A statement on recent events (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:20:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A statement on recent events (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A statement on recent events  (Read 1934 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: April 30, 2022, 07:27:05 PM »

S019, as much as you say you were not involved, you just supported OBD's slate because you always vote Labor, whatever, the fact is:

1. You were a candidate designed to be part of the 14-15 Labor/NKT/RevCom Senate.
2. You created a thread designed to investigate "fraud" by the Federalist Party, and demanded certain users submit PMs to you, which would be a TOS violation for them to do (even if rarely enforced)
3. You created a poll designed to take focus off of the Kansas Crisis and onto supposed "fraud" that the Federalists were planning according to you.
4. As voting was beginning, you posted a "report" in which you detailed various grievances with  the Atlasian System and concluded that "adjustments" must be made to the result of the election - Oddly enough, Truman was apparently planning to do just that had things not leaked out the way they did.

I'll acknowledge that you're not in the leaks directly. But it is made clear that you started your "investigation" based on orders from those who were directly involved. So it's very hard to believe that [nearly] everything was concealed from you - particularly since your report suggested the very thing Truman was planning to do - probably an accidental admission rather than a strange coincidence. And it's also very clear that you have no objection to anything OBD, Truman, or whoever did or was planning to do.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 07:54:34 PM »

I don't necessarily see the game as being in some sort of dire state. We had 18 candidates for At-Large with the write-ins. We had 9 candidates getting a vote or having a vote transfer to them for Lincoln General Court. We had at least 2 candidates in each subregional race - several  had three. The South also had several more candidates than seats to allocate, and 3 candidates for Governor. True, turnout leaves something to be desired among the registered voter base as a whole. But the people that are here are eager to serve the game.

With the plot having been exposed, we are formally impeaching Truman and OBD (disappearance and deregistration notwithstanding) to avoid them causing any additional damage. We are removing agents of OBD from the government. We are bringing back SoIA and reinstating the SOS and SoFE to take away the centralization of authority that had been in the possession of the AG. There are also talks of changing the relationship between the President and the SoFE, and talks of setting up more clear rules for impeachment trials. So we are pursuing reform where it is needed.

As far as I'm concerned, you were at least partially involved because you complied with orders to create that thread, which my impression from the leaks has been that that was going to become some sort of tool to justify Truman invalidating many Fed votes. Maybe you are just some sort of robotic person who does whatever Labor Leadership tells you to do, maybe you really did want to increase competition in the game, or maybe you were 'in on it'  and now your job is to damage control. The fact is, we don't know, and the correlation between your actions and what was actually being planned looks extraordinarily suspicious. It also looks extraordinarily suspicious that you are here devoting time to getting people to stop caring about this.

I hate and abhor everything LT has done, and I will never vote for him again. I'm sorry I voted for him Last June. But that does not provide justification for ignoring the clear attempt to destroy the game by OBD's cult.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 12:39:03 AM »

With the plot having been exposed, we are formally impeaching Truman and OBD (disappearance and deregistration notwithstanding) to avoid them causing any additional damage. We are removing agents of OBD from the government. We are bringing back SoIA and reinstating the SOS and SoFE to take away the centralization of authority that had been in the possession of the AG. There are also talks of changing the relationship between the President and the SoFE, and talks of setting up more clear rules for impeachment trials. So we are pursuing reform where it is needed.

Bringing back the SoIA is going to contribute to office surplus. You get too many offices, not enough competitive elections, and we already have too many offices, as you can see with random zombies taking up most positions in regional legislatures.
So apparently you have to be what, a major presence in the game to be elected to a regional legislature, under your rules? Regional Legislatures are often how people get started in this game. There has to be a beginning office, so to speak, and it has to be something relatively low-key that party leadership won't much care about if something goes terribly wrong. While newbies do sometimes end up in the federal government, that's a high risk environment and also sort of forces all the varying elements of the game onto them all at once. The regional legislature is the smaller, simpler, low risk environment that is meant for new players to 'get their feet wet'.

Further, your point sort of falls flat when you look at who we just elected.

Lincoln:

ReaganClinton - has been in the game for years
Koopa - has been in the game for years
Adam Griffin - has been in the game for years, literally was President
Pink Panther - longtime voter looking to get into office - again, the regional legislature is where you do it, and there are no signs he will be inactive.
Zenobiyl - Okay, sure, he just got here, has no history, etc. etc. I get it. But he clearly has some interest given he ran in two elections held just two weeks apart, and so far he is showing up.

So only 2/5 (broadly speaking) classify as "random zombies", and neither has shown any signs of "inactivity".

South:

Reagente - been in the game for years
Ulmer - been in the game for years
Spark - been in the game for years
Tim - been in the game for years
Fhtagn - been in the game for years, literally was President

Don't see any random zombies here.

Fremont (last election in February):

ASV - been in the game for years
Battista Minola - been in the game for years, literally was VP
Peebs - literally one of the main people keeping this going.

So your random zombies argument falls flat when you look at who is actually winning, and even if there were random zombies, regional legislatures are where we are supposed to give people a fair chance to succeed. They're not really supposed to be stocked with Olds.

Further, we don't really have an office surplus. We had plenty of candidates this election, in February, in December, ....  - and plus, two regions adjust their legislatures according to interest anyways. The third is only fixed because it's gerrymandered.

On the SoIA, yes it does create what is somewhat of a vanity office, but quite frankly, maybe that's what we need. This whole plot happened in part because so much power was placed on the office of the Attorney General. We must take action to limit the level of power there, even if it might not create day to day activity.

As far as I'm concerned, you were at least partially involved because you complied with orders to create that thread, which my impression from the leaks has been that that was going to become some sort of tool to justify Truman invalidating many Fed votes. Maybe you are just some sort of robotic person who does whatever Labor Leadership tells you to do, maybe you really did want to increase competition in the game, or maybe you were 'in on it'  and now your job is to damage control. The fact is, we don't know, and the correlation between your actions and what was actually being planned looks extraordinarily suspicious. It also looks extraordinarily suspicious that you are here devoting time to getting people to stop caring about this.

I think you're a good and well meaning person, but this comment is just entirely ignorant and I can't say it any nicer.

I've read the leaks in their entirety (have you?). I also got awkwardly included in a conversation Sunday night when Truman left every discord group ever when things got leaked. I also was PMed things. I wouldn't say I was deeply involved in the opposition, but especially now, I understand the core of what was going on. I will say there are things that argue in your favor, in terms of not being directly involved - early in the leaks, there is some general mocking of you, and that long effortpost you made about this being some plot to make the right win received a good laugh and a response of "No" to "Does S019 know what is going on?". BUT, then there is clear agreement that you should be employed to conduct a "prosecution" of fraud, a statement that you are willingly awaiting orders, and proof that Truman was dming you.....but it's unclear how much you were dmed. What did Truman communicate to you in that conversation, or later? Who knows. What we do know is that you conducted your investigation at his orders, and provided a conclusion that would have served him well, had things not leaked. And now you're here trying to make us look away from it all.

Are you merely a servant, who takes orders, because "Well, I'm a Laborite, I do whatever Leadership tells me, regardless of the merits." whose conclusion happened to accidentally align with Truman, or, were you eventually in on it all, once you were employed to create that thread? It's a question that Atlasians will continue to ponder for generations.

I hate and abhor everything LT has done, and I will never vote for him again. I'm sorry I voted for him Last June. But that does not provide justification for ignoring the clear attempt to destroy the game by OBD's cult.

No, it does not. But what it does justify is going after LT for his far more serious offense before going after anyone for involvement in this.

Unfortunately, LT has effectively won his innocence via the courts. The game does not control his forum sanctions, however light they may be. For whatever reason, Federalists are unwilling to excommunicate him [probably because the cost in loss of voters would be too great given their already perilous position in the game]. The situation is such that all routes to punish LT have simply been exhausted. He will always be a free man. There's nothing to be done at this point, aside from always voting against him.

So, the prudent thing is to focus on what can be accomplished. And that is what is happening now.

I don't necessarily see the game as being in some sort of dire state. We had 18 candidates for At-Large with the write-ins. We had 9 candidates getting a vote or having a vote transfer to them for Lincoln General Court. We had at least 2 candidates in each subregional race - several  had three. The South also had several more candidates than seats to allocate, and 3 candidates for Governor. True, turnout leaves something to be desired among the registered voter base as a whole. But the people that are here are eager to serve the game.

I once heard a circuit court judge state "you cant argue you cant be convicted for selling drugs just because you know another drug dealer across town whos not in custody".

Why do you think literally anyone cares what you think? You have no leg to stand on here.

Mr. Reactionary provided key actions to save the game. Meanwhile you, at best, acted as a servant to its destruction, and at worst, were in on the act. And now you're here, trying to make us all look away.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies