I don't like her
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:14:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  I don't like her
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: I don't like her  (Read 17778 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2008, 06:22:37 PM »

I can understand speaking in toungues...maybe... but I have reasons to doubt that she even believes in free will or rationality. Maybe IQ isn't normally important, but Palin is an individual of questionable qualities, no matter how you look at it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »

I can understand speaking in toungues...maybe... but I have reasons to doubt that she even believes in free will or rationality. Maybe IQ isn't normally important, but Palin is an individual of questionable qualities, no matter how you look at it.

She's not Calvinist so I don't see free will being involved. 

You seem to reading a great deal into some one being Christian, which Obama claims as well.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2008, 08:50:57 PM by J. J. »

No....I'm sorry guys, but when one speaks in tongues, one is in a state of mind that DOES question ones ability to be a rational leader of the free world.  If McCain dies in office, we have this!!!!!!!  You gotta be kidding.

First, I don't recall Palin claiming she does.

Second, anyone who attends for 20 years the  services of the hate spewing Rev. Jeremiah Wright DOES question ones ability to be a rational leader of the free world.  If Obama is elected, we have this!!!  You have got to be kidding.

Or, maybe we shouldn't too much emphasis on the churches of the candidates.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2008, 08:51:37 PM »

You seem to reading a great deal into some one being Christian, which Obama claims as well.

Calvinism isn't the only denomination that has a problem with that. John Calvin actually tried to avoid that issue. ...and you need to stop being an asshole and putting words in me and my candidate's mouth. Ever heard of St. Thomas Aquinas? He professed a rational God, as do I and Obama. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »

Calvinism isn't the only denomination that has a problem with that. John Calvin actually tried to avoid that issue. ...and you need to stop being an asshole and putting words in me and my candidate's mouth. Ever heard of St. Thomas Aquinas? He professed a rational God, as do I and Obama. 

No, you're making that ridiculous IQ argument again and Calvin was strongly association with predestination (which I generally reject).  I've never heard any suggestion that Palin has been associated with it.

I would say Obama has some "religion problems."  We've seen what Pastor Wright's, Obama's pastor of 20 years, was like.  If you want a comparison, I'll be more than happy to make it, but I'd much prefer Palin's church to the one Obama attended for 20 years.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »

It's not just liberals saying this. My mother thinks this lady is batsh**t insane. And she's a pro-life conservative whose voted Republican in almost every election other than 2004 (she stayed home). She's probably voting Democratic for once now because this ticket scares the hell out of her.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »

No, you're making that ridiculous IQ argument again and Calvin was strongly association with predestination (which I generally reject).  I've never heard any suggestion that Palin has been associated with it.

I would say Obama has some "religion problems."  We've seen what Pastor Wright's, Obama's pastor of 20 years, was like.  If you want a comparison, I'll be more than happy to make it, but I'd much prefer Palin's church to the one Obama attended for 20 years.
Are you sure about that? I think you just stepped too far. I'm not making an IQ arguement. Where did you get that?

...Predestination isn't EXACTLY the same thing as God willing everything. Predestination can be tested, while divine will in everything can't.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2008, 10:03:15 PM »

Are you sure about that? I think you just stepped too far. I'm not making an IQ arguement. Where did you get that?

From here:  "Maybe IQ isn't normally important, but Palin is an individual of questionable qualities, no matter how you look at it. "  You are claiming that IQ first isn't important then adding a "but."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Predistination says effectively that there is a God's will that determines everything.  So far as I know, it cannot be tested.  The comment on God's will, which echoed Lincoln's, and the Lord's Prayer, was a prayer that they what they were doing was in fact God's will.  No presumption.
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 04:02:48 AM »

My IQ is 4007, so I should be the next President. 

I have a DENSA bumpersticker on my car.

I drive a Honda Civic.

Sarah Palin is a total lightweight.

Oh, and this...

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/_palin_family_shockers_what_sarahs_really_hiding/celebrity/65407

PALIN FAMILY SHOCKERS: WHAT SARAH'S REALLY HIDING!

The NATIONAL ENQUIRER’S exclusive ongoing investigation of GOP VP Nom Sarah 'Barracuda' Palin’s goes far beyond a mere teen pregnancy crisis this week!

The Enquirer’s team of reporters has combed the Alaskan wilderness to discover the hidden truth about Gov. Palin’s family, which has become a central part of her political identity.

The ENQUIRER has learned exclusively that Sarah's oldest son, Track, was addicted to the power drug OxyContin for nearly the past two years, snorting it, eating it, smoking it and even injecting it. And as Track, 19, heads to Iraq as part of the U.S. armed forces, Sarah and her husband Todd were powerless to stop his wild antics, detailed in the new issue of The ENQUIRER, which goes on sale today.

THE ENQUIRER also has exclusive details about Track's use of other drugs, including cocaine, and his involvement in a notorious local vandalism incident.

“I’ve partied with him (Track) for years,” a source disclosed.  “I’ve seen him snort cocaine, snort and smoke OxyContin, drink booze and smoke weed.”

The source also divulged the girls would do anything for Track and he’d use his local celebrity status to manipulate other guys “to get them to steal things he wanted.”

“He finally did what a lot of troubled kids here do,” the source divulged. “You join the military.”

And as Gov. Palin has billed the state of Alaska for various expenses related to her children, as reported by The Washington Post, The ENQUIRER's investigation reveals that she was so incensed by 17-year-old Bristol's pregnancy that she banished her daughter from the house.

Another family friend revealed pre-prego Bristol was as much of a hard partier as Track was.

“Bristol was a huge stoner and drinker.  I’ve seen her smoke pot and get drunk and make out with so many guys. All the guys would brag that the just made out with Bristol.”

When Sarah found out the teen was pregnant by high schooler Levi Johnston, she was actually banished from the house.  As part of the cover-up, Palin quickly transferred Bristol to another high school and made her move in with Sarah’s sister Heather 25 miles away!

And the ENQUIRER also learned that Levi Johnston, the baby mamma’s future wedded dada, who was glad handed by John McCain at the GOP Convention, isn’t too happy about his impending shotgun nups either.

“Levi got dragged out of the house to go to Minnesota,” Levi’s friend told The ENQUIRER.  “Levi realizes he’s stuck being with Bristol because her mom is running for Vice President.”

The friend also confided that both Bristol and Levi “broke up a few times and they definitely messed around with other people.”

Meanwhile, as members of the Palin family’s war viciously over “Trooper-Gate” and claims of Sarah’s extramarital affair have turned the political race into a chaotic arena of threats, denials and vicious attacks by political black ops, The ENQUIRER has discovered shocking new details about the red-hot affair scandal!

For the full story of the secrets Sarah Palin is trying to hide – pick up the new ENQUIRER!

The Enquirer is the paper that broke the recent story about John Edwards' affair, so don't just write them off. 

fb
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2008, 04:06:07 AM »

If you want to know who JJ is, just start searching the databases for 10-year-old Dodge Avengers registered in Pennsylvania, license plate beginnng with "GW".

Wink

Welcome back - haven't seen you in a while!
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 04:17:12 AM »

If you want to know who JJ is, just start searching the databases for 10-year-old Dodge Avengers registered in Pennsylvania, license plate beginnng with "GW".

Wink

Welcome back - haven't seen you in a while!

Thanks.  It's good to be back.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008, 10:52:36 AM »

My IQ is 4007, so I should be the next President. 

I have a DENSA bumpersticker on my car.

Obviously.

As for the rest of the stuff, this doesn't touch Palin anyone than Obama's "white hating brother."  That was the "Sun," I think.

freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 05:38:18 AM »

Moose in the headlights.

http://mooseinheadlights.com/
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 09:39:01 AM »

One answer to an ambiguous question doesn't cut it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 10:00:24 AM »

He was probably smoking so much weed he thought that was the whole interview.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2008, 10:38:49 AM »

He was probably smoking so much weed he thought that was the whole interview.

Do you think he'll remember when election day is?  Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2008, 12:21:18 PM »

OmGz pursnel attak!11

oh wait, its StatesRights. It's okay when he does it!11 lololol
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2008, 02:11:34 PM »

If somebody said this about you, you would bitch about it like no other. Thanks for being a hypocrite!!!!
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »

I know!  Thanks for the warm welcome back, SR! 

I'm glad to see nothing has changed in my absence...no unexpected evolution in discourse, manners or maturity around here.  Carry on.

fb
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2008, 03:22:24 PM »

If somebody said this about you, you would bitch about it like no other. Thanks for being a hypocrite!!!!

^^^^^^^

pretty much
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2008, 03:29:10 PM »

She's a total lightweight.  She carries no advanced degrees.  She is a nightmare on the environment.  She has no foreign policy or international experience.  She's not qualified.  And she is a heartbeat away from the Presidency if they win, while McCain is 72 and a four-time cancer survivor. 

I'm scared of this wacko, Fundy, separatist power abuser who preaches abstinence while her teenage daughter gets knocked up out of wedlock.  LAMENESS!

McCain shows how desperate he is with this move.

Welcome back. Glad you haven't changed.

As far as what you've said above, the same thing can be said about Obama.  He's a lightweight, he's a nightmare to free business, he has no real foreign policy experience, he's not qualified (based by your logic, since other than age and citizenship, the Constitution has no real list of qualifications for the job listed), he WOULD be President with a VP that has all the experience just an aneurysm away from death, and he's a leftist wacko.  See, I can rant like that too!  Tongue
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2008, 03:33:48 AM »

She said "nucular." Twice.

I realized three things tonight. For one, if you are a McCain/Palin/Bush voter, you and I do not have a difference of opinion. We have a difference in brain power. Two, she really is as ignorant as I feared. And, three, she really is kinda hot. Basically, I want to have sex with her on my Barack Obama sheets while my wife reads aloud from the Constitution. (My wife is cool with this if I promise to "first wipe off Palin's tranny makeup." I married well.)

Now, I want to be clear and speak directly to those of you who LOVED that Palin interview. You're an idiot. I mean that. This is not one of those cases where we're going to agree to disagree. This isn't one of those situations where we debate it passionately and then walk away thinking that the other guy is wrong but argued well. I'm not going to think of you as a thoughtful but misguided person with different ideas who still really cares about the country and the world. No, sorry, not this time. This time, if you watched those interview excerpts and weren't scared out of your freakin' mind, then you're mentally ill, mentally disabled, or mentally disturbed. What you are NOT is responsible, informed, curious, thoughtful, mature, educated, empathetic, or remotely serious. I mean it.

But I like to think that anyone can change.

Stop voting for people you want to have a beer with. Stop voting for folksy. Stop voting for people who remind you of your neighbor. Stop voting for the ideologically intransigent, the staggeringly ignorant, and the blazingly incompetent.

Vote for someone smarter than you. Vote for someone who inspires you. Vote for someone who has not only traveled the world but who has also shown a deep understanding and compassion for it. The stakes are real and they're terrifyingly high. This election matters. It matters. It really matters. Let me say that one more time. This. Really. Matters.

Sarah Palin Naked

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »

Obviously you don't know the history of that guy. Now go away, moron.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2008, 11:02:46 AM »

I just talked to two Obama supporters who were convinced that Palin's answers were too definitive.  They thought she should have sounded unsure.  Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2008, 06:30:23 PM »

Obviously you don't know the history of that guy. Now go away, moron.

lol, what a joke.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies