UK General Election, 2017 - Election Day and Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Election, 2017 - Election Day and Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Election, 2017 - Election Day and Results Thread  (Read 149078 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: June 07, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »

Qriously is an Austrian polling startup company, focused on polling that uses mobile apps.

From what I remember, their swing state polls in the US were pretty accurate, predicting Trump wins in PA and MI for example.

But in the UK I guess they will be off this time ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »

Qriously also did really well in the recent South Korea and Dutch elections (their first polls ever !), but did badly in the Turkish referendum (predicting a 59% Yes win, Yes won with 51.4%).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:20:09 AM »

This is totally anecdotal of course, but I was talking to some of the people I used to work with in London. In 2015, I would say about 70% voted Conservative, this time, not a single one is.

Obviously, middle class twenty-somethings in London are a bit of an odd demographic in this election, but there are definitely a crowd of more-or-less socially liberal, right leaning voters who are plumping for the Communist over the Fascist.

Sure sure.

What always amuses me on Election Days are the stories told by Lefties. The best are:

- All Cons/Republicans/Right-Wingers I know (and I know a lot despite living in a left-wing bubble with of course no immigrants, older People outside family and people I disagree with cause I'm totally tolerant except for other opinions) stay home/vote the other way.
- Turnout in my left-wing are is skyrocking, never have I seen such a long queue
- I spoke with people in the line and all were voting left-wing, some haven't voted in 100 years, even people normally voting the other side admitted proudly they support us.
- texted with a friend in a heavily rural area and NOBODY was in the voting room when he voted, turnout is down there.

We'll see how it turns out, maybe you should look more at the weather forcast cause it's your side depending on low information, sluggish voters to come out.

Oh the irony

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=260932.msg5620110#msg5620110

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's ok to be a fascist, but please, try to be a consistent one.

How did this French town vote this year ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 06:40:08 AM »

Can anyone explain to me again plz why some electoral districts are fully counted within 1 hour, while others take 6-10 hours to count their votes ?

The size of the districts is pretty much the same, right - as in # of voters per district ?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »

A reporter for the German Phoenix channel said that turnout in London is lower than last time, in the precinct he visited.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 03:20:32 PM »

How is Sunderland such a safe labour area when it voted heavily for brexit?

Because many Labour voters also voted for Brexit, together with many Torie and UKIP voters.

There are areas around here as well which voted 60-70% Hofer but 40-50% SPÖ in the 2004 and 2009 state elections.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 12:53:29 AM »

Very unexpected result.

I expected the former UKIP voters to break heavily for the Conservatives, but it seems they went to Labour with about 60%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies