Global Treaty Organization Expansion Bill (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:24:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Global Treaty Organization Expansion Bill (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Global Treaty Organization Expansion Bill (Debating)  (Read 5027 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 19, 2009, 04:45:48 PM »

I will accept an amendment to include the RoK and Norway as friendly.

Just as a note; the GM should inform us of the ratification process of this treaty in each of the concerned countries knowing their governments, legislatures and so forth.

Already brainstorming it. I've got it covered. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:01:10 PM »

Would make for a much more interesting article from the GM. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:28:55 PM »

The GTO should include countries of major relevance on the world stage, and countries that are close partners of Atlasian.

People can stop nominating their favourite foreign country.

I thought the point of a Global Treaty Organization was to make the strongest alliance possible which would entail having as many allies as possible right?

There is actually a growing buzz around "minilateralism" in the international relations field, in which agreement of the fewest necessary number of nations is sought to achieve the desired result.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »

The GTO should include countries of major relevance on the world stage, and countries that are close partners of Atlasian.

People can stop nominating their favourite foreign country.

I thought the point of a Global Treaty Organization was to make the strongest alliance possible which would entail having as many allies as possible right?

There is actually a growing buzz around "minilateralism" in the international relations field, in which agreement of the fewest necessary number of nations is sought to achieve the desired result.

Well call me old fashioned then Wink

Not, of course, to rule out multilateralism. I just read an interesting piece a few weeks back about that emerging field. Both are needed and beneficial in their own ways, so whatever the Senate chooses will have its pros and cons.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »

Bear in mind that 4/5 of GTO member nations must approve of all nations petitioning for admittance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies