What sort of clothes do you wear? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:48:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What sort of clothes do you wear? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What sort of clothes do you wear?  (Read 1240 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 21, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2013, 01:09:06 PM by opebo »

I actually don't know how to tie my shoes or any knot for that matter

Oh my god.  What an amusing revelation.  So mummy tied your converse and you just leave them tied forever?

As for myself - I used to dress in a really dapper and adventurous manner when I had access to all the thrift stores of the good old American Midwest while at the same time spared the humiliation of paid employment.  

Now I dress pretty much like any extremely well bred university lecturer might, with a few peccadilloes:  I generally quite strongly dislike blue-jean dungarees, and only very rarely wear them (I prefer corduroy trousers for cold weather wear), plus everything I wear is still second hand of course, I just don't have the frequent, easy access to the thrift store bonanza (and for all I know it may have dried up on the sad old, bad old USA).  

I'm pretty much in slacks and dress shirts, but somehow manage to keep it slightly 'odd' or 'off' or 'alternative'.

And by the way have you seen my storied thread on the subject?: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=99430.msg3881475#msg3881475
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »

I tend to dress like either the doctor in Hot Fuzz or the Hungarian hood in the film version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

and ?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »

Sweaters, collared shirts, and cardigans in neutral, earth, or jewel tones, with black, brown, tan, or navy slacks. Variations in a few different directions (shorter sleeves, more or fewer layers, different shoes, different accessories, more masculine, more feminine) depending on the situation.

Wow, doesn't really sound very 'feminine' at all by any stretch of the imagination.. unless.. what is a 'jewel tone'?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »

Good question, opebo! Generally speaking a jewel tone is a relatively bright, but also rich and usually dark color, like a deep green or blue or a vivid maroon or purple.

Sounds fine!  And by the way the overall scheme - slacks, button downs, cardigans etc - sounds rather similar to mine own.  I like a nice V-neck pullover as well, but can only wear them about 2-3 weeks of the year here at best.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 06:32:42 PM »

Sorry, I have no idea what the show is or who these characters are, I just did a google search.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies