Internal pollster in Michigan: none of my polls have found Biden leading
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:22:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Internal pollster in Michigan: none of my polls have found Biden leading
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Internal pollster in Michigan: none of my polls have found Biden leading  (Read 757 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2024, 03:38:51 PM »

https://t.co/r0Yucv0IZ7
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 03:45:56 PM »

Lol Biden is leading in MC poll in MI, Craig was Rs strongest challenge to Slotkin he gift wrapped the S seat is and running for DTW mayor
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 03:50:37 PM »

The election is 6 months from now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 03:52:02 PM »

"conducts surveys for business and civic groups"...aka not a political pollster.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 04:07:11 PM »

I think the general consensus recently has been that Wisconsin is now Biden's weakest state in the rust belt. RCP now has Trump leading WI by more than in MI.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 04:18:24 PM »

Wait, Biden isn't leading in Michigan? Looks like Hoekstra is doing much, much better than I bargained for.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2024, 04:21:54 PM »

I mean....okay? So because one random pollster who we've never heard of has not seen it in their results, that makes their results any more important than any other pollster?? lol
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2024, 04:23:08 PM »

He needs to drop out. Is it too late?
Redban

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2024, 04:25:48 PM »

The “it’s still early” argument loses force around this time

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2024, 04:29:54 PM »

11/16 is only 69% rate. That's not as high as the rest of the tweet makes it sound.
kwabbit

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2024, 04:36:42 PM »

I mean....okay? So because one random pollster who we've never heard of has not seen it in their results, that makes their results any more important than any other pollster?? lol

This guy runs Glengariff Group, which is an established pollster in Michigan that you probably know of, albeit not a great one. About as good as F&M in PA.
Redban

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2024, 04:37:49 PM »

11/16 is only 69% rate. That's not as high as the rest of the tweet makes it sound.

What do you want then? A 100% rate? 11/15 is high. If you tell me the Knicks have a 69% chance of beating Philadelphia tonight, I’d take that
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2024, 04:38:19 PM »

69% is not a clincher, don't act like it's in the bag. But while it's not too late for Whitmer or whoever to turn things around, it's slowly becoming an uphill battle.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2024, 04:38:42 PM »

Perhaps this is true with more conventional elections, but we have a very unique one with the presidency this year and there are still lots of variables and developments that can play out.

Just look at Trump's rallies from yesterday, he is bringing up abortion unprompted.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2024, 04:39:31 PM »

This is the pollster for Glengariff Group which does the polls for Detroit News.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2024, 04:42:08 PM »

If he's an independent pollster then who is he doing internals for? Internal polls are not independent.

I'd love to get access to this guy's personal social media to see what he posts. It probably would tell a story of bias.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2024, 04:42:37 PM »

Perhaps this is true with more conventional elections, but we have a very unique one with the presidency this year and there are still lots of variables and developments that can play out.

Just look at Trump's rallies from yesterday, he is bringing up abortion unprompted.

If abortion was going to cost Trump this election, he'd already be trailing. People have forgotten about Dobbs. I don't think people should become used to abortion being illegal in half the country, but that is exactly what has happened. The only thing that can save Biden is a ceasefire that lasts, and if that doesn't happen, the only thing that can save Democrats is a different nominee.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2024, 04:44:26 PM »

IMO this is one of the less unique elections, compared to crazy ones like 2016 or 2020. The candidates feel like tired rehashes at the moment and turnout is probably gonna drop.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2024, 04:45:47 PM »

If abortion was going to cost Trump this election, he'd already be trailing. People have forgotten about Dobbs. I don't think people should become used to abortion being illegal in half the country, but that is exactly what has happened. The only thing that can save Biden is a ceasefire that lasts, and if that doesn't happen, the only thing that can save Democrats is a different nominee.

What you fail to understand is that polls are not real life. Trump can't be declared President based off of polling, he would actually have to win the election. And as we have seen over the past two years Republicans have been heavily overestimated in polling. Abortion wasn't supposed to matter in 2022 yet it did.
Redban

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2024, 04:46:00 PM »

On the contrary, I think this election is less likely to have a dramatic swing either way because of the universal name ID. looking at the last 15 elections, some candidates had inflated early poll numbers because of low name-recognition, which made them poll like Generic D/R: Dukkakis in early 1988 likely led over Bush for this reason. But we won’t see that sort of polling swing in this  cycle  
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2024, 04:47:23 PM »

What you fail to understand is that polls are not real life. Trump can't be declared President based off of polling, he would actually have to win the election. And as we have seen over the past two years Republicans have been heavily overestimated in polling. Abortion wasn't supposed to matter in 2022 yet it did.

But the issue was more salient before people became adjusted to the new reality of abortion access in the U.S. Again, I don't like that persuadable voters seem to have become numb to abortion bans and the horror stories we keep hearing in the media, but I prefer to view things as they are rather than as I might like them to be.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2024, 05:00:40 PM »

IMO this is one of the less unique elections, compared to crazy ones like 2016 or 2020. The candidates feel like tired rehashes at the moment and turnout is probably gonna drop.

Arguably this is unique, since literally every election this century since 7:30 EST, November 2000 has been "apocalyptic".
xavier110
United States
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2024, 05:22:36 PM »

"conducts surveys for business and civic groups"...aka not a political pollster.

He’s not a random pollster. He, as MN Mike said, does polls for Detroit News.

He had Whitmer and the Ds thumping GOP in 2022, so this is interesting, IMO.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2024, 05:25:57 PM »

This guy runs Glengariff Group, which is an established pollster in Michigan that you probably know of, albeit not a great one. About as good as F&M in PA.
Glengariff Gariff Ross
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2024, 05:27:17 PM »

Have you seen the polls in MI Biden is leading
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »