Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:53:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Author Topic: Brazil Presidential and Congressional Elections 2018  (Read 83744 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2018, 01:40:37 AM »

Austerity sure worked out real well for the National museum.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-45398084

I wonder if the fire will impact the election much.
RodPresident
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -3.30

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »

Silva supports right-wing economic policy as Central Bank's autonomy, austerity and other policies. I'm more supportive of Ciro Gomes.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2018, 07:03:48 PM »

Bolsonaro has just been stabbed during an campaign event in the city of Juiz de Fora.

Brazil’s stocks and BRL jumped immediately following the attack on the premise that Bolsonaro's chances of winning went up as a result.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2018, 10:41:19 PM »

I said a prayer for Bolsonaro earlier. May God help him recover quickly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »

Establishment politicians who sent Lula to jail and thus paved the way for Bolsonaro are as dumb as their political ancestors who helped depose Goulart, hoping foolishly that once the left is eliminated the military will just cede power back to them. Once you open this door, it'll be very difficult to close it in time.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2018, 05:34:33 PM »

Establishment politicians who sent Lula to jail and thus paved the way for Bolsonaro are as dumb as their political ancestors who helped depose Goulart, hoping foolishly that once the left is eliminated the military will just cede power back to them. Once you open this door, it'll be very difficult to close it in time.
Foolish, wicked, or wickledly foolish...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2018, 03:50:09 AM »

Not surprised at all by the comments here. God willing, Bolsonaro will have a speedy recovery and receive a sympathy boost because of this, helping him to win the election and crack down mercilessly on groups inspired by the same ideas as the perpetrator of the attack.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2018, 04:24:50 AM »

God guys, just don't start a civil war or something because that's going to screw up my country a lot more than it should, f**k off.

And the DavidB poition is very tempting
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2018, 06:36:56 AM »

God guys, just don't start a civil war or something because that's going to screw up my country a lot more than it should, f**k off.

This.

Donald Trump is bad in part because of his destruction of civil and democratic norms, but stabbing politicians you dislike is A-OK. The hypocrisy, it burns.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2018, 09:56:34 AM »

v Argentine position here...
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2018, 10:00:15 AM »

Not surprised at all by the comments here. God willing, Bolsonaro will have a speedy recovery and receive a sympathy boost because of this, helping him to win the election and crack down mercilessly on groups inspired by the same ideas as the perpetrator of the attack.
kelestian
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: 1.48

« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2018, 10:33:39 AM »

Guys, i understand that many of you don't like Bolsonaro, but attacker isn't Flawless Beautiful fighter for freedom. Looks like he is just communist fanatic

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2018, 01:25:19 AM by Velasco »

Bolsonaro is a violent extremist who has called for the return of the military dictatorship, a regime that didn't kill enough communists in his view. Now the candidate had upon him the same violence he advocates. I don't approve this kind violent attempts as  a matter of principle, but I feel no pity for the fascist. Sadly that fool who tried to kill the bastard has created a martyr. Brazil seems  to be hurling into the abyss...
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2018, 12:01:08 PM »

A very dark and evil part of me hopes that Bolsonaro wins solely to trigger the libz, but let's not forget all the things Bolsonaro said about women, blacks and LGBT people lmao, he's pretty scummy. I hope Bolsonaro recovers and I certainly don't wish death on anyone but Bolsonaro doesn't strike me as someone I'd want in charge. There are enough ''neoliberal'' candidates out there I suppose Tongue (and I'm not even sure whether we can fully trust Bolsonaro when it comes to free market reforms).
seb_pard
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »

A very dark and evil part of me hopes that Bolsonaro wins solely to trigger the libz, but let's not forget all the things Bolsonaro said about women, blacks and LGBT people lmao, he's pretty scummy. I hope Bolsonaro recovers and I certainly don't wish death on anyone but Bolsonaro doesn't strike me as someone I'd want in charge. There are enough ''neoliberal'' candidates out there I suppose Tongue (and I'm not even sure whether we can fully trust Bolsonaro when it comes to free market reforms).
I don't really care about what they think, but I listened that some family offices in Brazil prefer Haddad over Bolsonaro. They see Haddad as a moderate inside PP and think that his rethoric will moderate once elected. They see Bolsonaro as a pandora's box, specially because his history. But obviously their favorite is Alckmin.

Bolsonaro is scum
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »

I think it would be for the best if everyone counted to ten and maybe took a little walk in the fresh air before pressing 'click' on any further Posts on this matter Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »

I think it would be for the best if everyone counted to ten and maybe took a little walk in the fresh air before pressing 'click' on any further Posts on this matter Smiley

Thanks Al. Wishing death on a living political figure or other poster is an absolute no-no on this site. Feel free to label them as HP, but don't go down the other road. I have cleaned up all the recent posts in this thread that crossed the line or quoted those posts that did.
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2018, 11:34:29 PM »

Lula did have a hand in his own downfall - namely, and most strikingly, by hand-picking Dilma Rousseff as his successor.

But yes, as for Bolsonaro, pity not much of the political elite who are too foolish to see what may be coming to them - pity the millions upon millions who might suffer much worse in the ensuing years.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2018, 06:32:28 AM »

I have zero sympathy for Bolsonaro. I consider him a dangerous and thoroughly evil individual and it would be hypocritical for me to be like "oh, how awful! He may be a fascist PoS, but I feel sorry for his suffering". At the same time I have to acknowledge trying to kill him wouldn't solve the problem he's representing. If anything, the attacker is a useful idiot for Bolsonaro and his allies, who must be very happy right now.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2018, 10:19:57 AM »

I have zero sympathy for Bolsonaro. I consider him a dangerous and thoroughly evil individual and it would be hypocritical for me to be like "oh, how awful! He may be a fascist PoS, but I feel sorry for his suffering". At the same time I have to acknowledge trying to kill him wouldn't solve the problem he's representing. If anything, the attacker is a useful idiot for Bolsonaro and his allies, who must be very happy right now.

Hypocritical?

FFS guys, stop acting like "X is an awful person" and "X is a human being so I hope he isn't murdered" are mutually exclusive sentiments.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2018, 10:40:23 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2018, 10:43:34 AM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

Thanks Al. Wishing death on a living political figure or other poster is an absolute no-no on this site. Feel free to label them as HP, but don't go down the other road. I have cleaned up all the recent posts in this thread that crossed the line or quoted those posts that did.
 Political correctness gone mad. Posters will know my opinion of dictators, authoritarians and fascists - I do not support violence but I wish them pain in this world. This den of white supremacy and ultra-right sentiment would cleanse itself of anti-NSDAP sentiment if it existed in the 1930s. When President Bolsonaro destroys Brazilian democracy, I will know that I was in the right. The rest of you will come off as fools. As for the polling, we know that violence is not only wrong but also strategically stupid - not surprising. Hope this is a lesson for idiots who applaud violence. Still, I wish Bolsonaro nothing but the worst. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2018, 03:51:18 PM »

Hypocritical?

FFS guys, stop acting like "X is an awful person" and "X is a human being so I hope he isn't murdered" are mutually exclusive sentiments.

There's nothing hypocritical in opposing political murders while holding the subject in deepest contempt.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2018, 04:42:13 PM »

Hypocritical?

There's nothing hypocritical in opposing political murders while holding the subject in deepest contempt.

My second statement wasn't directed at you, I probably should have made that clear...

What I mean is, how is feeling sorry for a terrible person's suffering hypocritical?
BBD
Big Bad Don

« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2018, 04:46:13 PM »

Political correctness gone mad. Posters will know my opinion of dictators, authoritarians and fascists - I do not support violence but I wish them pain in this world. This den of white supremacy and ultra-right sentiment would cleanse itself of anti-NSDAP sentiment if it existed in the 1930s. When President Bolsonaro destroys Brazilian democracy, I will know that I was in the right. The rest of you will come off as fools. As for the polling, we know that violence is not only wrong but also strategically stupid - not surprising. Hope this is a lesson for idiots who applaud violence. Still, I wish Bolsonaro nothing but the worst. Smiley

That won't happen.

We'll see in a few years.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »

That won't happen.

We'll see in a few years.
It's already been quite weakened over the past few years, won't take much more..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies