See things from the other's perspective (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:39:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  See things from the other's perspective (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: See things from the other's perspective  (Read 3060 times)
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« on: June 30, 2015, 07:28:01 PM »

While there are indeed instances where one party is clearly wrong about some issue. And certain issues which don't even deserve consideration. A lot of cases are subjective. I consider true open-mindedness, not the b.s. term people throw around carelessly like many others do the word "love", to be exactly that. The ability to see things from the other person's point of view, to give the opposing position some thought. It doesn't mean you accept the view or even think it is good. It just means you attempt to understand what others are thinking. To not dismiss something without at least considering it.

It is entirely possible for a pro-confederate anti-gay marriage conservative to be more open minded than a far left liberal who is willing to embrace all kinds of alternative lifestyles. It isn't the conclusion but rather how you arrive there. Although in most cases that conservative probably wont be open minded, it is a possibility. In my experience, both sides tend to be pretty close minded, but I have met open minded people too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies