Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:30:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Starbucks

Dunkin Donuts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts  (Read 11321 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: September 26, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »
« edited: September 26, 2013, 05:02:43 PM by memphis »

I remember when I was a kid and gas stations were just beginning to change into the now ubiquitous convenience stores that also sell gas. The inside of gas stations were usually greasy and not nearly as bright and clean as they are now.  Exxon made some deal with Dunkin Donuts so that they sold their product inside the gas stations. It  must not have gone over well because it only lasted about a year or two. Anybody else remember this? It can't just have been in Memphis. Would have been about 1990 or so. After that, we didn't have any DD for about 20 years. They've recently opened a few stores around town. There are still way more Starbucks here though.
I hardly ever get donuts, but if I do, there's a local place, with just one East Memphis location, that I strongly prefer to the chains. The look of the place is quite dated, with plain hard booths and a giant neon sign, but they are the greatest. Conveniently located next to the Liquor and Wine Depot and across the street from Gus's Fried Chicken. Gibson's Donuts 4ever!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies