Sanders backers take over California Democratic Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:32:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sanders backers take over California Democratic Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders backers take over California Democratic Party  (Read 3171 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: January 19, 2017, 04:36:32 PM »

With each passing day I ask myself with increasing confusion why I'm not packing up and moving to California already.

Maybe you wouldn't want your life to be ridiculously expensive.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:42:32 AM »

Woo-hoo. Go all liberal all the time.

Where do liberals stand on how to cook their steaks?  Need to know what not to order tonight ... or do they reject steaks all together?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »

Woo-hoo. Go all liberal all the time.

Where do liberals stand on how to cook their steaks?  Need to know what not to order tonight ... or do they reject steaks all together?

I have mine rare, with any sauce ideally being off to the side so I can choose whether or not to have it.  Its the environmentally friendly thing to do that; ensures that my perfectly cooked steak isn't ruined by whatever terrible sauce they have

Well, since we likely disagree on tax brackets, I will have to change how I order my food, naturally.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »

I wonder if the moderate cubicle slaves in the silicon valley will still come out to vote if the Sanders/Warren wing takes over.

Ya know, just because they're upscale doesn't mean they're not liberal.  They'll still vote for Sanders types.  People here act like "affluent" Whites are this coherent group that simply vote for whatever party appears more enlightened at the moment, LOL.  That is total BS.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »

I wonder if the moderate cubicle slaves in the silicon valley will still come out to vote if the Sanders/Warren wing takes over.

It's not like we need them. The Democratic coalition is big enough that we can afford shedding some dead weight.

Coalition building: alienating a culturally influential and decently sized part of your current coalition in an attempt to appeal to a less reliable group of rural whites that aren't even common in your state.

Apparently elitism and dismissive attacks on a group of people is okay if you don't like them.

You don't build coalitions for the sake of building coalitions. You build coalitions to gain the power to change policies. Those who aren't on board with left-wing policies have no place in a left-wing coalition: seems pretty obvious to me.

This is why it's so ridiculous when people act like White college graduates - especially in Southern suburbs - are going to become these reliably Democratic voters.  I'm not saying the folks in charge of the Democratic Party are super high on ideological conviction or anything, but they're still liberals ... they can make gains with those groups, but at a certain point they'll be actively courting voters who quite literally don't agree with the Democratic agenda at ALL.  No Democrat wants that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies