Department of External Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 09:14:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of External Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Department of External Affairs  (Read 12087 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »

Oh, and I love how Bangladesh isn't important enough to warrant either diplomatic relations or a lack of them.
Yeah, very accurate appraisal of that country's weight in politics. Easily the world's least powerful country per inhabitant. Smiley

And it's a good thing. I would be very, very scared if Bangladesh got its hands on some nukes.

Is a review for Bangladesh coming?

Palestine: Normal though we would like the removal of Hamas from any form of power.

What if Hamas is democratically elected?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2008, 04:41:41 AM »

Oh, and I love how Bangladesh isn't important enough to warrant either diplomatic relations or a lack of them.
Yeah, very accurate appraisal of that country's weight in politics. Easily the world's least powerful country per inhabitant. Smiley

And it's a good thing. I would be very, very scared if Bangladesh got its hands on some nukes.

Palestine: Normal though we would like the removal of Hamas from any form of power.

They are atm.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2008, 10:48:44 AM »

They are atm.

My point exactly. If the people of a country want to do something stupid, they sshould be allowed to.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2008, 05:34:53 PM »

Yes we missed Bangladesh, and it has been added. Just calm down there Xahar, we older people have lives outside of the forum.

And Hamas is a terrorist organization, and as you said if the people want to be stupid they can elect them and lose our support.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 08:07:02 AM »

The Baathists and Al Qaeda could be elected too, but would you support a government run by either?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »

I am rather disturbed personally over the choice to not make any restrictions at all against the DR of Congo, and request the SOEA review the information on the country, at the least, as the new constitution has given us little to find comfort in.
I dont believe I even got a response on this issue. Can I at least get a response from the Secretary?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »

I'll be getting to a few things either later today or tomorrow. School has been busy this week.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »

The Baathists and Al Qaeda could be elected too, but would you support a government run by either?

Baathists are tricky, especially in Atlasia since Iraq has been peaceful for several years. We wouldn't like it if the ones who fought against Iraq and the US were elected and conditions could get strained but I'm not sure if restrictions would be put in place.

As for Al Qaeda that would obviously be full restrictions and almost certainly military action since we are at war with Al Qaeda as they are with us.

I am rather disturbed personally over the choice to not make any restrictions at all against the DR of Congo, and request the SOEA review the information on the country, at the least, as the new constitution has given us little to find comfort in.
I dont believe I even got a response on this issue. Can I at least get a response from the Secretary?

Sorry, I didn't think you were asking a question at all, it just seemed like you were making a statement. Now that I know you are I can answer your question. It's mostly because of the decline in violence lately. Even though we don't have restrictions we are watching the country and if violence continues and gets worse or if the country gets farther from democracy full restrictions are very likely to return.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »

Official Press Release

The Department of External Affairs and the Government of Atlasia would like to congradulate the new President of Botswana Ian Khama on his election.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2008, 11:08:39 PM »

Sorry, I didn't think you were asking a question at all, it just seemed like you were making a statement. Now that I know you are I can answer your question. It's mostly because of the decline in violence lately. Even though we don't have restrictions we are watching the country and if violence continues and gets worse or if the country gets farther from democracy full restrictions are very likely to return.
Ah! My apology for not being more clear. I greatly appreciate the very logical response from the secretary. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008, 05:35:13 AM »

A statement on the situation in Zimbabwe would be nice.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2008, 09:01:27 AM »

Official Press Release

The Department of External Affairs and the Government of Atlasia would like to congradulate the new President of Botswana Ian Khama on his election.

Ian Khama was not elected.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »

A statement on the situation in Zimbabwe would be nice.

The DoEA is waiting for everything to fall into place before making an official statement on the matter though we are watching it closely.

Official Press Release

Ian Khama was not elected.

You are right, I just copied the last election notice and forgot to take out that the previous President resigned.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »

Time for backlog work!

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government would like to congratulate Silvio Berlusconi on getting re-elected back to Prime Minister of Italy.

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government would like to congratuate Fernando Lugo on being elected President of Paraguay.

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government is happy that elections have again happened in Nepal but we aren't happy that the Maoists won a plurality.

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government is keeping a close eye on the situation in Zimbabwe. We are hoping that the current ruling party doesn't try and rig the upcoming runnoff election and are standing fully behind Morgan Tsvangirai
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2008, 08:40:06 PM »

Time for backlog work!

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government would like to congratulate Silvio Berlusconi on getting re-elected back to Prime Minister of Italy.

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government would like to congratuate Fernando Lugo on being elected President of Paraguay.

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government is happy that elections have again happened in Nepal but we aren't happy that the Maoists won a plurality.

Official Press Release

The Atlasian Government is keeping a close eye on the situation in Zimbabwe. We are hoping that the current ruling party doesn't try and rig the upcoming runnoff election and are standing fully behind Morgan Tsvangirai

Is it a good idea to take such strong positions based on political ideologies (basically why do we congratulate the corrupt Berlusconi and yet condemn the Maoists in Nepal who may not be as bad as the monarchy?)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »

Time for backlog work!

Official Press Release

Official Press Release

Official Press Release

Official Press Release

Is it a good idea to take such strong positions based on political ideologies (basically why do we congratulate the corrupt Berlusconi and yet condemn the Maoists in Nepal who may not be as bad as the monarchy?)

We didn't condemn them, we'd just rather have a different group in but we are happy that they were democratically elected in.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »

Time for backlog work!

Official Press Release

Official Press Release

Official Press Release

Official Press Release

We didn't condemn them, we'd just rather have a different group in but we are happy that they were democratically elected in.

In that case, it's probably worth rewording that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2008, 10:09:16 PM »

Sorry this part has taken so long, I've been busy in real life so I haven't had much time to delve into this part of the process for awhile.

China

Overall relations are normal but of course specifics. Atlasia shall not boycott either the opening ceremony or the Beijing Olympics. We fully support an independent Tebet and condemn China for their illegal occupation. We also fully recognize Taiwan as an independent country and will support them in case of a Chinese invasion.

We condemn China for their human right's abuses and for showing no effort to correct them. This goes along with work conditions for the average Chinese person. We also condemn China for safety hazards posed by their low quality products and demand they improve.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »

I've been pretty busy lately and because of that I've neglected my work. But fear not, we shall start getting some work out of me hopefully tomorrow but definitly this upcoming week.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies