What happened to Gabu? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 06:15:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What happened to Gabu? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What happened to Gabu?  (Read 8316 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: February 24, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »

I've had this topic brought to my attention, so I figure I might as well make a post about it just for the record.  The short answer is that no, I haven't just gone somewhere; rather, I've lost all interest in posting here.

Quite frankly I'm surprised it took as long as it did for it to get to this point, but I suppose it was just an old habit that I was just following without really asking why I was doing so.  I've mostly lost interest in politics, or at least discussing politics.  While I still support Obama 100%, I have little interest and see little point in endlessly defending him on the internet against the same thing over and over again.  I only use this as an example; the same could obviously be said about other things that just get repeated time and time again.

Essentially, for a few days there I was too busy to come to this forum, and then when I did come back with a clear view of topics that I had no stake in, I pretty much had a sudden epiphany where I just asked myself "why the heck do I bother with this crap?"  I took a quick look through the 2008 elections forum and saw pretty much nothing I actually wanted to reply to.  I've always found it to mostly be the case that people seems to have little interest to actually talk about things, and instead listen to what others have to say only as far as they need to in order to determine whether they should call the poster an idiot or post in agreement, and thus seems to be getting more and more the case as the election season rolls on.

Perhaps I'm just burnt out and maybe I'll be back later.  We'll see.  But right now, I just see little point in continuing to post here; it seems like a largely futile effort, kind of like the fate given to Sisyphus in Greek mythology.  I've since found other things to keep me occupied and am perfectly happy with them.  If you really, really want to contact me, all of my contact info is in my profile.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies