Yougov +9 to +5
NBC News/Wall St. Junk.  +11 to +6

Does this mean no Democrat wave in the House? Possibly.  Possibly not. 

However, these changes indicate the GOP might be able to reduce the size of the wave. They also indicate the GOP might be able to pull off a Senate wave.

The main reason for the wave in 2010 was the low turnout of younger Democrat voters compared to older GOP voters.  A Democrat wave this year depends on the reversal of these turnouts. If the GOP is able to reduce the difference in turnout, it can reduce the wave in the House and create the GOP wave in the Senate. This is possible because older voter have a history of turning out well in midterms.

Unlike LimoLiberal I look forward to such a turn of events.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2018, 06:50:46 PM »

A senate wave?
Okay who is beating Brown? Tester? Baldwin? Casey? Stabenow?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 96  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies