Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:41:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming  (Read 4795 times)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« on: October 23, 2017, 06:32:29 PM »
« edited: October 23, 2017, 07:19:51 PM by wxtransit »

Hmm...sounds interesting...I'll join.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 06:50:23 PM »

Is the name of this party be abbreviated to C's? (Similar to the Spanish party)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:01 PM »

Now for an incredibly important question: what is the hex code for this party's official color?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:01 PM »

With all the new parties, I can't wait to see the next census update.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:23:34 PM »

With all the new parties, I can't wait to see the next census update.

The Census only recognizes parties with 3 or more members as distinct entities; other parties are lumped in the 'other category.' So really, only Citizens will be added to the next update unless another person joins the AWRP.

This has actually been a pretty tame period for small third parties. In July, the party breakdown looked like this:

Welp, looks like I missed the main show. And that's around the time I joined the forum! I should have registered earlier Smiley
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2017, 02:32:07 PM by wxtransit »

I fourth the nomination for Lumine as Party Chairman. I also second the nomination for Spiral as Vice Chairman.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »

Vice-Chairman:

[1] Spiral
[2] Simfan

Secretary:

[1] Rpryor
[2] Simfan
[3] Spiral
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »

Should we begin working on the platform soon?

Is this still gonna happen? I feel like one of the problems we had in the Fremont elections was that it wasn't quite clear where the party stood.

I'd throw out a general plank of encouraging and harnessing technological innovation (automation, automated cars, drones, etc). Pretty sure it's already in the party description and it was one of the planks I ran on.

I think we should start on one soon. But I don't know what to contribute Smiley
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 01:32:50 AM »

I guess one of the first things we should decide is whether we want to have reformist planks and remain ideologically flexible for each individual candidate (progressive/conservative/moderate/etc) or take an ideological stance as well.

Thoughts?

This party seems to be quite ideologically diverse, more united by the thought of an alternative to the two-party system, so in my opinion, I think we should be flexible for each candidate. But I don't know Smiley
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »

I guess one of the first things we should decide is whether we want to have reformist planks and remain ideologically flexible for each individual candidate (progressive/conservative/moderate/etc) or take an ideological stance as well.

Thoughts?

This party seems to be quite ideologically diverse, more united by the thought of an alternative to the two-party system, so in my opinion, I think we should be flexible for each candidate. But I don't know Smiley

I'd agree. I'm probably the farthest left person in the party (that I know of) and I know we span pretty far right as well. I'd be curious to see (maybe through some kind of survey?) if there are any issues where there is near-unanimous agreement on within the party that we can champion. I feel like having a really strong set of issues that possibly even crossover from reform to ideological territory could be helpful in us carving out a brand
I know I'm probably on the right side of the party (not sure how right). I would definitely support a survey.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »

What is the Citizens Party planning for the midterms?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »

What is the Citizens Party planning for the midterms?

With none of our own on the ballot is it just a free-for-all?

That's what it seems...if we want a shot at winning something then someone better declare pretty quick.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 10:46:42 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2017, 10:53:35 PM by wxtransit »

I'll be accepting write-ins for the House.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 07:08:55 PM »

I support.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 03:18:43 PM »

So how do we go about establishing official planks? I’m guessing we need party leadership or something, but I can go ahead and draft up a couple

Cool. I might draft up a few tonight, also. What kind of policy will we define since we're big tent? We have social conservatives and liberals and economic conservatives and liberals, so...
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »

So how do we go about establishing official planks? I’m guessing we need party leadership or something, but I can go ahead and draft up a couple

Cool. I might draft up a few tonight, also. What kind of policy will we define since we're big tent? We have social conservatives and liberals and economic conservatives and liberals, so...

I'm guessing just codifying that we stand for an alternative to the current two-party system, reform, etc, and not any specific policy planks.

That sounds like a plan. We also could open up a poll to party members only (Google Forms or something) if we want to do it that way, too.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 06:33:30 PM »

I'm guessing just codifying that we stand for an alternative to the current two-party system, reform, etc, and not any specific policy planks.

That sounds like a plan. We also could open up a poll to party members only (Google Forms or something) if we want to do it that way, too.

Sounds good to me. Not sure if this was what you were referencing with the poll, but I was also thinking we could maybe propose a bunch of planks and then have people vote for or against each individual plank.

I was kind of going in that direction...but good idea. I think with a little rebranding and some definite policy planks, we can get this thing off the ground.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 12:52:30 AM »

I'm waiting for official confirmation from Peebs, but it looks like we now have a seat in the House.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 01:50:56 AM »

Gentlemen,

I must offer a public apology here. My thesis was up to be delivered today, and I've been forced to write at least 50 pages over the past three days. I've managed to finish writing it, but the process has left me utterly drained and exhausted, and I had to give my full, complete priority to it.

So I apologize for not being around, the party deserves better from a party chair. I commend the party members who have taken the initiative in platform and running for office, and offer my sincerest apologies most of all to them.

I'll probably be downscaling the time spent on the forum (beyond hosting a game) as I need to recharge my own batteries after the effort of the past few days, so I'll be considering whether to offer my resignation tomorrow if I truly feel I can't commit. I prefer to be on the serious side of the matter here, and not kill a rising party out of my own inactivity.

Anyway, I'll think carefully about this and issue a clear decision ASAP. Congratulations on wxtransit if he won, truly an excellent result for an excellent candidate!

Thank you! And I understand, I have major projects within the next two weeks and I probably won't be able to spend much time on Atlas until around Christmas. I think you're still a great party leader.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »

I think that now that the election is over, we should vote on Lumine's by-laws.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »

Official confirmation from Peebs. We have a seat!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 12:28:03 PM »

Official confirmation from Peebs. We have a seat!

Congrats Representative wxtransit!

Representative-elect for now Smiley
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »

Aye.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 06:32:52 PM »

Here's a copy of the by-laws for reference:

By-Laws Proposal:

CITIZENSSad
By-LawsSad

I.- Members:

1.- All members registered by the Registrar General as belonging to Citizens will be considered as full members of the party.
2.- Party members are expected to behave in a dignified manner suitable for a political party, and therefore can be subject to censure or expulsion from the party. Motions for reprimands or expulsions can be raised by either the Chairman, Vice-Chairman or at least two party members. Censure votes require a simple majority of voting party members, and Expulsion votes will require a two-thirds majority of voting party members.
3.- Party members are entitled to the endorsement and full support of the party in elections in which they are candidates, unless the number of party candidates is superior to the available seats, in which case primaries shall be held. The only other exception to automatic endorsements are Presidential Elections.
4.- Primaries for party endorsement will be run with an STV vote organized by the Chairman, or in his absence, Vice-Chairman or Secretary.

II.- Party Leadership:

1.- The Citizens party leadership will be comprised by a Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary, all  offices to be voted on at every party convention.
2.- The Chairman will provide executive leadership for the party and will be in charge of overall strategy and planning.
3.- The Vice-Chairman is entitled to lead the party as Acting Chairman in the absence of the Chairman, and tasked with party recruitment and GOTV efforts regarding elections.
4.- The Secretary is tasked with keeping record of the party's activities, running online and wiki efforts including updating of articles and necessary information. The Secretary is entitled to lead as Acting Chairman in the absence of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
5.- Leadership Elections will be held by Citizens at every party convention with an STV vote to last 48 hours. Should there be a single candidate for a particular office said candidate will be immediately appointed to that office.

III.- Party Conventions:

1.- Citizens will hold party conventions on February, June and October. These conventions will provide for the election of the party leadership, endorsement votes for President and Vice-President, debates on the platform and by-laws.
2.- These conventions must begin at least three weeks before the scheduled presidential election.
3.- A week before the convention is to open the Chairman will open nominations for the location, accepting one nomination per-party member during a period of 48 hours and then holding a 48 hour STV vote to determine the winner.
4.- All Citizens members who sign in at the convention will be granted status of delegates, as long as they joined Citizens at least a week before the start of the convention.
5.- The schedule of each convention is left to the party leadership.

IV. - Party Dissolution:

1.- Dissolution motions for Citizens can be brought up by a party member on the Citizens HQ, and if seconded by at least one party member an immediate 48 hour debate will commence. Then a public 48 hour vote (between YES and NO) will be held, dissolution only passing with a majority of at least two-thirds.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 10:47:46 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=250421.0
lol
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies