Battle of the Liberals - A Brief Timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:52:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Battle of the Liberals - A Brief Timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Battle of the Liberals - A Brief Timeline  (Read 8571 times)
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« on: December 17, 2010, 08:54:19 PM »

I got news for you. If nobody receives a majority of the Electoral College vote, then the US Senate can only choose between the top two EV winners for Vice President. That means that either Marco Rubio or David Petraeus becomes Vice President.
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 06:55:34 PM »

I got news for you. If nobody receives a majority of the Electoral College vote, then the US Senate can only choose between the top two EV winners for Vice President. That means that either Marco Rubio or David Petraeus becomes Vice President.
Then, the House is unable to elect a President. Democrats in the Senate vote for Petraeus and elect him Vice President. Petraeus becomes Acting President until the House can get 26 state delegations behind one candidate.

After the House posthumously elects Michael Bloomberg POTUS, David Petraeus is able to serve as President until January 20, 2017.

By 2016, the Constitution is amended to provide runoffs for Presidential elections to the top three electoral college vote winners.

Whoops. Got my results screwed up Wink It's either David Petraeus or Chris Christie by the way. You screwed up my results too. Let's assume the United States Senate screwed it up also.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies