Applying To Colleges (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:45:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Applying To Colleges (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Applying To Colleges  (Read 87974 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 31, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »

Anyone applying early action/decision? I've been working through the wee hours of the morning for the last two weeks, only to completely throw out a supplemental essay and change the topic...with a day to go! haha
Four years ago when I was applying to undergrad I applied ED to Franklin and Marshall College and got accepted despite having slightly lower GPA than they normally accept (I did have slightly above SATs). The odds are certainly better, but you have to know that one school is your preference over others.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »

While this topic is up here, I'll take the time to fret about my own current applications to Classics grad school. Has anyone on here applied to a PhD program before that might be able to hint at what worked and what didn't? It's such a guessing game with what these places want sometimes...
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 02:12:16 PM »

Come to UVA, Speed.  We've got an exceptional Classics Department.
I am applying to UVA's PhD, and if I don't get into one of the ivies, it's probably next on my list.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies