Why was the Democratic establishment so united behind Clinton in the beginning? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:09:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why was the Democratic establishment so united behind Clinton in the beginning? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why was the Democratic establishment so united behind Clinton in the beginning?  (Read 3255 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: May 30, 2017, 02:06:50 AM »

I get why they supported her over Sanders, but I'm asking why they tried to clear the field for her early on. It seems that her flaws as a candidate should have been clear then. Were they trying to avoid a primary battle altogether? Did they think that any other plausible candidate had no chance?

To whom? If you read the threads from back in 2013 to mid 2015, you see people mostly praising her. I was one of the few people saying she'd be a bad candidate, but no one listened to me.

Everyone at RRH was well aware of how bad a candidate she was back in the post-midterm days of 2014/early 2015.

Yeah but Democrats are going to dismiss it as just the gripes of a right-of-center community. Very few left-of-center people were saying she was unelectable.

Maybe not unelectable, but I was saying she was certainly not inevitable.

To be fair, it was the same drivel you were spewing before 2012.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies