Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:37:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149560 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: June 19, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »

Spent 10 hours yesterday changing the AC blower motor in my car because the Florida heat is unbearable. Apparently, the engineers of Nissan thought it would be a good idea to stick it behind the radio in the middle of the dashboard and require dropping the entire dash to get to it. I managed to pull it out by removing the brake and gas pedals and clawing it out with my bare hands. Fugg you Nissan
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #926 on: June 19, 2019, 09:05:50 PM »

Second wedding of the season today (not mine). Thank Gosh it’s over after this until September.

I feel there is a sweet spot for a wedding to be truly enjoyable:

A) It's not THAT good of a friend so you don't have to be in the wedding party and can just enjoy yourself/have no responsibilities.

B) It's a good enough friend that you have plenty of mutual friends (i.e., you have people you like to party with).

Going to weddings of girls from your friend group but you don't really know the groom well are ideal. Wink

Second one was a fraternity brother; I was close enough to be one of ~7 invited, and also to be invited to the bachelor party, but wasn’t in the wedding party, so I’d say I might’ve hit the spot. Just tired of paying for hotels and wedding gifts and having to use my days off unproductively. Tongue
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #927 on: June 20, 2019, 12:03:43 AM »

Car crapped out yesterday. It’s misfiring on one of the cylinders. The folks at the car parts store who read the code said it could be any number of things. They mentioned it could be a clogged injector; might see about getting some cleaner. I don’t want to spend anymore than like $20 on it (other than gas) at this point. It hit 300,000 miles at the beginning of the month. I really only needed it to last a few more weeks; I’ve already been looking at cars, but it would’ve been nice to have a bit more time and not have to maybe get a rental car or something in the mean time.
Took it in to fail smog. Now it’s misfiring on two of the six cylinders. Looking at retiring it through a CA state program.

And in better news, I got a new car today! It’s a Subaru Impreza Hatchback!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #928 on: June 20, 2019, 01:23:42 AM »

Going to rural Trump country SD for a few days so if I don’t post it’s because of lack of cellular or internet connection. I know most of you don’t care, or those who care are happy, but I am just posting this here in the common place if any friend wants to know why I may not be responding they can find it here. Should definitely be posting again by the evening of the 24th, if not, it probably means some Trumpkin farmer killed me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #929 on: June 20, 2019, 06:36:30 AM »

Finally had a decently productive night off. Feels good.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #930 on: June 20, 2019, 08:07:50 AM »

Second wedding of the season today (not mine). Thank Gosh it’s over after this until September.

I've attended only one wedding in my life and it happened when I was 11. I refused every invitation since because weddings are lame.

I hope the guests won't feel that way about my daughter's wedding next month. The wedding couple are both in the aerospace industry and have picked a steam punkish venue for the ceremony on the 50th anniversary of the lunar landing. Decorations and music all are taking their cue from the moon/space theme mixing both RL and SF motifs. For example the tables are labeled by images of famous spacecraft both real and fictional, and my slow dance with the bride will be to Moonlight Serenade.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #931 on: June 20, 2019, 08:14:37 AM »

The moon landing was staged though.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #932 on: June 20, 2019, 08:38:08 AM »

The moon landing was staged though.

Of course it was - on Mare Tranquillitatis.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #933 on: June 20, 2019, 01:40:47 PM »

Car crapped out yesterday. It’s misfiring on one of the cylinders. The folks at the car parts store who read the code said it could be any number of things. They mentioned it could be a clogged injector; might see about getting some cleaner. I don’t want to spend anymore than like $20 on it (other than gas) at this point. It hit 300,000 miles at the beginning of the month. I really only needed it to last a few more weeks; I’ve already been looking at cars, but it would’ve been nice to have a bit more time and not have to maybe get a rental car or something in the mean time.
Took it in to fail smog. Now it’s misfiring on two of the six cylinders. Looking at retiring it through a CA state program.

My sister has that same car. Y'all can be lesbians together.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #934 on: June 20, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »

this week has been killer brah. I'm sick and haven't worked in like 4 days and it's killing me. I live my life on the idea that I can't stop working and when I stop working for more than 2 days I start to feel like garbage.

The worst thing is I can't even spend these days drunk out of my mind partying or at the club, because I'm so sick it wouldn't even be enjoyable. Usually the only way I can go 4 days without working is if I'm dropping several hundred dollars so I can go on an unusually bougie partying binge or vacation.

Hopefully I start to feel better this weekend because my fiancee and I are going to Savannah for a couple of days next week and I want to feel alright for that.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #935 on: June 20, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »

I am legally an adult and I have yet to do anything of note.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #936 on: June 20, 2019, 05:04:11 PM »

Move to Florida and then do something weird to be on the news.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #937 on: June 20, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »

Move to Florida and then do something weird to be on the news.

This sounds so wrong.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #938 on: June 20, 2019, 05:55:23 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2019, 01:34:39 AM by Bagel23 »

Somewhere in rural SD, I can hear a cow mooing from somewhere in the woods wtf?

Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #939 on: June 20, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »

I'm back on Ambien again!

I'll try to keep my Ambienposting to a minimum this time. Wink
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #940 on: June 20, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »

Philosophical thought of the day: "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives" -- Ronald Reagan

BONUS thought (as it pertains to Iran): "You want some, COME GET SOME!" -- John Cena
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #941 on: June 21, 2019, 01:43:33 AM »

Now in a cabin in the blackhills forest, lemme just say this is probably one of the creepiest places I have ever been, I wanna go home Sad

The people here are so racist too, it’s so horrible and it’s so sad to see how native Americans are treated here, does not do them justice. I really feel for them, and if it keeps up I might actually have to disregard my mom’s wishes and push back, because silence is part of the problem, and I don’t want to be part of it.

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #942 on: June 21, 2019, 09:31:44 AM »

Now in a cabin in the blackhills forest, lemme just say this is probably one of the creepiest places I have ever been, I wanna go home Sad

The people here are so racist too, it’s so horrible and it’s so sad to see how native Americans are treated here, does not do them justice. I really feel for them, and if it keeps up I might actually have to disregard my mom’s wishes and push back, because silence is part of the problem, and I don’t want to be part of it.

Like ?
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #943 on: June 21, 2019, 01:17:01 PM »

My sister has that same car. Y'all can be lesbians together.

Well, we both do like women...
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #944 on: June 21, 2019, 02:15:04 PM »

Does Ambien help for shift working?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #945 on: June 21, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »

I talked to an admissions counselor at a prospective university for graduate school today. I am quite excited and really hope that I am able to go back to school this fall. Earning an MS in Data Science will be quite difficult, but I look forward to this challenge and what opportunities it'll present to me
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #946 on: June 21, 2019, 04:01:33 PM »

I wouldn't advise it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #947 on: June 21, 2019, 08:07:34 PM »

You on night shift too?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #948 on: June 21, 2019, 08:29:16 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2019, 08:49:29 PM by Bagel23 »

Like ?

I got dragged along to my mom’s new husband’s family reunion and I regret it more and more by the minute. So I was warned about this beforehand, but holy sh!t is it bad. So my mom sat next to a nice man who was a member of the Oglala tribe, and he gave her some pointers for sightseeing and souvenirs if we have extra time on our hands. When we got here, my mom said she wanted to go to some areas to visit and bring back some pottery from various tribes to remember the trip and learn new things, and her new husband’s cousin was not thrilled. She curtly nodded for like 30 seconds of my mother saying what she wanted to do and then just walked away in the middle of it. Her aunt who is one of the few agreeable people here explained that she thinks that the natives are “filthy” and is digusted that there are so many in the nearby vicinities. I’ve also taked to that lady’s son before a couple times when he came to Dallas and he’s the exact same. And the few agreeables in his family have warned me that the rest are also basically the same. It makes me beyond sad to see such wealth here and just a few miles away are some of the poorest people in this country, and a hatred for them. I won’t even mention their political affiliations or their views on the president, it does not take a genius to pick right here. I am so thankful that I am able to mostly blend in with them look wise, because I fear for my saftey. I have been trying to keep the few people here from saying anything about the other side of me or my religion, but it’s hard to contain since people talk, people have been making fun and asking why I have been turning down pork, I was originally going to eat it out of a fear of my own safety, but now I’m just telling everyone I’m Jewish. Hopefully the truth does not get out until i get back home. I regret being such a beta and getting dragged up here, I need to stand up next time, this cannot occur again. I actually scheduled my college orientation for today so I would not have to be here then my mom flipped out and changed it and I did not push back hard enough. Also sorry for the late reply, connection is really spotty for me in this backwards place.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #949 on: June 21, 2019, 11:23:45 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2019, 01:25:33 AM by Bagel23 »

Wow, I just met a farmer and truck driver from Steve King’s congressional district, older super white guy with a heavy country accent, born and raised in rural Iowa and he is ultra liberal, on like every single thing you could thing of. In an overwhelmingly red area we just connected just like that and stuck together, enjoyed railing on all things Republican with him today, so that was actually pretty great.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies