Gerrymandering the States (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:15:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gerrymandering the States (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gerrymandering the States  (Read 19069 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: July 06, 2004, 03:51:22 PM »

Can we create new states? or just play around with current boundaries
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »

If I do a map...is there anyone who can host it for me?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 12:09:58 PM »

1) Take the 4 suburban counties around Philadelphia and the city itself, combine with South Jersey (Mercer and Atlantic counties included) with New Castle County Delaware to form the Commonwealth of Franklin.

2) Take Northeastern Pa from Lehigh and Northampton Counties on up and combine with Upstate New York. Add Erie in the west. This new state will be called New New York. >P

3) Take the 5 boroughs and the rest of the Island, combine with the interior suburbs (ie West Chester) and combine with North Jersey, and one county from extreme Southwestern Connecticut to form Old New York. :-p

4) Take Metro Pittsburgh and the suburbs and all counties in PA to the west, with Northern West Virginia and combine with Ohio. This state will be called Oh-Oh-Oh--OHIO.

5) Take the rest of PA and form the state of New Alabama.

6) Take the Eastern half of whats remaining of West Virginia and add it back to Virginia. Call this Virginia Now with Improved West Virginia.

7) Take Western West Virginia and add it to Kentucky. Just Call it Kentucky...I'm sure anyone could come up with a good name with this one.

Cool Take the Upper Penninsula of Michigan and add it to Wisconsin. Call Wisconsin Wisconigan and call Michigan...Mich.

Going back down South...

9) Take the panhandle of florida and divide it along the alabama and Georgia borders and give to those states.
Call whats left of florida the State of Genitalia.

I'll get back to this later...if the forum doesn't collectively stone me...

Jeohavah!

Who Said that?

(I heart Monty Python)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies