2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 10:07:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 169534 times)
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« on: November 05, 2018, 03:42:11 AM »

Morning Consult joins Rasmussen in finding the generic to be D+3.  If they are correct the GOP RETAINS CONTROL OF THE HOUSE.

I think they are a little low.  I believe it will be D+5 or 6.  That should put the Democrats in the range of 220 to 225. I do not think with that small a majority they will be able to do much damage. 

I think that is best for Trump, too.  If the GOP were to keep the House, Trump would get the wrong message for 2020.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:28:49 AM »

Silver and Wasserman have both compared 2018 to 2012 and I think that is a good comparison.
Yep, the majority in the House will maintain it, while the challenger to the Senate will fall short...just like in 2012.

Do you mean the GOP wil keep both houses? That would be a disaster for the Democrats.
Arkansas Yankee
United States
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:39:25 PM »

Well!    CNN AND RASMUSSEN  HAVE THROWN DOWN THE GAUNTLET!  They both obviously cannot be right.  At least one of them should be sent to the ash bin of polling history with the Literary Digest Poll of 1936 that predicted Landon would beat FDR. It may develop they should both go there.

I do believe the Literary Digest made a human error.   I believe current errors may be deliberate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies