Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:56:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150254 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« on: November 01, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »

This has been a really wet fall. Nothing but rain and more rain and more rain. My plans to visit Mt. Davis, the tallest peak in Pennsylvania, have been ruined first by awful luck with every weekend raining out and then by every day being cold and rainy.

My DnD character recently fought off annoyed cultists while wielding a prop sword and dressed as a duck. As an arrogant gloryhound, he will brag about this, like he brags about everything else.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 04:46:59 PM »

I'm in line to see HW Bush right now. Apparently they're keeping the Capitol open all night.

Why?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »

Welcome back!
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 09:52:43 PM »

Recently I got a letter from a family friend asking them to support a city council candidate. However, the city council candidate supports a development project I'm not sure I like, so I didn't respond.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 08:24:43 PM »

Thank you for admitting trolldom and deliberately setting impossible goals for yourself to return.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 03:22:25 PM »

I also tried the healthcare.gov webzone after being told I'm off medicaid this summer. I'm then told I'm eligible for medicaid.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 12:22:49 AM »

I also tried the healthcare.gov webzone after being told I'm off medicaid this summer. I'm then told I'm eligible for medicaid.

and Christmas Eve is when I get the bills from the doctor's after 3 months. Sky high. Thanks Obama and congressional dinocrats for being neoliberal pussies.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »

2019 has begun as literally the worst year in my life. Days after almost losing my job and needing to pay $630 in emergency bills, I crash into a truck after less than 5 months in my awesome little car on an unsalted road. Ohio weather is just wonderful, one day thunderstorms with 50F weather next day SUDDEN BLIZZARD.

Things could be worse: I have no health insurance as Obamacare referred me back to state medicaid and they're never going to contact me after kicking me off last summer. I have no choice but to find a private provider.

The public option will never happen. People don't realize it, especially people like me, but Atlas is a pro-labor anti-neoliberal bubble. I tried talking to Democrats on another forum and they were singing praises of Bush Jr. and were confused as to why I, a fair trader, wasn't just going to vote for Trump. After all I'm a "single issue voter" (wrong) "for corporate rent seeking"

The cherry on top is where I go to play DND with friends, it's become as loud as a school cafeteria and I wasn't able to have fun.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »

Sorry to here that bageldude. I know well wishes can ring hollow when people aren’t in a position to help, but hoping everything works out.

Thank you.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 12:17:59 PM »

Going to Kamala’s launch rally with some friends

Don't elites like you prefer "luncheon"?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 07:11:19 PM »

People at my working class job in Portage County were talking about how horrible Trump is and blaming him for people not ordering anything from the business. I was almost fooled into thinking they're not going to vote for him next year. Fortunately, because I am an enlightened member of USElectionAtlas Dot Org, Trump can be safe knowing they are in his column because Ohio is Missouri now.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 08:27:34 PM »

People at my working class job in Portage County were talking about how horrible Trump is and blaming him for people not ordering anything from the business. I was almost fooled into thinking they're not going to vote for him next year. Fortunately, because I am an enlightened member of USElectionAtlas Dot Org, Trump can be safe knowing they are in his column because Ohio is Missouri now.

Those Trump-Dewine voters will flock to Kamala.

Yep, just like those Obama/Brown voters flocked to Jeb Bush, who was selected by the base of the Republican party to be their 2016 nominee.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »

I've been thinking a lot about becoming a devout Christian lately. I don't yet plan on converting, and even if I did I most certainly would not be doing it now, but if I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was a Church going Methodist in 5-10 years time.
Any particular reason for Methodist instead of some other denomination?
I am interested in knowing his reasoning too as the UMC appears more likely than ever now to enter the beginning stages of a schism.
A) Well, I don't know a huge deal about the Theological differences between the various Christian denominations, but of the little I do know, Methodism seems to line up best with what I believe.

B) Regarding the comments on the UMC; I'm not actually from Virginia (the avatar is D-VA so my nickname and avatar match), I'm from Canada, so if I do ever end up becoming a Methodist it's rather unlikely it would be under the UMC.
Since the UMC is a global organization, you would be.  The UMC in North America is generally pro-LGBT whereas the growing African and Filipino churches are overwhelmingly opposed.  Last month the General Assembly rejected resolutions calling for more tolerance toward LGBT congregants/clergy and passed a plan that steered the Church towards a more hardline stance on the issue.

I'm Episcopalian (formerly UCC), so I don't have much experience with Methodism beyond what I've read about it.  Kingpoleon (and I believe shua?) are fairly devout Methodists and can probably tell you more.
There's my ignorance of the fine details about these sorts of things showing again.

Well if you don't hate gay people then just go along with the American UMC. It might separate with the bad half of the church but who cares.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »

Got a new job. Previous one fired me for being sick after 3+ years. Current one is third shift (which I can honestly handle better than first), and means that I am now a manufacturing worker in NE Ohio. If it weren't for the 2016 swings being so horrible, I'd be in the most politically relevant group in the country. The biggest perk is that my best friends are experienced coworkers now.

I'm a bit worried about my long term prospects though. I'm turning 26 in less than a month and I still haven't really found a professional path. Having a AD in the Sciences will give me a boost when I go back to college, but my GPA isn't exactly exemplary after the mental health issues I went through many years back. My fiscal situation is worsened as a result of being scammed by a bad car dealership after my first car was totaled in January - but it could always be worse, I have a decent enough car now, and one of my other buddies has to donate marrow weekly just to make ends meet.

A dozen years after my first love and I have no second and no first date either. But I have friends, and something to look forward to weekly. I don't have a terrible disease or disability, gotta count those blessings.

I am moderately despondent over the prospect of Ohio becoming Likely R. One thing that really got me into politics is knowing that living in a swing state, my vote counts far more than someone in Wyoming, DC, South Carolina etc. If posters spelling doom for Ohio are right, what will my vote mean? Defending the Democratic record of Summit County, likely to remain stable by Akron U and wealthy Hudsonites replacing Barberton have-nots? Regardless, it's still too early to tell - a lot hinges on just who the Democrats nominate and how s/he campaigns. I refuse to believe that becoming Likely R is inevitable.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 07:06:59 PM »

happy birthday to me
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 11:23:51 PM »

Turns out getting to sleep on a hot, bright, sunny day in a cluttered house is hard.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 02:15:04 PM »

I'm back on Ambien again!

I'll try to keep my Ambienposting to a minimum this time. Wink

Does Ambien help for shift working?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 06:16:44 PM »

I'm back on Ambien again!

I'll try to keep my Ambienposting to a minimum this time. Wink

Does Ambien help for shift working?

You on night shift too?

Yep. My problem is it's hot and bright now in summer, had an easier time when I was first starting in April.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 08:33:49 AM »

No way, my old scoutmaster is being interviewed on MSNBC in Delray. Apparently he’s a city commissioner now. Cool dude, can’t believe I missed all that when I was up in Tally.

Cool.   My cubmaster was elected to the Virginia Senate.

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 07:05:39 AM »

Just got officially diagnosed with bipolar one. No more stoner Sanchez Sad

They don't let you be a stoner if you're bipolar?

psychoactive drugs are very bad for the delicate mood management required to cope with bipolar.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 04:58:47 PM »

Election Day. Cast votes for mayor and city council.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »

I hope this doesn't somehow jinx my luck, but here goes: I'm gonna have to cut off here for some time after tonight.

My plate is quite full already, most of the talk isn't very eventful sans the two good candidates inexplicably squabbling...I reckon I'll come back sometime around Iowa, but until then... the only thing I gain here is lost time better spent trying to graduate.

So...cheers I guess?

- L.D. Smith

Why did you use a different font?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 04:11:09 PM »

Bipolar or Borderline? Feel free not to answer of course.

I have a couple friends with bipolar and both have got help from Dr. Mary Jane, a local psychiatrist.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 11:35:34 PM »

Graham crackers are decent.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »

Had a great time at the Atlas meetup today!

Is the joke that two of them are wearing brony shirts? Go back to 2013.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies