Obama's Catholic hospital decision (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:02:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's Catholic hospital decision (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's Catholic hospital decision  (Read 8057 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: February 02, 2012, 03:22:04 PM »

If only it was a law forcing Muslims to eat pork. The left would be all up in arms.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever vote for that man. But then again it's been that way for a long time...

This will be tossed at the Supreme Court.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »

It will be a cold day in hell before I ever vote for that man. But then again it's been that way for a long time...

This will be tossed at the Supreme Court.

I sincerely hope it will be thrown out before that, since if Catholic hospitals are seriously considering not providing health coverage to their workers, well...that is really, really, really not good news otherwise.

Well, that's up to Obama. I'm just glad that he's delivering more votes to the Republican party, and for no reason at all.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »

And if the Catholic Church now drops health coverage for their workers, they will bleed talent. Those who are in demand enough will leave leading to a lower quality of care. Of course they already lose a lot of talent due to their archaic rules on birth control pills. Trust me, I know.

But protecting the rights of women workers is important too. I wish they didn't cover plan B so the line in the sand could have been clearer. It is absolutely wrong to not cover birth control. Completely and utterly wrong.

Birth control is not exactly expensive. Of all the aspects of compensation to be a stickler about, it would be quite funny indeed if that was one of them!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

Shouldn't an employer, of whatever faith, respect whatever choice the employee wants to make?  This may come as a shock to some, but some Catholics don't agree with the Church on every little thing regarding contreceptives.  There's no way this is comparable to force-feeding Muslims, that's just retarded.    

They do. You can shell out of pocket for your birth control pills to your heart's content.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:14:29 AM »

Repealed.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/story/2012-02-10/obama-birth-control/53036006/1
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies