Give Kerry credit for showing class in his fairly rapid concession (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:54:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Give Kerry credit for showing class in his fairly rapid concession (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Give Kerry credit for showing class in his fairly rapid concession  (Read 3462 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: November 03, 2004, 02:33:57 PM »

I second the motion.

I thought the Edwards speech was awful - not a word of congratulations to Pres. Bush or a pledge to work together in the future - but Sen. Kerry's speech was very moving.

I hope Kerry's most ardent supporters, who have seemed to be driven mainly by hate and condescension toward the president, listen to what Sen. Kerry said, and I hope the president's supporters also respond graciously.

I thought it was excellent that he mentioned victory in Iraq and in the war on terror, rather than simply getting out of Iraq.  I was very moved when his daughters joined him on the stage.  All in all, it was a wonderful example of how we should all behave, win or lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies